Thread: Looking for Droid 3 replacement

Feedback Score

Looking for Droid 3 replacement

My droid 3 is starting to malfunction to the point where it is almost unusable. My last 4 phones (all the way back to the enV) have physical keyboards and I feel that I really need to stay with the keyboard for ease of use (no matter what anyone says a physical keyboard is MUCH better than a virtual one).

I am considering an "upgrade" to the droid 4 but I'm not sure if the small differences warrant the price. A tiny bit faster processor and a tiny bit bigger screen?? Any thoughts on the droid 4?

I am also open to other phones but I'm so out of the loop with phones I'm not sure what is good or bad in the market. Please help!! Thanks guys and girls!

Device(s)
    Now: (2) Droid2G, Samsung Zeal|Past: Motorola VU30, e815, v276pp, v265, 120c, MicroTAC; Samsung
    Carrier(s)
    Airtouch ;)
    Feedback Score
    It also has a tiny bit of 4G...
    Tom

"Fundamentally, there are only two ways of coordinating the economic activities of millions. One is central direction involving the use of coercion - the technique of the army and of the modern totalitarian state. The other is voluntary cooperation of individuals - the technique of the marketplace."
    -- Milton Friedman

Feedback Score
    As someone who has owned all four Droids (and a Samsung Glyde before that), I'm obviously heavily biased toward physical keyboards. That said, if I was currently looking for something to replace my Droid 3 (which I still have), I'd take advantage of Motorola's offer of $100 for any phone that won't get upgraded to Jellybean. (When I checked on the trade-in value of the Droid 3--when I bought my Droid 4 to lock in unlimited LTE--VZW was only offering $80.)

OTOH, as I posted in the Droid 4 thread, standby battery life has increased significantly. So if you can get a good deal on a D4, I guess there's that.

Only other phone I can think of off the top of my head is a Samsung Stratosphere - Mark

Feedback Score
    I've done a ton of reading on this site the last day now, and it seems like the Galaxy SIII is the "best" phone on the market? It seems pretty awesome from some of the reviews and I love the huge screen. I just don't know if I could part with the physical keyboard. PLUS everyone I talk to just tells me to wait for the new iPhone