Phones
    LG Dare vx9700
    LG env vx9900
    Motorola e815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Transfer upgrade

I have a Razr now thats on unlimited data with an upgrade but I don't want to upgrade because I don't want to lose my unlimited. I was planning to transfer my upgrade into another account with a smartphone that already has the data capped. Upgrade the phone and activate it on the other line and then later on activate on my line. Anybody know if this will work? Transfer my upgrade into another account? I am an account manager on both accounts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do you mean transfer the upgrade to another line on the account or another account as you stated. If youre doing it with another line already on your account, then you should be fine. You can not transfer an upgrade across accounts.

Hope that helps.
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jahciple View Post
    I have a Razr now thats on unlimited data with an upgrade but I don't want to upgrade because I don't want to lose my unlimited. I was planning to transfer my upgrade into another account with a smartphone that already has the data capped. Upgrade the phone and activate it on the other line and then later on activate on my line. Anybody know if this will work? Transfer my upgrade into another account? I am an account manager on both accounts.

I don't think anyone has ever tried this. I have considered it as a possible loophole. HOWEVER, when you transfer your line's upgrade, to another line, your line is the one that gets the contract extension. As such verizon will likely switch you to the tiered data plan after doing that. I was considering doing this with my sister before, using her upgrade before the unlimited data left, and then giving her mine for when the new iphone comes out. However I found out that if she uses my upgrade for her line, it still extends my contract, and would likely kick me off of unlimited data. I got an email from verizon saying I could keep unlimited even if I did that. However I don't trust it, because it would basically be an inifinite loophole to the ban on unlimited data upgrades.

Phones
    LG Dare vx9700
    LG env vx9900
    Motorola e815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthead007 View Post
    Do you mean transfer the upgrade to another line on the account or another account as you stated. If youre doing it with another line already on your account, then you should be fine. You can not transfer an upgrade across accounts.

Hope that helps.
    Transfer the upgrade to a different account.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Transfer the upgrade to a different account.

Not possible.

Phones
    IPhone 5
    Verizon/Motorola W755
    AT&T Blackberry Bold 9700 for work
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

No unfortunately this won't work. If the other line had an upgrade on it already, you do it, but you can't "transfer" upgrades across different accounts.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you take a subsidized upgrade starting a new contract on a line with unlimited data you have to give up unlimited data. It doesn't matter where you use the new phone after that.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You have account A with unlimited data and want to keep it, but have an upgrade available on account B? Then you want to use the upgrade from account B to get a subsidized phone to use for account A?

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit View Post
    You have account A with unlimited data and want to keep it, but have an upgrade available on account B? Then you want to use the upgrade from account B to get a subsidized phone to use for account A?
    I don't think you can transfer upgrades to different accounts. It appears only transfer to different lines on the same account. I have an upgrade on my line and want to transfer it to a basic phone also on my account. Use that upgrade on the basic phone to get the new iPhone and then transfer the new iPhone back to my unlimited line. Anyone know that's possible?

Phones
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Casio Ravine. retired
    iphone 5 verizon
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have a same question too. I have family plan with 5 lines.

Line #1 main. eligible for an upgrade on 05/23/13
    Line #4 .eligible for an upgrade.

lets say I transfer upgrade line #4 to line #1, and order a new phone.

so.
    line#1 can upgrade phone on 05/2014
    line #4 can upgrade on 05/23/13

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well you can't do alternate upgrades across different accounts, but there's nothing stopping you from doing an ESN swap after the upgrade is complete.

Phones
    Bag phone
    Iphone 4S
    Droid
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit View Post
    Well you can't do alternate upgrades across different accounts, but there's nothing stopping you from doing an ESN swap after the upgrade is complete.
    since it's a 4G device an ESN swap isn't even needed
    If you are a weather weenie check out
    http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto94536 View Post
    I have a same question too. I have family plan with 5 lines.

Line #1 main. eligible for an upgrade on 05/23/13
    Line #4 .eligible for an upgrade.

lets say I transfer upgrade line #4 to line #1, and order a new phone.

so.
    line#1 can upgrade phone on 05/2014
    line #4 can upgrade on 05/23/13
    The upgrade eligiblity date is caculated from the date you apply the upgrade and not from the date of the original upgrade. So if you upgraded a line today, the new upgrade countdown would begin from today. Since line 1 did not use its upgrade, it would be still eligible on the same date in 2013. Line 4's upgrade countdown would begin from today. It does not matter which line uses the telephone, the upgrade eligibilty of the line not upgraded would not change. You are transferring the upgraded telephone to another line and not the upgrade eligibility.

Line 4 would get the short end of the stick because it would have its new upgrade eligibility pushed into the future without getting a new telephone. There is no assurance except your word now that you will not use your real upgrade for yourself next year.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    LG Dare vx9700
    LG env vx9900
    Motorola e815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What if I upgrade my line that has unlimited and activate in on another line in a different account that doesn't have unlimited and it's a 3G phone, will I still lose my unlimited?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What if I upgrade my line that has unlimited and activate in on another line in a different account that doesn't have unlimited and it's a 3G phone, will I still lose my unlimited?

If you upgrade your line with unlimited data, it doesn't matter where the phone ends up being used. You will be forced to give up unlimited.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast