Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 New Phones on Tracfone Activate Phones Page - LG440G, LG840G, Sam S275G, Sam S380C

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    I was going by the emoticon in ST Dog's response, that's all.
    Dang, that was directed to you.

Feedback Score
    I also do not see that page. I went to Browse all Phones and none of them show up. I entered a CDMA zip and the Sam 380 does not show up????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
    I also do not see that page. I went to Browse all Phones and none of them show up. I entered a CDMA zip and the Sam 380 does not show up????
    You went to the wrong page. It doesn't start with the Browse All Phones page, it starts at the Activate Phones page.

Go to the sticky and follow the directions step by step and you will get to that screen. Guaranteed.

Here is the link to the sticky. Start there.

http://www.howardforum.com/showthrea...eparate-Pages)

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thank you very much ST Dog and Annepani. I'm no longer a tracfone customer, but I still like to keep up-to-date with this carrier I know, grew up with, and have grown to love. Ever since they changed the site's format, I stopped checking up on new phones. Again, thank you to both of you.

Here's the direct link:
    https://www.tracfone.com/direct/cont...type=find_esn#
    edit: Apparently it can only be accessed if you've already visited the page.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy.Boy View Post
    ...... I'm no longer a tracfone customer, but I still like to keep up-to-date with this carrier I know, grew up with, and have grown to love.

Here's the direct link:
    https://www.tracfone.com/direct/cont...type=find_esn#
    edit: Apparently it can only be accessed if you've already visited the page.
    Pinoy.Boy,
    Even if you accessed the direct link previously, you won't be able to access it again directly depending on how much later you try, because there's a session cookie involved which expires after some period of time. So which carrier are you with now, and how do you like the service for the price you pay?

annepani,
    Thanks for the instructions and sticky.

All,
    I found this interesting site that sells phone/radio/etc belt clip hardware. I have not ordered anything from them before and don't need to anytime soon.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Thx for the help . I was able to get to that page. I wish there was some info on the phones. Thx. again.

Feedback Score
    and MY POINT IS, If TF wanted it to EASILY be MADE PUBLIC, they would have left it alone, so he did the right thing so as to NOT PO TF. TF is probably tired of ppl emailing them asking when the new phones will be available which is why they changed it in the first place. This is common sense. TF is most likely PO'd now that it's made public. Not EVERYBODY needs to know everything, hence the option to PM.
    WOW, trying to make an enemy with a nube right off the bat. A bad sign. Guess I'll be getting my answers elsewhere from now on.
    Sorry ST for any problems this has caused you. If it's not too inconvenient, I'll pm you if other ?'s arise from other website forums and thanx for your help.

Feedback Score
    I really doubt Tracfone cares if the whole world sees their upcoming phones on a page that anyone about to activate their Tracfone can see.

So can we just stop with the and which might be better conducted via PM if it must continue, have a , but not get , and get back to business as usual.

Feedback Score
    Credits to DoctorM from another phone forum for this directly clickable link showing these new phones. OMG, Tracfones secrets are all out now .......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    ... this directly clickable link showing these new phones. OMG, Tracfones secrets are all out now .......
    Remember that this link is just for Tracfone. Also go to the Net10 page for comparison. The two systems generally update their pages on the same day. Phones that show up on Net10 but not Tracfone are most likely not going to come to Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Remember that this link is just for Tracfone. Also go to the Net10 page for comparison. .......
    Good point. Here are both directly click-able:

Net 10 phones
    Tracfone phones

I don't know if Straight Talk has an equivalent page.

Feedback Score
    My Tracfone LG440G: I have had it for 2 months and, in general, it is an OK basic flip-phone. Three problems: 1) in the non-speaker phone mode, the maximum volume setting distorts the audio, terribly. 2) My home zip is in WA state and when I travel to CA state, sometimes my phone does not ring when someone is calling me either from WA or CA, rather I just get a voice mail notification. I have called Tracfone support several times about this issue and after hours on the phone with them, I still have the problem. The most recent theory provided by them is that the "roaming" feature of the phone needs to be re-set and that, they say, has to be done when one is out of one's home zip code/state. Next time I travel, I will call them to have this done. 3) Tracfone support says the only supported bluetooth function of this phone is that of "hands-free". They said I could not transfer files/photos/contact lists via bluetooth to other phones or computers. However, after changing settings on this/that on my computer, I can now successfully transfer files/photos/contact lists .vcf via bluetooth to my computer from my LG440G. I don't have much faith in Tracfone technical support. When calling them be prepared for long wait time and then an even longer conference--have something else to do while they are doing whatever they are doing. If if their fix does not fix it, keep calling them back. You should eventually be given their 866-806-1840 "manager level" contact number and a "reference PIN". I have found that call wait time using this info is significantly reduced and the quality of service is higher than the base level. But, I have had two managers give me the exact opposite advice so one must be patient if one wishes to remain with Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Your phone uses the GSM technology, which is for example AT&T and T-Mobile. Your phone has a sim card for one of these. That company is your primary carrier, and if there is zero signal, your phone should roam to the other carrier or at least another GSM carrier. The catch is that not all areas of the country have GSM, and may not even have CDMA, which is the other technology. Some Tracfones are CDMA, which is for example Verizon. GSM handsets and CDMA handsets are incompatible with each other's signals. The frequencies are different and the way they handle traffic is different. In rural areas, there tends to be a lack of GSM and a preference for CDMA. This is believed to be due to the way the signals travel over long distances, so they need fewer towers for CDMA, less cost to service far flung customers.

I think you are encountering areas of CA with no GSM. Your phone cannot ring if it is offline, so you are not answering and the call goes to VM.

You might consider getting a CDMA handset for travel purposes. A lot of Tracfone customers have both a GSM and CDMA handset to have the maximum chance of getting service.

There are no roaming adjustments to be made to a GSM handset. The situation is handled automatically according to the roaming contracts in place between Tracfone and local carriers. CDMA is slightly different, whereby a preferred roaming list is downloaded to the phone, but then the automatic part takes over during travel.

The next time you travel, look at your phone and see if it says no service. You might also want to make sure you have an AT&T sim, which usually gives you more of a chance for a signal.

Feedback Score
    I forgot to add that the regular CS is pretty much worthless. You should call at least 800-876-5753, try 800-626-4883, or else the headquarters at 305-715-6500.

Feedback Score
    Your reply is very informative. If it makes a difference, when I am traveling and in CA where I have this problem, I normally have at least 3 bars of reception and have always been able to make outgoing calls. If I understand your info correctly, what I need to find out from Tracfone is if, in the Palm Springs, CA area, Tracfone uses GSM technology. If they do, then do you think a new SIM card would help? Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast