Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just switch to straight talk, slow data speeds, at&t motorola Atrix 4g.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Just switch to straight talk, slow data speeds, at&t motorola Atrix 4g.

I just switched over yesterday, I'm getting about 1.5 mbps down, and about 1 mbps up. At&t coverage map says I should get 4g. I'm using the default straight talk apn settings that came with my sim card. Help???

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That's a respectable speed, I would say be happy with it. Honestly it's gonna vary so much. Yesterday I was getting 5mb down and right now I'm getting like 150kb down.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I was seeing a lot of people getting speeds at least double that, so I thought maybe they knew something that I didn't...

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You could try removing the proxy and see if that bumps your speed up.

Feedback Score
    I thought ST doesn't offer 4G...anyways, you need to be careful with your data, and generally keep it below 100mb/day...I don't know why everyone expects 100% AT&T service from ST when it costs 60% less...be happy with what ya got.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Shawn, I don't expect it but I seen people with straight talk speeds way higher than mine, and I have used 20mb total so far... I've been doing everything on wi-fi mostly, only turned wifi off to run the speed test.

zmk I tried that, didn't do anything for me.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DomHadik View Post
    I just switched over yesterday, I'm getting about 1.5 mbps down, and about 1 mbps up. At&t coverage map says I should get 4g. I'm using the default straight talk apn settings that came with my sim card. Help???
    I have a pantech burst 4G LTE/HSDPA+ and sometimes I can pull up to 10Mbps down on 4G HSDPA+, since ST cant hop on the 4G LTE networks, and other days I can get around 2-3Mbps. Depends on network traffic and tower loads.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using HowardForums

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, a little while ago I got 5.5mbps, so I guess it fluctuates... and just to be clear I wasn't complaining about the service. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of what I'm paying for, and 1.5mbps seemed a little low compared to the numbers others were reporting.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I regularly get my speeds between 2mbps-5mbps on my Atrix 4g. (work is right next to a tower, home isn't, but it's got good signal so it fluctuates).

Also, they don't have real 4g, as in LTE, but they do let any of the HSPA+ phones work and utitlize the network for both Tmobile and ATT sims. So you can get speeds that approach LTE on download at least. The upload won't ever match it and latency will be worse, but latency will always suck since we go through a server in Chicago for any data.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, a little while ago I got 5.5mbps, so I guess it fluctuates... and just to be clear I wasn't complaining about the service. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of what I'm paying for, and 1.5mbps seemed a little low compared to the numbers others were reporting.
    It really depends on the tower and the area your in. I definitely can't pull the speeds in my sig on every tower and definitely not during the day.

Its a factor of signal strength, tower connectivity (how fast its connected to the internet), tower load (how many people on the tower), and the speedtest server.

There are areas of the US where you'll max out at 2-3mbps due to those towers backhauled by single or dual T1s.

Sent from my LG Nitro HD

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    It really depends on the tower and the area your in. I definitely can't pull the speeds in my sig on every tower and definitely not during the day.

Its a factor of signal strength, tower connectivity (how fast its connected to the internet), tower load (how many people on the tower), and the speedtest server.

There are areas of the US where you'll max out at 2-3mbps due to those towers backhauled by single or dual T1s.

Sent from my LG Nitro HD
    Yeah, it was actually your sig that made me think I wasn't getting the right speeds hahaha. Thanks for the info.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, it was actually your sig that made me think I wasn't getting the right speeds hahaha. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah I literally stood under a tower there with my laptop tethered to my phone at like 10 or 11PM.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    lol... that's kinda funny

Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I get about 6000-7000 kps average

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    depends on where you are located. In the parts of town where everybody has an iPhone, the cell tower load is a lot higher and my data connection slows down like you are saying. In other parts of town that are less populated, the network speed is more like 4-5mb/s.
    You won't be getting real 4G (LTE) on your Atrix4G despite the name. AT&T decided their 3G network was 4G over night and started calling it 4G the next day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast