Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907 Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907 Release Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the Motorola DROID RAZR M.

Verizon order page:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5947

John's review:
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Mo...-Review_id3121

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Not too impressed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've heard, it's not bad for $100. Still can't compare to the RAZR HD (or Maxx HD) and the SGS III.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    it looks nice from the review:

is this a good mediocre phone? My wife's is available for upgrade, she currently has the Moto Citrus. This phone upgrade should be like going from a riding a bike to a driving car. I see its only available online, why wont VZW have it in the store to take a better look and feel?

Thanks for any input!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have been carrying the Razr M for 24 hours now and am 100% satisfied with it.

I have used Droid 2 and 3 phones over the past few years and deployed a bunch of other Android phones for staff members. This is my 1st Android 4 / ICS phone plus Moto has added their unique interface features so it took a little experimenting to get proficient with the UI. But overall this is a great little phone - perfect size for my taste. I'm not a fan of lugging the 4.7" and larger phones so I think the 4.3 edge-edge is a great compromise of screen real estate and convenience.

It's really too soon to make a battery life statement, but so far it is looking REAL good.
    The screen resolution, while not the #1 top in the business is none the less stunningly beautiful!

It seems like reception is slightly lower than my prior phones. It will be interesting to see if others loose a bar.... But I live in a 3G only area that is slated for 4G soon and I am starting to wonder if my local tower is somehow running at a reduced capacity while they ready it for LTE - I have no idea how this works and this may just be my imagination :-)

I have not played with the cameras much yet, but I could care less as this device is a phone and Email device with a camera, not a camera that makes calls.

I recommend this phone and would buy it again. It was a BARGAIN at $49 bucks (I know - plus the stupid $30 "upgrade fee"...).

Device(s)
    CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I too got mine 2 days ago. I upgraded from a droid2 global and this is a perfect fit.

I paint houses for a living and have my phones in a side thigh pocket, the 4.7 in screen phones wont fit and seem too frail. I love the camera on the razr M.

Only thing I can't get working is the DLNA to my LG 3D TV, but I'm working on it.
    Click HERE: to do nothing

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow, dead in here!

There is now a Jelly Bean leak for the Razr M. But after installing it, there no current way to revert back to stock ICS.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Jelly...RAZR-M_id35499

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The full XML zip for the release stock build dropped last night so it is now safe to try the JB leaked build and have a way to revert to stock.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh...and new root exploit was released today that works on all the new Motorola devices...things should pick up a bit now!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I'm in Canada. I have purchased the Motorola Pro from Verizon and it worked fine on the Rogers network up here. I like the RAZR M's size. Would I have any issues with the RAZR M working on the Rogers
    3G network? Rogers uses the 850mhz band. I know LTE won't work because the bands are different.

Thanks.

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!

My HOFO Feedbacks

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ht=wirelessgal

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Anyone? Okay, if you were to travel to Canada, would your RAZR M work here on the HSPA network? Rogers has the same frequencies as AT&T.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is an Australian version of the the M, the XT905, and it has just be proven tonight that the AU NON-HLOS.bin(radio image) from that firmware can be flashed to the VZW XT907 and allow full GSM/HSPA service on US carriers.

I have tested it myself with my T-Mobile SIM(EDGE only due to AWS HSPA deployment on T-Mobile) and my partner has tested it on ATT.

We both have Dev edition Razr M models but he flashed it on an unrooted and bootloader locked device and it worked, so it should work on stock locked bootloader devices as well.

The procedure is very simple and no other modifications to NVM or build.prop etc. besides flashing the AU radio image with fastboot are required for full GSM service.

Feedback Score
    Hello,

Is there is some information on how to do that?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Update: It works but can only get 2g service. We are trying to figure out why the radio doesn't connect to other bands despite being fully compatible and configured in the NVM.

There are several modem options available now but all exhibit the same issues.

I dont recommend it yet for regular use.

Feedback Score
    I flashed this phone to T-Mobile. The internet is not working. Does anyone know of the APN settings for this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast