Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk refill card question

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Straight Talk refill card question

So, I'm thinking about buying Straight Talk in 90 day increments. I have a question for anyone that buys the cards off Walmart.com. For the $45 unlimited plan, do you get three different 30 day codes or one 90 day code? Thanks..
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Feedback Score
    You get one 90 day code

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you!

Does anyone know how long a Straight Talk SIM card lasts once the balance has expired? I'm curious what happens to the SIM card if I don't add a plan, mainly if the SIM becomes useless after a certain amount of time. Thanks..
    Last edited by MkVsTheWorld; 10-01-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    Thank you!

Does anyone know how long a Straight Talk SIM card lasts once the balance has expired? I'm curious what happens to the SIM card if I don't add a plan, mainly if the SIM becomes useless after a certain amount of time. Thanks..
    if the sim becomes useless it cannot be reactivated, you would need to buy a new sim.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    So, I'm thinking about buying Straight Talk in 90 day increments. I have a question for anyone that buys the cards off Walmart.com. For the $45 unlimited plan, do you get three different 30 day codes or one 90 day code? Thanks..
    I use auto refill for me and my wife and don't have to worry about buying cards and entering in numbers every month. You can even do auto refill for 3 month increments and get the cost down to the low 40s.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone know how long you have to add a plan to a SIM card after the plan expires? That is, the time you have before the SIM card becomes useless?

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how long you have to add a plan to a SIM card after the plan expires? That is, the time you have before the SIM card becomes useless?
    Theoretically, if you don't pay your bill, your Straight Talk phone number can IMMEDIATELY go back into the pool, and a sim card is tied to the phone number. If the phone number is re-assigned, that sim card is now useless.

The real answer is it's up to Straight Talk. It might work 30 days after you don't pay your bill and decide to reactivate it. It might work 60 days after you don't pay your bill and decide to reactivate it.

So, what you are REALLY asking is, how lucky do you feel?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    there is always the ones that are willing to roll the dice.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    The conventional wisdom on this question has been that you have at least 30 days. There have been personal examples going up to nearly 90 days, but I believe a few months ago, someone posting the question got an answer from our STSarah lurker here on the forum that you were safe for 30 days. Can't be 100% sure of my memory, has been several months ago. Mighty want to do a search just to be sure. But if your number is vitally important to you, I would not take the chance. I would either keep up to date on my account or port to google voice.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not really concerned about the phone number so much. I'd prefer not to have to order another SIM card and deal with having to be present for the Fedex delivery (that's such a PITA). Anyways, SaraST says you have up to 90 days. I really just need under 30 days.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have spoken with higher-ups at ST about this and was told that it depends upon the underlying carrier. AT&T may keep numbers available for 30 days, but Verizon may only keep them for 25 days. In either case, however, there is no obligation. So, if you like your number, keep at least one service card in reserve at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by maestroteague View Post
    The conventional wisdom on this question has been that you have at least 30 days. There have been personal examples going up to nearly 90 days, but I believe a few months ago, someone posting the question got an answer from our STSarah lurker here on the forum that you were safe for 30 days. Can't be 100% sure of my memory, has been several months ago. Mighty want to do a search just to be sure. But if your number is vitally important to you, I would not take the chance. I would either keep up to date on my account or port to google voice.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I no longer see messages from these users (and won't respond to them):
    pfoneguy, rcentros.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The straighttalksim.com support section (FAQ to be exact) seems to suggest it's 145 days.

If my account is deactivated because I didn’t Refill before my Service End date, do I need to acquire a new SIM card to reactivate my account?
    No, as long as the account is Reactivated within 145 days a new SIM card is not needed.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm going to need as much time as I can get to decide which SIM to stay with to make a decision.

T-Mobile Straight Talk has just as good coverage at my home and work as AT&T Straight Talk. I'm hesitant about staying with T-Mobile because they have less coverage. But darn if they have faster data and from what I hear, fewer instances of data throttling.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure I completely understand. You later say you want to swap between SIM cards to test the two networks. Therefore, your account is still up to date during that time. Your plan hasn't "expired".

I would think all these deadlines being discussed are if you let your account lapse. That's what it sounded like you were asking...

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The plan I have on the first SIM card I bought, will expire on 10/10. Meaning my 30 days will have passed and I'll no longer have an active plan on the first SIM card. I was originally asking what happens to the SIM if I don't add a new plan prior to the 30 days and also how long I have to add a new plan before the SIM is void.

The second SIM card I bought is the AT&T version. So I can switch the SIM cards for the next week. I may decide to go back to T-Mobile Straight Talk. So I wanted to know my options, like if I should order another sim card or not.

Does that make sense?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast