Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon phone service suspended, Can I still transfer my phone number

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Verizon phone service suspended, Can I still transfer my phone number

My account is past due and I want to milk verizon for what it's worth to the point of services suspension then transfer out. My question is can I still transfer my phone number afterward, or can I only transfer it while the account is active and good standing. I thought this question would have already been answered in the forum so I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything
    i live in a van.. down by the river

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't you want to just leave a clean slate anyway to be sure your credit is not impacted??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htrony View Post
    ..., or can I only transfer it while the account is active and good standing.
    That's the answer. As with any company, you account needs to be in good standing.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Of course! I plan on eventually paying Verizon, but just not now. Plus you can pay a significantly less amount when dealing with the collection company. The reason for transferring is obvious, very poor service in my area, thought the problem would fix itself, has not.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    You can still port your number if your account is past due. However, you number does need to be active.

Feedback Score
    Good luck dealing with the collection company! In order to keep the delinquency off your credit report, you would need to negotiate a "pay for delete" in which case you may not be able to get a reduced settlement. Keep in mind if you do take the reduced amount, the fact that your account was suspended and referred to a collection agency will stay on your credit report for 7 years.

The only way to port your number is to do it before your line is suspended. Once you port, your account will be cancelled and it will trigger an ETF if you are still under contract. At this point you could try not paying but then they will call you 3 times a day at home, at work and they might even call relatives looking for you. Planning to hold off payment and pay a collection agency never works well, they might even sue you for the full amount without offering a settlement.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Additionally, if you settle with a collection agency for less than the amount due, a debt repurchaser can buy the uncollected balance and go after you again. Although the Statue of Limitations may have expired, most states require you to invoke that defense during your answer to a lawsuit instituted by the debt repurchaser. Otherwise a default judgement could be won by the debt repurchaser. Judgements may remain on your credit report for up to twenty years in some states.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And these guys are all telling you the facts - don't play around when it comes to your credit rating - it WILL come back and bite you in the @ss...especially when you may really need that credit and you are turned down because of these types of bad decisions. These days financial institutions are very careful who they are willing to lend to...Just like a criminal record follows you around and has consequences (I.e. noone will hire you), so does your credit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    First of all. This person is asking a simple question. This person seems fully aware of their OWN situation. So either answer the question asked , OR STOP WASTING SPACE. And give this person a damn break. They live on a van for Christ sakes.

Feedback Score
    First of all. This person is asking a simple question. This person seems fully aware of their OWN situation. So either answer the question asked , OR STOP WASTING SPACE. And give this person a damn break. They live on a van for Christ sakes.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon phone service suspended, Can I still transfer my phone number

I've seen people port past due all the time. If the number is not active that's prob a different story though. When porting is initiated they make sure the line is still active. Last time I ported a number they called it to make sure.
    Running too many phones

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    I've seen people port past due all the time. If the number is not active that's prob a different story though. When porting is initiated they make sure the line is still active. Last time I ported a number they called it to make sure.
    Is a suspended account, also still active?

Feedback Score
    Whatever the OP is going to do is already done. This thread is over six months old.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelee29 View Post
    And, you joined the forum today just to reprimand folks for calling a deadbeat to task? What the OP doesn't pay, the rest of us will.

Phones
    LTE Ipad w/Skype
    Globalstar GSP 1600
    Iphone 5s
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelee29 View Post
    Must have a nice view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast