Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about call forwarding

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    If I set call forwarding from my Mobilicity phone (phone #1) to another cellphone (phone #2) that has the same area code, but phone #2 is currently roaming in the U.S., are there any additional charges to phone #1?

Real-life scenario: my Mobi phone is for personal use, phone #2 is my work phone. I have a roaming pack on phone #2, so I'd like all of my personal calls forwarded to phone #2 while I'm travelling.

Feedback Score
    ^If call forwarding is included in your Plan, Why would there be any additional charges on phone 1. You are call forwarding it to a local number.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^If call forwarding is included in your Plan, Why would there be any additional charges on phone 1. You are call forwarding it to a local number.
    I was just wondering if there was anything special about the fact that it was forwarding it to a phone that was roaming.

No harm in that, right?

Better to ask, than to be surprised.

Feedback Score
    ^Again you are Call Forwarding to a local number. It doesn't matter where the other Phone # 2 is.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    ^Again you are Call Forwarding to a local number. It doesn't matter where the other Phone # 2 is.
    Yes, I believe you said that already.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Why are you two arguing over a 4 year old post?
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Why are you two arguing over a 4 year old post?
    We're not. We're arguing over the new (but related) question that I tacked onto the end of this two year old post.

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not quite. Providers view this as chargeable. You are routing call from Roaming back to Canada, which makes this a long distance Roaming call. All of them do this, and always have, cept for share everything type accounts.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grca View Post
    Not quite. Providers view this as chargeable. You are routing call from Roaming back to Canada, which makes this a long distance Roaming call. All of them do this, and always have, cept for share everything type accounts.
    You are not correct. He is forwarding to a local number and if forwarding is included (or just uses minutes, which is unlimited),it should be free.
    It's not his responsibility to know where other phone is roaming. If you call someone who is in Africa but with Canadian number, how do you know where they are?
    It's always whoever roams responsible for the charges

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    You are not correct. He is forwarding to a local number and if forwarding is included (or just uses minutes, which is unlimited),it should be free.
    It's not his responsibility to know where other phone is roaming. If you call someone who is in Africa but with Canadian number, how do you know where they are?
    It's always whoever roams responsible for the charges

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app
    I sincerely hope you don't find out the hard way.

But let me explain. When you are in another country, for example states, your phone rings, you ignore it, or decline the call. Your phone forwards it back to your Canadian number (voicemail or whatever local number). Providers interpret this as though you answered the call, and are now routing Canada - states - Canada, with all charges this entails. Only if your phone forwards as a result of 'not available' (phone turned off, or in airplane mode), does it not acrue charges.
    I agree with you, they really should not charge for this if they had decency... Alas...

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    I sincerely hope you don't find out the hard way.

But let me explain. When you are in another country, for example states, your phone rings, you ignore it, or decline the call. Your phone forwards it back to your Canadian number (voicemail or whatever local number). Providers interpret this as though you answered the call, and are now routing Canada - states - Canada, with all charges this entails. Only if your phone forwards as a result of 'not available' (phone turned off, or in airplane mode), does it not acrue charges.
    I agree with you, they really should not charge for this if they had decency... Alas...

Please, read original post carefully. You have not understood the original question:

"If I set call forwarding from my Mobilicity phone (phone #1) to another cellphone (phone #2) that has the same area code, but phone #2 is currently roaming in the U.S., are there any additional charges to phone #1?

Real-life scenario: my Mobi phone is for personal use, phone #2 is my work phone. I have a roaming pack on phone #2, so I'd like all of my personal calls forwarded to phone #2 while I'm travelling."

His phone which forwards the call stayed in Canada(mobi), therefore it will not be any extra charges. He forwards it to the phone which is in roaming, but has local Canadian number. So the second phone will pay all the charges, not the one which is forwarding the call from Canada

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Please, read original post carefully. You have not understood the original question:

"If I set call forwarding from my Mobilicity phone (phone #1) to another cellphone (phone #2) that has the same area code, but phone #2 is currently roaming in the U.S., are there any additional charges to phone #1?

Real-life scenario: my Mobi phone is for personal use, phone #2 is my work phone. I have a roaming pack on phone #2, so I'd like all of my personal calls forwarded to phone #2 while I'm travelling."

His phone which forwards the call stayed in Canada(mobi), therefore it will not be any extra charges. He forwards it to the phone which is in roaming, but has local Canadian number. So the second phone will pay all the charges, not the one which is forwarding the call from Canada
    Apologies. Obviously misunderstood. For some reason I thought of scenario where the op carries phone one in USA, and forwards calls to another that stays in Canada, hoping to avoid charges.
    A bit of dislecsic reading on my part.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Apologies. Obviously misunderstood. For some reason I thought of scenario where the op carries phone one in USA, and forwards calls to another that stays in Canada, hoping to avoid charges.
    A bit of dislecsic reading on my part.

No worries

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2