Thread: Is this true?? Re: page plus, iphone 4s, and the ESN IMEI # starting with 9900

Feedback Score

Is this true?? Re: page plus, iphone 4s, and the ESN IMEI # starting with 9900

Hi,
    I was about to buy an iphone 4s to use on page plus. I did a "chat" with page plus to make sure that the ESN was clean. I gave them the number IMEI 99000... and they told me that they were not able to activate any phone that started with 9900 because it is a 4g phone. Well, it's not - it's a 3g phone.... Is there any way to make this work? Should I instead be verifiying with Verizon that the # is clean and then call page plus and somehow not give the IMEI # to page plus? Or will page plus need that # at some point when activating?

Oh, not sure if it matters any, but I would be getting a new phone # from page plus - not porting one over.

Thanks for your help!

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since you're getting a new number use the Page Plus website to activate your phone. Alternatively, you can use a dealer to activate the 4S. What has been conveyed to you is not true.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yep, activate online or thru a dealer. Page official policy is to not activate or support iPhone on their network.