Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: will samsung galaxy s work on Page Plus?

Phones
    MOTO V195 (T-mobile)
    MOTO RIZR Z3 (T-mobile)
    Samsung T425 (TMO prepaid)
    Feedback Score

will samsung galaxy s work on Page Plus?

Or a samsung galaxy sii will be much better? Thanks.

Carriers
    BYO Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The Galaxy S Fascinate works (according to what I've read) since it's not 4G LTE. I'm guessing the Galaxy S Stratosphere (since it is 4G LTE) might have to be tweaked if you can get it to work. All the other Galaxy S series phones are also 4G LTE, so (technically) they're not supposed to work with Page Plus.

Phones
    MOTO V195 (T-mobile)
    MOTO RIZR Z3 (T-mobile)
    Samsung T425 (TMO prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Does this mean each Galaxy S Fascinate with clean ESN can be activated on PagePlus? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    The Galaxy S Fascinate works (according to what I've read) since it's not 4G LTE. I'm guessing the Galaxy S Stratosphere (since it is 4G LTE) might have to be tweaked if you can get it to work. All the other Galaxy S series phones are also 4G LTE, so (technically) they're not supposed to work with Page Plus.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liu4gre View Post
    Thanks. Does this mean each Galaxy S Fascinate with clean ESN can be activated on PagePlus? Thanks.
    Yes the Fascinate will activate just fine. It is the phone I am using and I love it. Got rid of a Droid X and got this phone and do not regret it. It's a perfect size and call quality is loud and clear. It also handles wi-fi and 3G very well.

Phone
    now on a Blackberry 8530, Virgin Mobil. It's broken
    Feedback Score
    So If I bought this phone "Samsung Fascinate No Contract Cell Phone 3G Android Smartphone Verizon by Samsung $189.99" on Amazon I could call PP and activate it? No reprograming or anything?

Thanks.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jag_mang53 View Post
    So If I bought this phone "Samsung Fascinate No Contract Cell Phone 3G Android Smartphone Verizon by Samsung $189.99" on Amazon I could call PP and activate it? No reprograming or anything?

Thanks.
    Yes it is that simple although you can activate it online if you prefer. The PP website charges 10 dollars to activate if you are not porting a number in though so you may want to do a quick search for PP dealers who will do it for free or much cheaper. The Fascinate will program immediately and requires no manual programming on your part. Everything will work right away. You may want to try craigslist or ebay to purchase it though as it will probably be a lot cheaper than amazon. Through craigslist I got mine in perfect condition in the box for 100 bucks but it's up to you.

Phone
    now on a Blackberry 8530, Virgin Mobil. It's broken
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I bought a used one in "excellent condition from " one from Cellular Country for $115.

Any ideas how to track down a local PP dealer?

Ed

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTrips95 View Post
    Yes the Fascinate will activate just fine. It is the phone I am using and I love it. Got rid of a Droid X and got this phone and do not regret it. It's a perfect size and call quality is loud and clear. It also handles wi-fi and 3G very well.
    I just got a Fascinate for my wife. It's our first smartphone and so far so good, although we really don't know what we're doing. If you have any advice on software upgrades or apps to download I'd appreciate the suggestions. You can message me if you don't want to reply to the whole thread. Thanks.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieD_82 View Post
    I just got a Fascinate for my wife. It's our first smartphone and so far so good, although we really don't know what we're doing. If you have any advice on software upgrades or apps to download I'd appreciate the suggestions. You can message me if you don't want to reply to the whole thread. Thanks.
    I'd check out xda forums on rooting and installing roms. There are jelly bean and ice cream sandwich ports. Much better than gingerbread. I had one with jelly bean and was really happy. That's was months ago I'm sure it's just gotten better

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liu4gre View Post
    Or a samsung galaxy sii will be much better? Thanks.
    There was never a s2 on Verizon. Best Galaxy phone that works out of the box is fascinate. Which is a decent phone too.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    I'd check out xda forums on rooting and installing roms. There are jelly bean and ice cream sandwich ports. Much better than gingerbread. I had one with jelly bean and was really happy. That's was months ago I'm sure it's just gotten better
    Thanks. xda has some good info, but looks a little complicated for me for now. I'll just stick with Gingerbread for a while.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. xda has some good info, but looks a little complicated for me for now. I'll just stick with Gingerbread for a while.
    Actually it's one of the easiest to root. The HTc Evo shift was a nightmare lol.

But all you have to do is use Odin a program to downgrade to flash a rom that is stock that is either already rooted or root able. Then install clockwork mod that lets you flash different roms. Then load different ones Til you find one that works best for you. I'd try on a weekend or free day so you have plenty of time to mess with it. It's really worth it (: it makes everything so much faster.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have any solutions for receiving MMS while on Wifi with the Data turned off?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have any solutions for receiving MMS while on Wifi with the Data turned off?
    The only answer I know of is to have the person send the MMS to an e-mail address and then retrieve it over WiFi.

Or, if the sender is on Sprint, you can get MMS directly to your Gmail account by using a Google Voice #, but that isn't a good solution.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The only answer I know of is to have the person send the MMS to an e-mail address and then retrieve it over WiFi.

Or, if the sender is on Sprint, you can get MMS directly to your Gmail account by using a Google Voice #, but that isn't a good solution.
    Sort of off topic, but email over wifi is probably doable. MMS requires cellular data.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast