Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we flash a Samsung Galaxy s III to Boost Mobile?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I-535
    Droid Razr
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    AT&T Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Can we flash a Samsung Galaxy s III to Boost Mobile?

Hi,

I want to know if we can flash a Samsung Galaxy s III to Boost Mobile.

And one more thing that I want to know is should be the phone originally from Sprint only or Verizon is also fine?

I do not have any idea and that is the reason I'm asking.

FYI. I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S III on Ebay ( Sprint or Verizon ) and use it with a $50/ Month plan.
    So if Sprint works fine then I will look only for Sprint on Ebay. Otherwise I can look for Verizon also.

So kindly please advise. Once I get some information on this, then I should start looking out for the flashing services.

Thanks.
    AJ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qzmpal View Post
    Hi,

I want to know if we can flash a Samsung Galaxy s III to Boost Mobile.

And one more thing that I want to know is should be the phone originally from Sprint only or Verizon is also fine?

I do not have any idea and that is the reason I'm asking.

FYI. I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S III on Ebay ( Sprint or Verizon ) and use it with a $50/ Month plan.
    So if Sprint works fine then I will look only for Sprint on Ebay. Otherwise I can look for Verizon also.

So kindly please advise. Once I get some information on this, then I should start looking out for the flashing services.

Thanks.
    AJ
    Yes you can. Either Sprint or Verizon. Theoretically, you should be able to flash US Cellular as well as it should just be the Verizon version without the locked bootloader.

Well, it's really easy if you've ever flashed any other phone to boost.

Here's from the Official GSIII Thread over on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1727949&page=2

Feedback Score
    How much?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    im also interested for the right price

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X (International)
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint2boost2 View Post
    I have 3 White Galaxy S3 phones rooted and flashed to Boost for sale.
    Pretty sure you can't advertise stuff for sale here. Thats for the B/S/T forum...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KM626 View Post
    Pretty sure you can't advertise stuff for sale here. Thats for the B/S/T forum...

Whoops. My bad for replying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Carriers
    Boost
    Boost
    Feedback Score

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by KM626 View Post

Sorry it's my first day on this forum.
    Is there a way to remove the post?

Carriers
    Boost
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    It's removed........sorry about that....it won't happen again.

Feedback Score
    Messing with esns is a grey area. This is rewriting not so called "flashing". Boost Mobile will be allowing Sprint phones on their network legally and officially soon. Which phones will be the question but NON Sprint cdma phones are out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Messing with esns is a grey area.
    The FCC has said it is not illegal. So why do you say it is a grey area.
    Putting the phone you want on the service you pay for is not a crime. No one has ever been convicted of it!
    No one has ever been convicted of talking about it either!

If you think I helped, please Click the star below. Unfortunately there is no "you're an idiot" button yet, but you can PM me!
    | | |
    VVV

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I-535
    Droid Razr
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    AT&T Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Guys,

This is what I see in most of hte threads. The start is something and the end is something else.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE concentrate on what the actual question is.

Don't try to be big Brothers or Family heads. If You want that go ahead and do that in real lives. Not here.
    If You do not like anything, refer it to a moderator.
    I guess howardforums still has moderators and their job is to look after issues like these.

But people who do not have any idea of the actual question is, try to create a problem for the ones who are genuinely looking for information.

I thought this site is a bit different. Come on Moderators where are You. Try to stop these so called Big Brothers.

Lets concentrate on the actual discussion.
    Many Thanks.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I-535
    Droid Razr
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    AT&T Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    With that being said,

Yes. You can flash a Samsung Galaxy S3.
    It should be CDMA version. Thats it.

The data Speed on the New Samsung Galaxy S3 flashed to Boost depends on 2 factors.

1. The Donor Phone You are using.
    2. The Coverage area.

1. Donor:
    (a). Its easy to find a 3G Donor Phones. In one of thread I have listed all the 3G capable Phones for Boost Mobile flashing.
    (b). The Samsung Galaxy S3 has to be from a CDMA carrier. Not a GSM
    (c). The HTC EVO Design 4G and Samsung Galaxy S2 are 4G Phones
    *******Please see Sprint 4G means WiMAX not hte 4G LTE ( Long Term Evolution)*************
    And frankly, the Sprint's WiMAX Coverage is not that great. Its really not everywhere.

(d). 4G LTE is the way going forward. But prepaid carriers like Boost will definitely take a lot of time to get 4G LTE on Boost, because Sprint Contract Customers also do not have 4G LTE in many Markets across the USA.

(e). To summarize, it is only the 3G phones that You can use technically to get the flashing to be done to Boost Mobile. But the to be FLASHED Phone has to be from a CDMA Carrier.

(f). The only 2 4G ( WiMAX) phones from Boost, they itself cost a bomb. Then its real foolishness to buy a Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC EVO Design 4G and once again buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 and do the flashing.
    HEY MOROVER THESE ANDROID PHONE'S PLAN COST $5 EXTRA EACH MONTH THAN THE NON-ANDROID 3G PHONES FOR THE UNLIMITED TALK,TEXT, DATA & EMAIL

(g). Best bet is find a cheap phone off Ebay or craigslist and get a good ESN phone. Do the Flashing by Yourself, that way You will know what is rooting, flashing, profile, ROM, etc.

(h). It will be helpful in the long run, for You to make Your experience better with the flashed phones.

Thanks all,
    Best of Luck with Your flashing and God Bless You.

A J.
    Last edited by qzmpal; 11-07-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: monthly plan for unlimited talk, text, data

Feedback Score
    Hello,

I have a galaxy s3 I just flashed to boost mobile and I am having an issue I can find no solution for.
    Cant update the profile or prl or any type of update...pulls a 407 internal error code. No factory reset or hands free activation works. I can call in and out ...and my shared secrets are correct....still no DATA

I have searched for several days all over XDA and Google with no solution that works...

If any of you seasoned gentlemen could help this lady would greatly appreciate it...

Feedback Score

Re: Can we flash a Samsung Galaxy s III to Boost Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by getrobbie View Post
    Hello,

I have a galaxy s3 I just flashed to boost mobile and I am having an issue I can find no solution for.
    Cant update the profile or prl or any type of update...pulls a 407 internal error code. No factory reset or hands free activation works. I can call in and out ...and my shared secrets are correct....still no DATA

I have searched for several days all over XDA and Google with no solution that works...

If any of you seasoned gentlemen could help this lady would greatly appreciate it...
    You have no data at all or just not the ability to update your prl and profile.

What ROM are you using? Stock?

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    stock LI13 and no data at all...thanks for your quick reply..and no ability to update profile, prl,. software , anything.....

also flashed it to Jelly bean stock and still same issue...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast