Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I Use a Used Sprint or Unlocked iPhone with Virgin Mobile?

Phone
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Can I Use a Used Sprint or Unlocked iPhone with Virgin Mobile?

Can I use a used Sprint or unlocked iPhone with Virgin Mobile? What about when the iPhone 5 comes out in the next few weeks, can that be used on Virgin Mobile? Thanks.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DemBums View Post
    Can I use a used Sprint or unlocked iPhone with Virgin Mobile? What about when the iPhone 5 comes out in the next few weeks, can that be used on Virgin Mobile? Thanks.
    no it has to virgin mobile phone. iphone 5 is not coming to virgin in near future. maybe around april 2013 since new iphone will support LTE and virgin doesn't want to give LTE to its prepaid side. you have to buy the 4s, 4 or other android phones. If you want to use unlocked phones jump ship to t mobile since it has the 30 dollar a month plan which give 5 gb internet and 100 min talk and unlimited text. T mobile's 4g gets around 20 mbps while virgin's 4g gets around 4 mbps if you get the evo v. I get 200 kbps on my virgin mobile 3g phone.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately nope, only Virgin Mobile iPhones can be used.

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, HTC_One_(M8)_WP, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, VZW_PrePaid, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    no it has to virgin mobile phone.

iphone 5 is not coming to virgin in near future. maybe around april 2013 since new iphone will support LTE and virgin doesn't want to give LTE to its prepaid side. ....
    Any sources for that iPhone 5 info?
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Any sources for that iPhone 5 info?
    No, just my guess because they just introduced the iphone 4s in may 2012 and means they definitely won't release the new phone with in 4 months. Besides, it will support LTE. No sources though.

Feedback Score
    no it has to virgin mobile phone. iphone 5 is not coming to virgin in near future. maybe around april 2013 since new iphone will support LTE and virgin doesn't want to give LTE to its prepaid side. you have to buy the 4s, 4 or other android phones. If you want to use unlocked phones jump ship to t mobile since it has the 30 dollar a month plan which give 5 gb internet and 100 min talk and unlimited text. T mobile's 4g gets around 20 mbps while virgin's 4g gets around 4 mbps if you get the evo v. I get 200 kbps on my virgin mobile 3g phone.
    Do you get 3g data if you put a unlocked att iphone on t mobile ?
    I read that your stuck on 2g ,but I never really looked into it, my son has a iphone his uncle gave him that he wants to use

On my evo I pull between 10-14 Mbps lowest I think was 8Mbps, its the only reason I stuck with vm
    And the 3g is actually much improved ,my sons using my optimus v and getting around 1Mbps

Phone
    iPhone 6 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No, just my guess because they just introduced the iphone 4s in may 2012 and means they definitely won't release the new phone with in 4 months. Besides, it will support LTE. No sources though.
    It's a fair guess.

Phones
    LG Volt
    LG Volt
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why do people want lte again? there is far far less lte coverage then wiimax and phones generally tend not to support both.

Feedback Score
    Because it's a) the supreme form of 4 g. b) they've been brainwashed into thinking its the supreme form of 4g...

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Because it's a) the supreme form of 4 g. b) they've been brainwashed into thinking its the supreme form of 4g...
    "b) they've been brainwashed into thinking its the supreme form of 4g..."
    And they continue...

Quote Originally Posted by DemBums View Post
    No, Sprint requires you that you use a Virgin Mobile iPhone.
    When the iPhone 5 debuts there is a good probability that it will be available to Virgin Mobile.
    Expect pricing to match that of the Unlocked GSM versions.
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...hone/iphone4s#
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...iphone/iphone4

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    And they continue...

No, Sprint requires you that you use a Virgin Mobile iPhone.
    When the iPhone 5 debuts there is a good probability that it will be available to Virgin Mobile.
    Expect pricing to match that of the Unlocked GSM versions.
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...hone/iphone4s#
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...iphone/iphone4
    How is there a good probability ?New iPhone will support LTE and sprint definitely doesn't want to give LTE to prepaid in near future and, the iphone 4s was released 4 months ago on virgin. If they do decide to introduce new iphone on virgin mobile, it will come maybe in Q2 2013. I am more excited for the ZTE phone with mozilla OS if it ever comes to virgin. It is coming to sprint though.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Mozil...andset_id34202

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    ...New iPhone will support LTE and sprint definitely doesn't want to give LTE to prepaid in near future and, the iphone 4s was released 4 months ago on virgin. ...[/url]
    Wow, interesting another guess, or is there a source Regarding the prepaid LTE ...

Re: "How is there a good probability ?"
    If, as everyone like to assume, Apple is the demanding company with strict protocols (with respect to their brand and products), what would make you think they would delay the availability of any of their products on any carrier? It's obvious some carriers do not have the product for whatever reason, but the carriers that do sell the iPhone, sell the complete Network Compatible Product Line. In the case of Virgin Mobile USA, if Apple or Sprint intended to somehow "Limit" the availability of any iPhone, they would have started to sell only the iPhone 4 and then "Delayed" the availability of the 4S until the iPhone 5 was introduced. That did not occur. Instead Sprint provides the Virgin Mobile CDMA iPhone 4 and 4S at Unlocked GSM prices. Unlocked GSM iPhones are always available for consumers to purchase at the time each version/generation is launched. The same can be expected of Virgin Mobile's CDMA iPhones since there is no subsidy attached and Virgin Mobile subscribers are paying Retail prices for the devices.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Wow, interesting another guess, or is there a source Regarding the prepaid LTE ...

Re: "How is there a good probability ?"
    If, as everyone like to assume, Apple is the demanding company with strict protocols (with respect to their brand and products), what would make you think they would delay the availability of any of their products on any carrier? It's obvious some carriers do not have the product for whatever reason, but the carriers that do sell the iPhone, sell the complete Network Compatible Product Line. In the case of Virgin Mobile USA, if Apple or Sprint intended to somehow "Limit" the availability of any iPhone, they would have started to sell only the iPhone 4 and then "Delayed" the availability of the 4S until the iPhone 5 was introduced. That did not occur. Instead Sprint provides the Virgin Mobile CDMA iPhone 4 and 4S at Unlocked GSM prices. Unlocked GSM iPhones are always available for consumers to purchase at the time each version/generation is launched. The same can be expected of Virgin Mobile's CDMA iPhones since there is no subsidy attached and Virgin Mobile subscribers are paying Retail prices for the devices.
    Do you understand the LTE part ? No way virgin mobile will give LTE to prepaid in near future for $35 dollars a month. Maybe they will make it available only with the $55 dollar plan. Then it won't be fair to the postpaid customers.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Do you understand the LTE part ? No way virgin mobile will give LTE to prepaid in near future for $35 dollars a month. Maybe they will make it available only with the $55 dollar plan. Then it won't be fair to the postpaid customers.
    Is that your opinion? Or do you have some insight into what the actual Sprint LTE plan is?
    please share a source. While I do agree with your opinion regarding the $35/mo service option. Virgin Mobile can simply introduce a new rate for LTE capable devices much like they did for the current iPhones with the $5 Discount when selecting the Auto Pay option. The current Beyond Talk rate plans have been available for quite some time now, Virgin Mobile has rarely maintained their monthly rate structure in place for as long as they have with the current Beyond Talk plans. They are overdue for a modification/introduction of new service plans and options. Perhaps the new service plans and options will include an LTE component that will satisfy your need to see a premium LTE rate/price structure.

Substantial service differences exist between PrePaid Virgin Mobile and Sprint Contract/Post-Paid service.
    How is the $55 Unlimited VM service "not fair ?" as you claim vs Sprint Post Paid?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Is that your opinion? Or do you have some insight into what the actual Sprint LTE plan is?
    please share a source. While I do agree with your opinion regarding the $35/mo service option. Virgin Mobile can simply introduce a new rate for LTE capable devices much like they did for the current iPhones with the $5 Discount when selecting the Auto Pay option. The current Beyond Talk rate plans have been available for quite some time now, Virgin Mobile has rarely maintained their monthly rate structure in place for as long as they have with the current Beyond Talk plans. They are overdue for a modification/introduction of new service plans and options. Perhaps the new service plans and options will include an LTE component that will satisfy your need to see a premium LTE rate/price structure.

Substantial service differences exist between PrePaid Virgin Mobile and Sprint Contract/Post-Paid service.
    How is the $55 Unlimited VM service "not fair ?" as you claim vs Sprint Post Paid?
    Its an opinion bro. If it wasn't I would obviously provide you a link. I don't have a need to see premium LTE rate/price. I am just a customer like you and would be happy if I could get LTE for $35 a month but lets be honest here. And for the last part, all sprint customers get more than prepaid customers is just the roaming and maybe a little more priority from the towers. My old HTC evo 4g gets around 200 kbps and so does my virgin mobile 3g phone. There is no 4g in my area. But the price difference is huge, even when comparing sprint's cheapest plan with data and virgin mobile's most expensive plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast