Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iPhone + Black Friday?

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question iPhone + Black Friday?

Do you think this year's Black Friday will see a price drop or cut in the iPhone for Virgin Mobile? I remember last year Boost had major cuts on their phones and Best Buy were selling them for some good prices too.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    Do you think this year's Black Friday will see a price drop or cut in the iPhone for Virgin Mobile? I remember last year Boost had major cuts on their phones and Best Buy were selling them for some good prices too.
    No, not on the iphone. Apple never has sale on their products.. The Retina Display macbook pro costs $2900 and there was a sale...the new price was $2850...what a big freaking deal..$50 dollar off on a products that costs $2900 ha ha..If they ever lower the price, it might be $549 when the iphone 5 comes to VM.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Last year VM had a Cyber Monday sale where EVERY phone was half price. I bought my Optimus Slider for $81, with a coupon code, during that sale. IIRC, there was a similar sale in 2010, which was within the first year after the company was acquired by Sprint.

Nonetheless, I agree that iPhones likely wouldn't be included in a Cyber Monday sale this year. Apple strictly enforces pricing minimums among its retailers.

OTOH, if you have your eye on a new Android phone and are willing to wait a couple of months for a deal, it might be worth your while to wait.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I also vote "no freaking way".

They SHOULD go down by $100 at some point since the unlocked ones dropped.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    Last year VM had a Cyber Monday sale where EVERY phone was half price. I bought my Optimus Slider for $81, with a coupon code, during that sale. IIRC, there was a similar sale in 2010, which was within the first year after the company was acquired by Sprint.

Nonetheless, I agree that iPhones likely wouldn't be included in a Cyber Monday sale this year. Apple strictly enforces pricing minimums among its retailers.

OTOH, if you have your eye on a new Android phone and are willing to wait a couple of months for a deal, it might be worth your while to wait.
    They could offer some airtime with the iphone purchase, but there's no way they'd give $200 in airtime.

Phones
    LG Volt
    LG Volt
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    iPhone much like consoles.. are priced by the maker and not the seller. There are never any actual sales on the product, although sellers are free to add bundles or gift cards to the deal to reduce its eventual cost.

Phone
    HTC_One(M8)WP, moto_X~2
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, REpublic_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    IF the Sprint iPhone 5 sales figures disappoint (vs VZW and AT&T), then there might be a "sale" with the prepaid VM iPhone 4 and 4S devices. At this time Sprint has not subsidized the prepaid iPhones like they do with Android devices, yet. A Special Offer that should be included with every iPhone purchase is a FREE month of service for new subscribers and for existing subscribers opting for a new VM iPhone.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday pricing will likely include the VM iPhones. With the iPhone 4 now available at No Cost with a new 2 year agreement, a one day price cut on the VM iPhone 4, and maybe even the 4S, is not out of the question.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

VZW PrePaid: $45 | Republic Wireless: $5

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I hope VM gets the iPhone 5 or lowers the prices sometime in the future.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    One of them will happen for sure...

Phone
    S5 Sport & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Forget the 5 (for a while) but reduced costs on the 4 variants should happen.

Apple seems to lower the cost of prior models each and every time a new device is launched. Nobody is better than Apple at reducing supply chain costs.

Sent from my Atrix2 using Tapatalk

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Retired: Motorola v262, v60i, Nokia 6360, 6161
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I can see myself picking up an Android backup phone for 1/2 off, if I already was happy with Virgin's service with an iPhone 5. Having a backup wouldn't be a bad idea, and I guess you can which phone is active from their website.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    $100 drop when the iPhone5 comes to VM. I bet thats all we will see, if anything.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh alright

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Only $550 for a phone that will be outmoded by one generation? What a deal! I wish I had that much money to waste...

But by the time the 5 hits Virgin it'll be because the 6 is in the works, which means it'll essentially be outmoded by two generations.

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Retired: Motorola v262, v60i, Nokia 6360, 6161
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Not if it's true that it'll be showing up this year, which seems likely.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast