Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trac Alcatel A382G at Walmat B&M in PA 2 mos after appearing on Activate Phones

Feedback Score

Trac Alcatel A382G at Walmat B&M in PA 2 mos after appearing on Activate Phones

Trac Alcatel A382G on the shelves at a Walmart B&M in PA 2 months after appearing on Activate Phones page

The Trac Alcatel A382G first appeared on the Activate Phones page on 08/07/12 and is now for sale 10/01/12 at a Walmart B&M in PA (thanks to Sweeper and Turk for posting the info in Turk's forum). Price $30.

So it seems to hold true that there is about a 2-month interval between a phone appearing on Activate Phones and being available for sale somewhere, not necessarily from tracfone.com.

If it holds true for the LG 840G w/ wifi, and the S380C, which both appeared on Activate Phones on 09/20/12, then they ought to be for sale somewhere starting at about 11/20/12. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Phone Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...G&locale=en_US
    Last edited by annepani; 10-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    $30 is pretty steep for a simple bar phone that has no web access. Looks too much like the old Motorola C139 that was available for years.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    $30 is pretty steep for a simple bar phone that has no web access. Looks too much like the old Motorola C139 that was available for years.
    Also no camera so no MMS picture messaging. But it has an FM radio.

But my real point is about the 2-month wait from posting on Activate Phones page to available for sale somewhere.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    $30 is a little steep, but I know a few people that would like a "big button" phone on TF.

annepani,
    Do you have other similar times? Or is it a sample of one?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    annepani, Do you have other similar times? Or is it a sample of one?
    I have other examples going back a couple of years. That is how I came up with the "2 - 4 months" estimate when I first posted about the LG 840G w/ Wifi and S380C.

I'm assembling a list.

Carriers
    Airvoice
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This is a phone definitely targeted for the baby-boomers, of which i am one and could see this being very simple and easy to use for just a basic phone.

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Saw the Alcatel A382G at my local Walmart in Morristown, TN today.

Hopefully the LG840g will be available soon.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    For those who have not seen the phone...

Very over priced at $30

Phone
    LG 840g.
    Carrier
    Safelink
    Feedback Score

Cool

Wish this had TMFL and was $5 cheaper OR was $10 - $15 cheaper.

Name:  Default.gif
Views: 6431
Size:  92.9 KB

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I had to pick one up to see how they might be for a geriatric pt. I just opened it. It uses a standard charger. It also comes with a car charger. And it comes with a doc
    That you can just set the phone in to charge. That dock also uses the same charger. This would be good for someone with poor dexterity and has a hard time plugging the charger to a phone. There is an emergency button on back that can be programmed to what ever number you want. The fm radio works without using headphones. We all know this is unusual. There is also a flashlight. There are switches on the right side of the phone for these 2 functions. It is very simple and basic. Might be good for an 85 yr old that is intimidated by cell phones. I haven't activated it yet so not sure about call quality or signal. But it is simple. And the flashlight and fm radio are practical features. As is the dock. It is not marketed to those with an iPhone 5 but for basic use. With the radio that could come in handy in a disaster as well.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    I had to pick one up to see how they might be for a geriatric pt. I just opened it. It uses a standard charger. It also comes with a car charger. And it comes with a doc
    That you can just set the phone in to charge. That dock also uses the same charger. This would be good for someone with poor dexterity and has a hard time plugging the charger to a phone. There is an emergency button on back that can be programmed to what ever number you want. The fm radio works without using headphones. We all know this is unusual. There is also a flashlight. There are switches on the right side of the phone for these 2 functions. It is very simple and basic. Might be good for an 85 yr old that is intimidated by cell phones. I haven't activated it yet so not sure about call quality or signal. But it is simple. And the flashlight and fm radio are practical features. As is the dock. It is not marketed to those with an iPhone 5 but for basic use. With the radio that could come in handy in a disaster as well.
    Thanks for the quick review! I saw it at my local WalMart the other night. How's the keyquard feature? Easy to lock/unlock? The FM radio no needing a headset as an antenna is interesting!

My 90 year old aunt has a Motorola V195 that she does fine with. She had a V330 before that. She uses 100-200 minutes a month. She goes to a senior club and she said just about ALL of her friends there have cell phones too! I'm glad to see phones marketed toward seniors. My aunt has lost some of the feeling in her finger tips so if need be, I can get her this TracFone and she'll have no problem.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: Galaxy Note 3 and LG F6: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    The key guard you can have auto set or you can do it manually on the side to lock and unlock that button is on the left side of the phone. The button on back just tells you the phone number of the phone. You can program speed dials. The back button I think is a waste it should have been able to be programmed with a speed dial. The leads that connect it in the dock are small so the phone has to be sat in the dock just right to charge. The numbers on the keyboard are raised which would help a person with decreased vision. Only activated it with the 20 minutes so far. I don't think $30 is too bad as it comes w the dock home charger car charger a rechargeable flashlight and rechargeable radio. At least with a basic cell maker like Alcatel is making a basic phone instead of a half-***** attempt at a cheap smart phone. It is on AT&T probably 2g voice only. Since it doesn't have Internet you don't have to worry about accidentally activating the browser.

I am sure there is a GPS chip in in for 911 calls but certainly no way the user can use it.

Very basic but sometimes that is a good thing.

Feedback Score

unlock button on Alcatel A382G

Is there a way to set the unlock button on the Alcatel A382G not to lock automatically?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons1 View Post
    Is there a way to set the unlock button on the Alcatel A382G not to lock automatically?
    There is already a hefty thread started on the Alcatel A382G. Why don't you post your question there and ask the mods to either move or close this thread.

Note to everybody: dragons1 had posted a lonely thread and I suggested he/she move it here for more visibility. After it got moved I tried to delete this but nogo. So that's the story.

Thanks mods for watching over us.
    Last edited by annepani; 10-16-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Agreed, threads merged.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I'm a fan of simple phones that are well-designed for the basic talking and texting. If this one had an AM radio I'd have to get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast