Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprint iPhone to use nano sim

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesamg View Post
    The sim is for LTE isn't it? Its just locked though, unlike Verizon's iPhone 5(They were forced to because of the 700Mhz band for LTE agreement). There is only 2 iPhone 5. The CDMA A1429(Verizon and Sprint) model is the same as GSM A1429, but the software is different depending if you are on a CDMA or GSM carrier. A1428 is the AT&T only model, and it supports the AT&T bands for LTE. Technically CDMA/GSM A1429 is more global in LTE terms(that's if you can get it unlocked), because you can use those bands almost everywhere else, unless you're in Canada where you would use the AT&T model. But atleast they have built in 42mbps HSPA+.
    On Verizon at least, the SIM is for both LTE (USIM application) and CDMA (CSIM application) as well as global GSM/UMTS roaming (SIM/USIM).

The Verizon iPhone 5 comes factory unlocked to comply with Upper C block open access requirements (odd, since other phones are NOT unlocked for US SIM's - I'm glad to see the high profile of the iPhone makes Verizon do right!).

Device(s)
    HP Pre 3
    Carrier(s)
    O2 Deutschland
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    The Verizon iPhone 5 comes factory unlocked to comply with Upper C block open access requirements (odd, since other phones are NOT unlocked for US SIM's - I'm glad to see the high profile of the iPhone makes Verizon do right!).
    I don't get this.
    My understanding is that the open access requirement refers to the network side, meaning that the network has to accept every phone that can connect to it. Verizon can offer whatever phones it wants to its customers, both locked and unlocked, BUT if the customers manage to find a compatible device from another source then the company cannot deny them to use it on the network.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2