Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bionic ICS pushed back to Q4

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    tlarseth, thanks for the tips. I switched off the Roaming and Network tones, and will see if that helps (will know later today when back at work). I will try the battery discharge/recharge as well, but when I get a day off and do not need the phone for several hours.
    "Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis"

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I did it. Very nice in every way. Faster, smoother, nice looking. Even changed the fonts on hofo. Looks nice.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Overland1 View Post
    tlarseth, thanks for the tips. I switched off the Roaming and Network tones, and will see if that helps (will know later today when back at work). I will try the battery discharge/recharge as well, but when I get a day off and do not need the phone for several hours.
    For the battery, if it doesn't work itself out in the next couple of days, try using a battery calibration application, don't use the fast drain ones, just get one that deletes the battery cache. Run it, then let your battery drain, I set an HD video to loop which killed my battery in about 8-9 hours, once drained, keep it off and charge it until 100%, then let it charge another 15 minutes to one hour, and your battery should be better. Another thing you can do is disable unneeded applications that came preinstalled, goto Menu>manage apps>all applications, then disable the ones you don't use, be careful when you do this, I would look for a guide on which ones are safe to disable.

Also uninstall any applications you don't use anymore, you will be surprised how much battery life they take when running in background.

Mine is set to Display=Auto, GPS On, 4G On, and I sync both my work exchange mail, and gmail in Real Time, and I get about 10 hours out of mine, never let it get below 20%, so it could possibly last a bit longer.
    ~T-Lar Seth~
    Gamer's Guild© Computer Service Technician

CJST Board Certified Law Enforcement

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So anyone know how to fix Nav's voice problem? It switches between male and female.

First bug I've encountered but annoying.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

My mind is racing, but I got nothing so I'll say nothing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So how do we uninstall ics? It screwed up nav.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can't revert from an OTA to a prior version because they increment the secure version status in the CDT.bin explicitly to prevent going backwards.

I haven't loaded the OTA specifically to avoid being stuck, but I am running a leaked interim ICS version 6.7.232 that does allow reverting to GB and has the same radios as 6.7.246 and most of the same system components of the OTA.

I have my Bionic running on ATT and it's not my main device, so I rarely use Nav but the GPS works fine on mine.

What is screwed up with Nav?
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey kb, nav voice output alternates between male and female. Annoying. Plenty of complaints, discussion on various forums but didn't see any solution. I think it is ics, not nav but I see no way to contact anyone. I would think it would be resolved, ics being a year old. I downloaded Ivona voice but I am unsure if it is working 100%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2