Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bionic ICS pushed back to Q4

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid, LG VX 8550
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Bionic ICS pushed back to Q4

That's pretty much it. Motorola has admitted they aren't going to meet the Q3 deadline.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    My bet is the Razr M/HD will get updated to JB before the Bionic gets ICS.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    didnt a moto rep say they were planning on doing something big with the bionic?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1300 View Post
    didnt a moto rep say they were planning on doing something big with the bionic?
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/22/m...to-fix-things/

I wouldn't be surprised if Moto does a trade-in offer for Bionic owners to get a discount on the newer M or HD.
    I know they already stated there would be a discount for some older phones that arent upgradable to ICS or JB.

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    "A Little Bird Told Me..."
    The Bionic is currently undergoing final testing running ICS.

The reported Data Connection problem some people experienced is gone. Battery life remains the same and there is no performance slowdown of the phone under ICS. Among the changes ICS made was the addition of Smart Actions.
    Internet talk is cheap.

Man up, Show up, or Shut the @#$! up.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap315 View Post
    Did he chirp a word about what will be lost from GB?

Sent from my HAPPY GINGERBREAD using HowardForums

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    Did he chirp a word about what will be lost from GB?

Sent from my HAPPY GINGERBREAD using HowardForums
    The only thing noticed was the loss of the ability to show all of the Home Screens at once.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not looking for the update on the Bionic until the new phones have been out for a couple of weeks.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, Update to start rolling out today.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap315 View Post
    The Bionic is currently undergoing final testing running ICS.

The reported Data Connection problem some people experienced is gone. Battery life remains the same and there is no performance slowdown of the phone under ICS. Among the changes ICS made was the addition of Smart Actions.
    Under ICS, there is a significant speed boost, most Bionics which are capable of it will get a speed boost to 1.2GHz, Battery Life is greatly improved, Signal Loss is still a slight issue, also under the OTA there is some issues with the Stock Mobile Hotspot app loosing data, when the phone still reports signal, this is fixed by turning off hotspot, then toggling airplane mode then turning hotspot back on.

There will be another update here soon, that will be our stepping stone to Jellybean, as motorola has announced the Bionc will get it. I am thinking we will see a 248 or 249 update or even possibly the 247 that was leaked being soaked here soon, as most phones will get JB this year, and since it is a minor update the soak can last as little as 2-5 days before OTA push.

*EDIT* To clairify the signal issues are due to towers with either outdated technology, or that are being upgraded, some are even outside interferance with the signal, concrete and Flouresent lights are major killers of cellphone signals, concrete kills it or at least reduces it, Flouresent lights distort the frequency causing interference, with newer phones we normally don't notice it, but when using data you will if you look for it.
    ~T-Lar Seth~
    Gamer's Guild© Computer Service Technician

CJST Board Certified Law Enforcement

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Started getting the update this morning

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This morning my phone downloaded 6.7.246 without warning. I selected option to defer install for 12 hours. So what will we lose? Flash?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdrywall View Post
    Started getting the update this morning
    Mine updated then as well, and is working OK, although battery life seems to be down a bit. I am also hearing the voice blabber saying, "Verizon Wireless" every so often, probably when it switches between 3G and 4G coverage. Have to find a way to silence that.
    "Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So what's everybody's judgement on ics? I'm still deferring every 12 hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    @Steveanderson13 I still have Flash on mine (and it works), you will have to get flash from Adobe's site though, as it is no longer available in the market.

@overland1, You have to give the phone about 2-3 days, then let your phone fully drain then let it fully charge uninterrupted, I recommend charging while the phone is off for best results, then you should be good on battery life, as for the network change Menu>System Settings>Sounds Then you will see the options Network Lost Tone, and Roaming Tone, I would uncheck both of them. If this doesn't fix it let me know and I have some other things you can try to fix this issue. As for battery life, do what I said previously in this post, my battery will last me about 16-18 hours with very little usage, and about 8-10 hours on heavy usage, and I have the standard Battery that came with my phone, but I do have some features turned off, also under developer options I turned on force 2D, as with Hardware running video it puts less strain on the battery I have noticed, not to mention I have my display set low, GPS off, and if I am just playing games I turn on airplane mode. There are also other settings to tweak to improve battery life, and for the record Task Killers are actually Battery Killers, they only just take up usage on your battery.

Another thing you can do is pull down your notification bar and press options, then battery and see what is draining your battery the most, and it is normal for "Android OS" to be that high on the list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast