Phones
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iPhone 5 on Pageplus

Has anyone activated a Verizon iPhone 5 on pageplus? I know that iphones are not allowed on pageplus but the 4 and 4S both work I have used both on it before. But what about the iphone 5? Has anyone tried activating one on it?
    iPhone 5 Virgin Mobile USA 5 Bars LTE

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You could scroll down to the thread currently at the bottom of page 1 of this forum to see what others have already said about this topic.

Phones
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They talked theoretical, I want to know if someone actually tried it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldertwin View Post
    They talked theoretical, I want to know if someone actually tried it.
    I'm trying it. I made a ESN change from my 4S to the iPhone 5. No luck yet. *228 and similar dial strings do not work ("This number is not allowed"). Tried rebooting a few times too. I'll keep trying but I'd love to hear from someone who made this work.

I can't get this to work. I'm going back to my 4S and returning the iPhone 5. Hopefully this will work one day.
    Last edited by engineertype; 10-30-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The iPhone 5 needs to be flashed just like other LTE phones to work on Page Plus. *228 doesn't work on LTE phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t6821hn View Post
    The iPhone 5 needs to be flashed just like other LTE phones to work on Page Plus. *228 doesn't work on LTE phones.
    So for others who stumble across this thread, what does it take to flash the iPhone 5? Is anyone able to do this? I (we) appreciate the input.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will let you guys know in 1 month. Still working on it.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Good luck! Please post results here!!!!

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5 on Pageplus

Any luck with iPhone 5?

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iPhone 5 on Pageplus

No luck so far. Thinking about switching both iPhone 5s for the 4th generation iPads. iPads are more useful to me.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atas_2010 View Post
    Beigephone.com is able to do the full flash of IPHONE 5 for $99 + tax. I flashed my Iphone 4 and it works perfectly. Give them a try and then post here your results.
    Beigephone.com is insanely expensive. Look on eBay. I picked a highly rated seller with a 100% success rate for activating iPhones on Page Plus. Cost me $6. Everything works perfectly (iPhone 4) and it was all done from start to finish in less than 20 minutes.

Note: I tried PP Chat first but when they saw the MEID was an iPhone they declined my request.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman54 View Post
    Beigephone.com is insanely expensive. Look on eBay. I picked a highly rated seller with a 100% success rate for activating iPhones on Page Plus. Cost me $6. Everything works perfectly (iPhone 4) and it was all done from start to finish in less than 20 minutes.

Note: I tried PP Chat first but when they saw the MEID was an iPhone they declined my request.
    Just an FYI for future users, this does occasionally happen (it happened to me one time -- even after the activation was complete because she didn't notice it until then and she forced the ESN change back to the original state afterwards) but is rare.

When it does happen, best method is to kindly say thank you, hang up, and call right back (or chat again) and the next CSR will likely be able to do it. Not sure why a few won't but most will.

Alternatively, any dealer that uses the online system to do ESN changes can put it on for you at their normal activation rate (some are $0.99 on eBay) and then you don't have this issue. Anyone selling "iPhone Activations" or "Flash Clean ESN Verizon iPhone" services are just making money to do the normal activation / ESN change -- there is NO special programming at all for Verizon iPhone 4 devices to work on PagePlus -- just the standard *228 and everything (talk / text / data / mms) works like normal.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

I think this is wrong. The post you quoted stated it was "full flash of IIPHONE 5 for $99 + tax". Did you really find someone that can flash an iPhone 5 to PPC for $6?

Quote Originally Posted by atas_2010 View Post
    Beigephone.com is able to do the full flash of IPHONE 5 for $99 + tax. I flashed my Iphone 4 and it works perfectly. Give them a try and then post here your results.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I think this is wrong. The post you quoted stated it was "full flash of IIPHONE 5 for $99 + tax". Did you really find someone that can flash an iPhone 5 to PPC for $6?
    No. As my post clearly stated, it was for an iPhone 4. The post I quoted also said "I flashed my Iphone 4" which I assume was from beigephone.com which would have cost $39.95 which I consider grossly overpriced. That is what I was referring to. I don't have an iPhone 5 so I currently have no need to try and activate one on PP. But judging by beigephone.com's price for activating an iPhone 4 I'm guessing their charge ($100) for activating an iPhone 5 is equally overpriced. However, if they are the only ones offering the service for an iPhone 5 and it actually works that may be the only current option.

Sorry if my post was unclear to you. The point of my post was that I believe beigephone.com is price gouging, not that I activated an iPhone 5 for $6. I activated an iPhone 4 for $6. Now it looks like I could have actually got it done for 99 cents. So .99 on eBay versus $39.95 at beigephone.com. Just trying to make people aware.

Edit: Just noticed on the beigephone.com web site the activation of an iPhone 5 on PP that the availability is "coming soon" so it's not currently an option apparently.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No. As my post clearly stated, it was for an iPhone 4. The post I quoted also said "I flashed my Iphone 4" which I assume was from beigephone.com which would have cost $39.95 which I consider grossly overpriced. That is what I was referring to. I don't have an iPhone 5 so I currently have no need to try and activate one on PP. But judging by beigephone.com's price for activating an iPhone 4 I'm guessing their charge ($100) for activating an iPhone 5 is equally overpriced. However, if they are the only ones offering the service for an iPhone 5 and it actually works that may be the only current option.

Sorry if my post was unclear to you. The point of my post was that I believe beigephone.com is price gouging, not that I activated an iPhone 5 for $6. I activated an iPhone 4 for $6. Now it looks like I could have actually got it done for 99 cents. So .99 on eBay versus $39.95 at beigephone.com. Just trying to make people aware.

Edit: Just noticed on the beigephone.com web site the activation of an iPhone 5 on PP that the availability is "coming soon" so it's not currently an option apparently.
    Well, then I guess you shouldn't have quoted a post talking about the cost of flashing an iPhone 5 to PPC if you were wanting to talk about the cost of activation only. I'm just sayin'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast