Thread: Straight Talk S959G vs ATT I777 Samsung Galaxy S II Phone

Feedback Score

Straight Talk S959G vs ATT I777 Samsung Galaxy S II Phone

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on these two phones. I bought the one from ST, but it does not appear to have hotspot capabilities as the I777 seems to have. I'm not sure what else is different between these two, but I'm considering taking the S959G back and getting the I777 instead since I don't know what else is missing.

Thanks.

Phone
    LG Thrive
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Well the Straight Talk version is missing a few functions without a firmware change.

Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S2 Review

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d4kc9 View Post
    Well the Straight Talk version is missing a few functions without a firmware change.

Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S2 Review
    For $300.00 or so, Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 is a better buy. No need to unlock to use on ST BYOP AT&T or T-MO sims, work right out of the box.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by axel_ View Post
    Hello,

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on these two phones. I bought the one from ST, but it does not appear to have hotspot capabilities as the I777 seems to have. I'm not sure what else is different between these two, but I'm considering taking the S959G back and getting the I777 instead since I don't know what else is missing.

Thanks.
    just like the e71 that was offered by st.great phone that works right out of the box without any fuss.
    now about not having a hot spot.besides you are not suposed to teather with st.this might be the reason some are having data speed problems and getting there service cut off.

Carrier
    Strait Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have the S959G model rooted it wit the ATT way on galaxy2root.com and unlocked it with an app on google play...I am now able to change my APN witch is good because if you delete the proxy's in the APN you won't throttle data ....also i use barnicaltether app works great for tethering and no need to worry bout data throttling witch I heard was a problem with ST data policy but deleting the Proxy's will keep you safe from that. Only problem is once its rooted there is no way of unrooting it without changing the stock firmware and also can't flash Custom recovery for this model yet either.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Deleting the proxy will not stop the throttling.

Feedback Score

Be carefull

Straight Talk DOES NOT support OS updates on Straight Talk branded phones. You are stuck perpetually with 2.3.6 on the S959G which IMO is a waste of the potential of this phone. I just bought a S959G yesterday and will order an i777 via Amazon today I LOVE THIS PIECE OF HARDWARE but I plan to pay the extra $50 bucks so I will be treated right regarding updates.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dan View Post
    Straight Talk DOES NOT support OS updates on Straight Talk branded phones. You are stuck perpetually with 2.3.6 on the S959G which IMO is a waste of the potential of this phone. I just bought a S959G yesterday and will order an i777 via Amazon today I LOVE THIS PIECE OF HARDWARE but I plan to pay the extra $50 bucks so I will be treated right regarding updates.
    just be careful with what you do with phone so you dont wind up like the guys in the throttle section.