Thread: Getting the SIM Unlock Code from Straight Talk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Getting the SIM Unlock Code from Straight Talk

I recently purchased a Nokia e5 from ST. Has anyone successfully obtained the SIM unlock code from ST? I have read reports from other forums ST has provided unlock codes in the past but the reps I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about.

If you have obtained an unlock code from ST I would appreciate learning what steps you took to obtain it and exactly whom you contacted ( phone number, email address etc )

Thank you

Feedback Score
    straight talk does not give out any unlock codes for their phones.
    you will need to use a third party service for that.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Several years ago there was talk at the FCC of requiring carriers to provide unlock codes to their customers. I don't know if this was implemented or not but I have never heard of a carrier refusing an unlock code when you pay full price for the phone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I found a Nokia e71 on Ebay where the seller claims Straight Talk unlocked it and he last used the phone on H2O. Doesn't anyone here have experience getting an unlock code from ST?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Nope, all I have ever heard is people reporting being unable to unlock Straight Talk phones. They definitely won't give the unlock code. It might be possible for some third party to unlock with some specialized tools/software.

Carrier
    straight talk - at&t
    Feedback Score
    I have both the at&t and st nokia e71.. There is a bit of a difference att's is the e71x and the firmware on it is way more responsive when it comes to opening things ie: msgs, pics, basically everything... Maybe one could flash the e71x firmware to st's e71

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using HowardForums

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful4Advice View Post
    Well I found a Nokia e71 on Ebay where the seller claims Straight Talk unlocked it and he last used the phone on H2O. Doesn't anyone here have experience getting an unlock code from ST?
    No, St/Tracfone will not unlock any of their phones. The nokia E 71 can be unlocked by a software or from a 3rd party vendor. My current nokia e71 is unlocked, and plan to use it as a standby phone for international travel, otherwise spending 15-20$ for this seems like a moot point.

Feedback Score
    I bought a phone from Straight Talk, after 5 months of terrible service I am switching to another carrier. Will the new carrier be able to activate my old phone, that way I can just buy a new sim card from my new carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyJo View Post
    I bought a phone from Straight Talk, after 5 months of terrible service I am switching to another carrier. Will the new carrier be able to activate my old phone, that way I can just buy a new sim card from my new carrier.
    what phone is it ??? the only straight talk phone that can be activiated on another carrier that i can think of is the straight talk i phone 5.the rest of the straight talk phones--- no
    Last edited by october262; 10-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.