Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 152

Thread: The New Tracfone LG 840G is touchscreen with wi-fi

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ciliegia View Post
    How do you do this with UC Browser? I read your blog and saw what to do...however, I've already installed the browser...is there something I could do now? Or do I have to take it off and re-install?
    He was just giving you two options in case you are paranoid about using custom download links. If you want the modified no virtual keypad Opera mini browser without having to do the work yourself remove the one you have in your phone now and use the http://is.gd/mini71 link in your UC browser on your phone to download and install it. For the record this modified version is also signed.

    If you would rather download from the official Opera website and modify it yourself follow the instructions on http://blog.wapreview.com/16785/ .

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,130
    Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ciliegia View Post
    How do you do this with UC Browser? I read your blog and saw what to do...however, I've already installed the browser...is there something I could do now? Or do I have to take it off and re-install?
    Here's 8.7 modified to remove the virtual keypad http://is.gd/uc87lg2 More info on my blog at http://blog.wapreview.com/16898/

    I don't know about the LG 840G but with most phones you can install the modded versions over the original without deleting the old one first. When you do that you get prompt asking if you want to keep the old version's saved data. Say yes and your bookmarks, and in most cases saved passwords will be preserved,

    Also you can back up your bookmarks before installing the new version in Opera Mini using Settings > Opera Link. Then after updating log into Opera Link and you bookmarks will reappear. With UC Browser use App > Gallery > Online Bookmarks to back up your bookmarks before updating and restore them after.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West
    Posts
    125
    Phone
    s390g,iphone 4s
    Carrier
    Tracfone (att sim)(Verison)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR0018 View Post
    He was just giving you two options in case you are paranoid about using custom download links. If you want the modified no virtual keypad Opera mini browser without having to do the work yourself remove the one you have in your phone now and use the http://is.gd/mini71 link in your UC browser on your phone to download and install it. For the record this modified version is also signed.

    If you would rather download from the official Opera website and modify it yourself follow the instructions on http://blog.wapreview.com/16785/ .
    Has any one tried to download and install using wifi?Or do you need to use the phones internet?
    Thanks

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Here's 8.7 modified to remove the virtual keypad http://is.gd/uc87lg2 More info on my blog at http://blog.wapreview.com/16898/

    I don't know about the LG 840G but with most phones you can install the modded versions over the original without deleting the old one first. When you do that you get prompt asking if you want to keep the old version's saved data. Say yes and your bookmarks, and in most cases saved passwords will be preserved,

    Also you can back up your bookmarks before installing the new version in Opera Mini using Settings > Opera Link. Then after updating log into Opera Link and you bookmarks will reappear. With UC Browser use App > Gallery > Online Bookmarks to back up your bookmarks before updating and restore them after.

    I got Opera Mini to work with my Lg 840 following your earlier instructions. It was perfect...but, I'm having a terrible time with UCBrowser. I keep getting either the number pad keyboard or a keyboard that looks "qwerty" like but has all the buttons of the number pad...additionally, it blocks most of the screen. How do I just get the QWERTY board from UCBrowser from the site you mention ( http://is.gd/uc87lg2)

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,130
    Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ciliegia View Post
    I got Opera Mini to work with my Lg 840 following your earlier instructions. It was perfect...but, I'm having a terrible time with UCBrowser. I keep getting either the number pad keyboard or a keyboard that looks "qwerty" like but has all the buttons of the number pad...additionally, it blocks most of the screen. How do I just get the QWERTY board from UCBrowser from the site you mention ( http://is.gd/uc87lg2)
    The keyboard "that looks QWERTY like but has all the buttons of the number pad" sounds like the UC browser's own virtual T9 keyboard. You can turn it off by setting Virtual Keyboard" to "Never Use" in UC's Menu under Settings > Display. That should give you the LG 840G's normal keyboard as it appears in the built in browser. I don't have the phone so I don't know if the LG keyboard is QWERTY or T9.

    http://is.gd/uc87lg2 is a short link to the UC Browser 8.7 JAD file modified to remove the virtual key pad (arrow keys, OK button and soft keys) that appears in generic Java apps on the LG 840G. To install it go to http://is.gd/uc87lg2 with the phone's built in browser.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    keyboard gone, thanksssssssss

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone know of a program for your PC to manage the contacts on the LG 840g?
    Technology nut, that loves to get in way over my head just to see how things work.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
    Has any one tried to download and install using wifi?Or do you need to use the phones internet?
    Thanks
    I have had no problems downloading and installing over wifi.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bej0101 View Post
    keyboard gone, thanksssssssss
    Did you get the qwerty keyboard or the phone one? I can only get the one that looks like a phone.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR0018 View Post
    I have had no problems downloading and installing over wifi.
    But the question is, were you using an unactivated phone. Wifi isn't the issue. Whether the phone has to be activated to do the download and install is the issue.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    But the question is, were you using an unactivated phone. Wifi isn't the issue. Whether the phone has to be activated to do the download and install is the issue.
    I have my phone activated. I will say that the phone will not allow you to activate wifi with Flight Mode turned on and it disables it altogether if you activate Flight Mode while wifi is already on.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    i got the qwerty keyboard..

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bej0101 View Post
    i got the qwerty keyboard..
    How did you get the qwerty? I've tried everything including contacting the guy from that website. Did you do anything differently? Could you tell me your exact method of getting the qwerty? I'd greatly appreciate it.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,805
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    But the question is, were you using an unactivated phone. Wifi isn't the issue. Whether the phone has to be activated to do the download and install is the issue.
    I have an unactivated phone and I get authentication failed when I try to download from http://is.gd/mini71

    Also, where do I find the Opera browser that I downloaded.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a LG 840G, Trac fone version.

    I downloaded and installed Opera Mini 7 per your instructions above. ( http://is.gd/mini71 )

    It works good, and the hated virtual keyboard did not even appear after installation, just a clean Opera Mini.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone used the new Cingular rom for internet sharing with osx?
    By k2snowboards88 in forum Other AT&T PDAs/Smartphones
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 07:07 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 03:26 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 08:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks