Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dropped s2 and cracked screen already. what do i do now

Feedback Score

dropped s2 and cracked screen already. what do i do now

well after just under a month of having my boost galaxy s2 i dropped it today and the screen cracked from top to bottom. it wasnt even a hard fall. im very dissapointed and not sure which way to go on this. i can still sign up for phone insurance but then i have to wait two months and from what i hear they still charge you and its a hassle, can anybody comment on this from experience? my other option is so send it to samsung since it is still under their warranty i would imagine, but i dont know if this would be covered by them for one and two, i wouldnt have a phone in the mean time. help?!?

Feedback Score
    Well just got off the phone with boost and even with insurance they would only give a $100 deductible. Then i called Samsung and they said it would cost at least $165 for them to repair. $400 phone & a month later I'm screwed.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    DIY repair.

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, Cricket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Search Craigslist for Local Smartphone Repair shops.

Go to your Local Craigslist...
    Select the For Sale section...
    Choose Cell Phones sub-listings...
    Enter the word REPAIR in the search field...

Prices vary by market but most shops are very reasonable.

Perhaps an investment in a quality Protective Case might help you in the future as well.
    http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Commu...+otterbox+case

http://www.otterbox.com/Samsung-Gala...touch-4g-cases

Attachment 85348
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Feedback Score
    just checked my local CL.... Only listing are for iphones :/

Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They can probably do your phone as well. Androids are much easier to fix than iPhone's. Search around the web or eBay for a service and then, like vmobi said, get a nice otterbox

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Since it's the same phone Sprint sold as the Epic Touch, just search eBay for epic touch lcd or epic touch housing (yeah, I know it's AMOLED but the sellers always seem to call it an LCD) and they frequently turn up for around $100 or so. The DIY replacement is kinda tricky if you're not familiar with working with tiny, delicate electronics, but there are how-to videos on YouTube.

The only tools needed are a cheap plastic guitar pick and a precision-size Philips screwdriver (RadioShack and Home Depot both sell sets that are decent for under $15).

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lehrskee View Post
    just checked my local CL.... Only listing are for iphones :/
    Don't just let any Craigslist "expert" fix your phone!

It's a hard pill to swallow but returning it to Samsung guarantees OEM replacement parts and warranty on the repair.

It's not like you broke the screen on a Prevail where it would be just as efficient to replace it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Also, as far as cases go, there are plenty of Chinese Otterbox knockoffs (Duo Shield) that can be had for around $10 on eBay. You really can't beat 'em as far as phone protection on a budget goes.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Well just got off the phone with boost and even with insurance they would only give a $100 deductible. Then i called Samsung and they said it would cost at least $165 for them to repair. $400 phone & a month later I'm screwed.
    Yeah, their Insurance states this right on the website. However, I would much rather pay $100 to have it taken care of with the insurance, then pay another $370 for a new phone. Just for the reason of why yours broke is the reason I went to Best Buy before even removing the phone from the box and purchased the Otter Box Defender series case. I have not dropped my phone *knock on wood*, but I know that I have had other phones in these cases and have dropped them from some pretty major drops and they have survived the falls because of the case they were in. As stated in the other posts though you can always try to find a place around you that repairs the phones, or a DIY project...

Feedback Score
    I knoe its my fault because i didnt have a case, but i guess i was just hard headed because ive never broke a phone before. Of course it would happen on the most expensice one ive owned lol. the phone still works 100%, its one crack from the top corner to the middle bottom. As far a boost insurance goes, i can just pay for two months and on the day after my second payment i can start a claim with them correct? also do i have to send them my phone and wait weeks without a phone etc..

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I knoe its my fault because i didnt have a case, but i guess i was just hard headed because ive never broke a phone before. Of course it would happen on the most expensice one ive owned lol. the phone still works 100%, its one crack from the top corner to the middle bottom. As far a boost insurance goes, i can just pay for two months and on the day after my second payment i can start a claim with them correct? also do i have to send them my phone and wait weeks without a phone etc..
    I'm not totally sure how their claim service works...I haven't had to send a phone to them to get repaired or replaced...I have just always placed the insurance on my phones cuz I know if I need to ever use it, it will be much cheaper then having to buy another phone and if I did have to send it in for a while, it would suck, but I can live without it for a little while to get it repaired.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Howard Forums

Feedback Score
    http://www.cellphonerepair.net/

This company has locations all over the country. They have a storefront in a very large mall close to where I live in Annapolis, MD., and they list that they will replace the broken screen of almost any smart phone for $65.00.

Sending it to these guys would probably be a lot less risky than shipping it off to some unknown person on Craigs List.

Maybe they have a store in your area? Check their website for more info.

Feedback Score
    they have no locations near me but thanks anyways

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    they have no locations near me but thanks anyways
    I know there is a place around my area called "Genius Phone Repair". I know they do good work, but they are also just a small company that is near me and I don't think they are located anywhere else. I know these people know what they are doing, and I ran into one of them the other day when I doing an install for one of them at their house...While I was talking to him he was telling me about all the services they do and repairing the screen is one of the things that they do. He was also able to tell me what phones are easier and that they also do iPad repair and things like that. I know that this doesn't help you if they aren't in your area, however, the reason I tell you this is because if you search around, you may be able to find a place near you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast