Nokia N8
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

The New Plantronics Voyager Legend

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    i think i see a physical slider on-off switch!!
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Phones
    Nokia N82
    Nokia 6133
    Nokia N8
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Weird, looks like that link has been taken off the site. Maybe we spoiled the surprise or something?

Phones
    Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Moto Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Not bad. I was hoping they would have gotten rid of the over the ear bulky design (major hindrance when wearing glasses or shades).
    :/
    :Add sig here:

Feedback Score
    Taking the plunge. Would like to replace my blueparrot expressway, but doubt this will have the same level of noise cancellation. Wind noise test by pcmag sounded iffy, but then the reviewer said the jawbone era is good for wind and mine was awful until I put acoustic foam over the mic. Hoping this is better.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The only thing that really works across all models for wind noise reduction is a foam windscreen, so why all of these companies don't just incorporate that into their designs is a bit puzzling. It doesn't have to be a big sleeve of foam, just a layer over any openings for mics. Very effective, inexpensive, and time proven. I think they must be worried about styling or something like that. Really dumb.

Feedback Score
    whacker I completely agree. I have the acoustic foam screen on the Blueparrot and works great. I will say the foam breaks down over time with a lot of in and out of pockets/bags. Other than that why they don't put it right over the mic just under the case of the headset.

I have made this recommendation to Jawbone 3-4x with no answer back.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    True, it does deteriorate, both from being a soft material as well as breakdown with contact from your skin or breath. I could see why it isn't something that's built-in as a layer under the outer case layer (no way to replace when shot). But they could make exterior removable ones, as many here have experimented and found out; adapted various types from pro audio and even cheap ones from mics you might find at big-box stores.

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Got one on order as well.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus Tuna
    Nexus 7
    Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    'The Death Star' aka at&t
    Feedback Score
    My 2 star review at amazon: Unimpressive - Sadly

With all the great reviews about the much improved design over the previous voyagers (which are still in my drawer, unfortunately) I decided to give this one a try.
    As others have mentioned the proprietary charging connector in a time where everyone else has gone MicroUSB is a major design letdown. But I was willing to give it a pass mark, *if* all else would perform as advertized.

Sadly however, the earphone volume level is low with three headsets I tried pairing it (GSM Gnexus, Droid 4 and Gallaxy III). The plantronics 'Find my headset' app kept FC'ing on the GNex as well. Sound was crackling even at 3 feet away, though the callers were registering clear conversation on the other end.

YMMV, of course but for yours truly (with over 75 headsets purchased in the last 10 years) it's back to the loud, large speaker of the Jabra Supreme (and no, this is not a plug - this has its' drawbacks too).

Got it in today and was just shipped back the way it came

Unfortunately the negative points were far too many compared to the pluses

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Nooo

Low in-ear volume is a deal breaker. The Voyager HD was louder than it's predecessors, but to go backwards on that? Not good.

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Just unboxed my Plantronics Voyager Legend.

I like how it looks. Wow, the charging cord is kinda short.

Nice to see thicker, grippier "silicone" like ear gels vs. the older HD.

I love the snap-on, snap-off power slider. Finally!

I do NOT like the sliding volume switch. Mine stuck in the UP position. After forcing it down, it still feels like something is gummed up, like someone spilled a soda inside at the factory.

And from a user-interface perspective, this is also dumb. In a blind feel, the volume toggle feels exactly like the power switch. I liked the Plantronics Voyager HD's two-button scheme better.

On the iPhone 4S (ios 6) pressing the volume toggle does nothing to the volume unless the audio is connected (streaming or in a call). Therefore, you're not actually changing earpiece volume unless you're actively doing something.

Because of my OCD, the sticky volume slider is enough for me to send it back. I think I have better ways to spend $99.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So to provide the other side of the coin in terms of experience, I am really liking mine so far (had it for 2 days). I've used all of them and my most recent headset is the Bose Series 2. I didn't experience the switch sticking issues above. I am in sales so the fact that I don't have to charge in the middle of the day is quite refreshing (had to charge the Bose by 1 or 2pm every day). I'm prob on the phone about 3-4 hours each day and I listen to music sometimes when I am walking around/in transit. The fit is comfortable for me. I've had no complaints about noise cancellation while walking around outside on a busy street, but it wasn't too windy.

I do agree that it was a totally idiotic move to make a short *** proprietary charging cable. But I plan on getting the carrying case and I think that has micro-usb for the reserve batt. I guess they figured it can be an upsell for those who are power users....

But yea, I am quite pleased with mine.

Not having to worry about batt life during the workday is big plus for me. (Same reason I own a Razr Maxx)

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Glad it's working out for you!

Feedback Score
    Being willing to try any promising new BT, I also have had the Legend for a couple of days.

Overall, I like it. The Noise Reduction comparison between the Jawbone Era, Samsung HM7000, and the Plantronics Legend is getting to be too close to call. I believe the Legend has the most sensitive mic, or maybe just higher gain, but it seems to pick up my voice louder than the others. Its NR is better than the Bose, but again its very close and I haven't found the situations where one is better than the other. Incoming sound is good and volume is good, with a couple of steps of gain above what the headset shows as max. Haven't tested range yet, but the Bose is the king of the others.

Ergonomically, I like the layout. It fits well and is smaller than the previous Voyagers.

The magnetic power adapter is a mixed bag. It works very well and it is a pain trying to feed a mircoUSB into the other headsets I own. The downside for me is another cord to travel with. The sensor capabilities work well and the address book integration also works well.

At $99, its a good headset, but with 2-3 others that are basically the equivalent, only my addiction to BT headsets has me leaning toward keeping it. As Scion mentioned, the one nice thing over my Bose 2 daily headset is battery life. I also have to recharge to Bose once a day, but I use my mobile as my main office phone.

Quote Originally Posted by scion676 View Post
    So to provide the other side of the coin in terms of experience, I am really liking mine so far (had it for 2 days). I've used all of them and my most recent headset is the Bose Series 2. I didn't experience the switch sticking issues above. I am in sales so the fact that I don't have to charge in the middle of the day is quite refreshing (had to charge the Bose by 1 or 2pm every day). I'm prob on the phone about 3-4 hours each day and I listen to music sometimes when I am walking around/in transit. The fit is comfortable for me. I've had no complaints about noise cancellation while walking around outside on a busy street, but it wasn't too windy.

I do agree that it was a totally idiotic move to make a short *** proprietary charging cable. But I plan on getting the carrying case and I think that has micro-usb for the reserve batt. I guess they figured it can be an upsell for those who are power users....

But yea, I am quite pleased with mine.

Not having to worry about batt life during the workday is big plus for me. (Same reason I own a Razr Maxx)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast