View Poll Results: Is your iPhone 5 Data working?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

6 66.67%

Thread: Sprint iPhone 5 Data Not Working

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score

Sprint iPhone 5 Data Not Working

Has anyone here successfully activated an iPhone 5 on Sprint.
    On Friday I activated one for a Friend but the Data has not been working spent hours with Sprint Tech Support and the issue wasn’t resolved.

Today I activated another iPhone 5 in my account for a family member that upgraded from the Evo and is having the same issues. I have another friend that upgraded and also having the same problem.

The iphone 5 keeps going back and forth between 3G and O(1x) and when I open Safari they I get a message that data could not be activated.

When doing the ##783283# to update the PRL I get a message saying that the update failed. If I connect
    the phone to wifi and try to do I get a confirmation of PRL update completed but PRL still the same 55006.

I have other Evo and iphone 4s next to them and they just work fine on 3G without a problem.

I went to the Sprint Store today and the reps told me to go to Apple since their technicians are not trained on the new iPhone. I noticed the display iphone 5 at the Sprint store was activated working fine and on 3G I checked the PRL and it was 54006, did an update and was still the same.

At the apple store, the genius took my phone and did some resets and updates but couldn’t solve the problem and mentioned that it must be something at Sprint ends. She advised to wait a few more days and to return the phone if the problem doesn’t get fixed.

I been doing some trouble shooting and noticed that the SIM card is used only for LTE. But when you take it out the phone says No Sim but it stills works. Also if take out the sim card the phone will hold onto 3G but the data stills doesn’t work.

Anyone one else having this problem?

And if your iPhone 5 is working properly, what PRL are you using?

Here are some more people posting about the same issue.
    http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/479376#479376
    http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/479404#479404

Thanks

The above poll is about the Sprint iPhone 5

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My data works but I have a whole other issue with data that seems to be phone/bug related. I'm using 54006 as well. After I ported my number in it took several hours before data and text would start working, that was sprints system being overloaded.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My brother in law's iPhone5 is working fine. He didn't mention having any problems. He got it on release date in the mail.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    All 3 i know with the problems, 1 was ordered through Apple website, the other on sprint.com both activated via phone. The 3rd one was purchased and activated at the Sprint Store

Feedback Score
    This is bad, I've seen the same exact problem you are describing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ended up dumping my iP5 for an S3 because of the data issues I was having with it. Apple wasn't so nice to me either about it. They told me to "wait for a software update" when my issue was something with the phone not the network. My S3 works just fine...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Want to update everyone.
    I just finished activating an iPhone 5 for relative (His phone was just delivered)
    I followed the prompts on the iphone until I got to the point that said no service and will wait for activation.
    I called Sprint Activations 8665168519 The representative asked for the MEID twice and then told me to turn off and the phone and turn it back on. After turning it on it started searching for service and a message iphone activated was displayed. The 3G symbol came on instantly and it has been working at regular 3G speeds .70 mbps on average (The sprint tower is about 3 blocks from our location but is not optimized, I been able to get 2mbps a few months ago.)

Things to take onto consideration.
    PRL on the phone after activation is 55008