Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S II now on Straight Talk.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    If that is a deal breaker, then look into the $299 T-Mobile SII. It's much better than the AT&T/Straight Talk SII.

• larger screen - 4.52" vs 4.3" (still SD 480p rez)
    • faster CPU - 1.5GHz vs 1.2 GHz (some of the speed tests you find on the internet are really the T-Mobile SII)
    • quad band -- unlocked (which is easy) will carry both AT&T and T-Mobile HSPA+

You can buy it at Wal-mart for $299 + $30 useless $30 pre-paid T-Mobile card. Still, at $329, a BETTER deal than the $349 ST-branded SII. you can unlock it (easy unlock process), and take it to ANY AT&T or T-Mobile MNVO.

SGH-T989
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-P...-Card/21631986
    Great info, Thanks.
    So to unlock it, just take it to a T-Mobile store to get that done, then put in my current ST AT&T compatible sim and I should be good to go, right?
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on the $60 GoPhone Plan
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on the $45 GoPhone Plan

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    Great info, Thanks.
    So to unlock it, just take it to a T-Mobile store to get that done, then put in my current ST AT&T compatible sim and I should be good to go, right?
    http://www.gsmarena.com and check the specs. T-Mobile devices to AT&T MVNO might not be able to access T-MO's HSPA+ unless the modem is flashed. You might be better off spending $15.00 for T-MO's sim if you have their coverage.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

TOTALLY FALSE. I hate people who post lies.

Go check the specs. ST is getting the AT&T SII which is listed as 1.2GHz, and while the Galaxy Nexus is also 1.2GHz, it's a a better, faster chip[/B]. So, it sort of the OPPOSITE of what you said.

TO REPEAT: The SII's CPU is not faster than the Nexus, much less "twice as fast". What rubbish. Galaxy Nexus is FASTER -- especially on 4.1 Jelly Bean.

Oh, here's a speed test with both the SII and Nexus running 4.0 ICS. (Remem, the ST SII will come with 2.3 while the Nexus now has 4.1.)

ST is releasing the SII with Android 2.3, not ICS. Also listed in the specs. There's no guarantee if or when ST SII will get 4.0 ICS. The Nexus has 4.1 Jelly Bean NOW.

________

Plus the Nexus has a larger screen, and is HD resolution (720p) while the SII is not. There's really no comparison.

Now, the T-Mobile version of the SII has a faster CPU @ 1.5GHz. But ST is getting the AT&T version.
    And you are definitely WRONG. The Galaxy Nexus is a faster than the AT&T SII, even with both running 4.0 ICS. They both have 1.2 GHz CPUs, but different types of chips. (I actually have my Nexus overclocked to 1.5GHz and will go up to 1.8GHz, but that's a different discussion...)

However, the ST SII will come with 2.3 Gingerbread. while the Nexus now comes with 4.1 Jelly Bean.

Plus, the Nexus has larger screen (4.65" vs SII 4.3"), and HD resolution (720p vs SII 480p).

The T-Mobile version of the SII has a faster CPU (1.5 GHz) and a larger screen (4.52"). But, ST is getting the AT&T version. If you can get the T-Mobile version, while it's still SD 480p resolution, the other advantages start making it more of a horse race: faster CPU, larger screen, better camera, and unlocked it will take both AT&T and T-Mobile HSPA+...

Especially if you can get the T-Mobile version for LESS than $350, unlock it and stick in your choice of Straight Talk sim card.
    Now now, let's remain civil. There's no need for name calling.

1. Do you know how to read?

IN THE VIDEO SCREENSHOT YOU POSTED, THE GALAXY S II SCORED 3942, AND THE GALAXY NEXUS SCORED 1997!!!!

STOP BEING IGNORANT AND READ BEFORE YOU POST!!!

Here's a link to the video so you can actually watch it this time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLDN1SlPJTs
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Stop flaming and name calling. You are absolutely incorrect. Watch your own video evidence before you post it.

Last edited by Mr.Mischief; 09-24-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mischief View Post
    Stop flaming and name calling. You are absolutely incorrect. Watch your own video evidence before you post it.

It seems to me that the phone ST is selling is the AT&T Version Samsung Galaxy SII 777 and the one on youtube is a Samsung I9100G Galaxy SII. It don't really matter which phone comes the gate first. Everybody has their own preference.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    It seems to me that the phone ST is selling is the AT&T Version Samsung Galaxy SII 777 and the one on youtube is a Samsung I9100G Galaxy SII. It don't really matter which phone comes the gate first. Everybody has their own preference.
    The AT&T S II and the international S II have the same specs. Exactly the same.

Sent from my M030 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

S2 from wal mart

Sorry if this sounds like such a newbie question:
    If I buy the S2 at walmart (and currently have straight talk on an iphone4); will my data speeds improve? I am fairly sure I am just getting edge speeds with the iphone right?
    Wondering if the s2 will jump onto a faster network.
    Using the nokia sim card in my iphone by the way.
    Thanks,

If that is a deal breaker, then look into the $299 T-Mobile SII. It's much better than the AT&T/Straight Talk SII.

• faster CPU - 1.5GHz vs 1.2 GHz (some of the speed tests you find on the internet are really the T-Mobile SII)

You can buy it at Wal-mart for $299 + $30 useless $30 pre-paid T-Mobile card. Still, at $329, a BETTER deal than the $349 ST-branded SII. you can unlock it (easy unlock process), and take it to ANY AT&T or T-Mobile MNVO.

SGH-T989

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk(AT&T Sim)
    Feedback Score
    If AT&T has 3G in your area, you should be getting that with the iPhone 4 and the nokia sim.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Jackson View Post
    If AT&T has 3G in your area, you should be getting that with the iPhone 4 and the nokia sim.
    The Nokia sim is no longer necessary. Straight Talk sells sim cards now.

Sent from my M030 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk(AT&T Sim)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I know that. I myself have one of Straight Talk's BYOD AT&T sims.

I was responding to the poster above me, who is using an iPhone 4 and a nokia sim swap, but only getting edge.

Feedback Score

SGH-T989
    do you know for sure that unlocking the t-mobile galaxy s II i will get both hspa+ on at&t and t-mobile? i saw on other forum that t-mobile galaxy sIII can do that too...
    what do you prefer..galaxy sII OR galaxy nexus?
    thanks for sharing this!

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 usando Tapatalk 2

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Mifi 4620L
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Price drop to $349.99

Feedback Score
    I bought the Galaxy Nexus +hspa , unlocked GSM, Jelly Bean 4.1.1, from the google store, $349.99. Love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 11fabe View Post
    do you know for sure that unlocking the t-mobile galaxy s II i will get both hspa+ on at&t and t-mobile? i saw on other forum that t-mobile galaxy sIII can do that too...
    what do you prefer..galaxy sII OR galaxy nexus?
    thanks for sharing this!

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 usando Tapatalk 2
    It will.

T-Mobile uses 1700MHz and 2100MHz for 3G and 4G.
    AT&T uses 850MHz and 1900MHz for 3G and 4G.

The T-Mobile Galaxy S II(and the S III) supports 850MHz / 1700MHz / 1900MHz / 2100MHz

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala..._t989-4129.php

Feedback Score

Post Just bought the ST galaxy 2 s.

No updating on Sansung Kies. Tried to connect but couldn't. I would like a G2 on ST with Ice cream cone. I can still take this one back. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast