Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk, Fedex, and shipping

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk, Fedex, and shipping

Question for you all. I already have an ST sim and everything works great. Just bought another sim from the sale they had and picked the Fedex option. Long story short, the local Fedex truck delivers during the day when no one is around. ST sends it as signature required. I called Fedex 2 nights in a row and they assured me the delivery would be after 3pm. Today was Fedex's final attempt at delivery and again, no one was home. So I called Fedex AGAIN, and they said sorry whoever told you they could schedule after 3 was mistaken, they only take requests, but cannot assure a time.

So, now what happens? Does it get send back to ST, and they credit me? Or am I screwed? I have some errands to run, ill check back later for replies. Thanks in advance!

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pahick View Post
    Just bought another sim from the sale they had and picked the Fedex option. Long story short, the local Fedex truck delivers during the day when no one is around. ST sends it as signature required. I called Fedex 2 nights in a row and they assured me the delivery would be after 3pm. Today was Fedex's final attempt at delivery and again, no one was home. So I called Fedex AGAIN, and they said sorry whoever told you they could schedule after 3 was mistaken, they only take requests, but cannot assure a time.

So, now what happens? Does it get send back to ST, and they credit me? Or am I screwed?
    Here's your answer. I just went through the same thing.

I ordered two ST "T-mobile" sims.

Straight Talk gives instructions to FedEx that the package MUST be delivered to the address. You cannot CHOOSE to pick it up at the FedEx warehouse instead of actual delivery.

Both my wife and I work Monday-Friday. So, no one is every going to be home for signature before 5 pm.

After the first attempt I called FedEx, very irate because it was stupid for them to keep trying to deliver to an address where no one would be during the daytime and stupid for Straight Talk to prevent customers from actually taking delivery of the product they had paid for...

Here's what FedEx told me:

1) after 3 tries, the box is held at the warehouse for you to pick up IN SPITE OF THE STUPID INSTRUCTIONS STRAIGHT TALK GAVE FEDEX TO ONLY DELIVER TO THE ADDRESS. You cannot ask that it be held for pickup PRIOR to the 3 delivery attempts. AFTER the 3 delivery attempts, the box should be available for pickup at the FexEd shipping location. If you don't pick it up there, then it gets shipped back.

2) For the 2nd and 3rd attempts, you can schedule delivery for a day when you will be home, like Saturday. I'm not leaving the house today, as I'm waiting for the FedEx truck delivery my Straight Talk sims. They first tried on Tuesday, and I called them that afternoon. Rather than fruitlessly trying again on Wednesday or Thursday, they are supposedly delivering today.

________

For you, sounds like you will need to go to the FedEx location to pick it up. I just wished they allowed that in the beginning instead of the 3 delivery attempts first. Many senders allow that, but Straight Talk does not. FedEx says it depends on the sender's instructions.

UPDATE: Had to hang around the house on a Saturday, but I got my ST "T-Mobile" sims delivered. If I wasn't able to be home today, I would have had to wait until the failed 3rd delivery attempt, then I could have picked the package up at FedEx.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 10-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    sounds like a trip down to the fed ex warehouse.to bad i wasnt ups they will drop it at your local post office.

Feedback Score
    ...or get a PO Box.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    sounds like a trip down to the fed ex warehouse.to bad i wasnt ups they will drop it at your local post office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellyon View Post
    ...or get a PO Box.
    FedEx doesn't deliver to a PO Box.

FedEx is the only "free" shipping option Straight Talk offers.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post

Or he could have paid $6.95 and have it USPS Priority Mail to your home mailbox. I order my sims this way. Like ChazzMatt said, people work for a living, cannot wait around all day at home.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Here's your answer. I just went through the same thing.

I ordered two ST "T-mobile" sims.

Straight Talk gives instructions to FedEx that the package MUST be delivered to the address. You cannot CHOOSE to pick it up at the FedEx warehouse instead of actual delivery.

Both my wife and I work Monday-Friday. So, no one is every going to be home for signature before 5 pm.

After the first attempt I called FedEx, very irate because it was stupid for them to keep trying to deliver to an address where no one would be during the daytime and stupid for Straight Talk to prevent customers from actually taking delivery of the product they had paid for...

Here's what FedEx told me:

1) after 3 tries, the box is held at the warehouse for you to pick up IN SPITE OF THE STUPID INSTRUCTIONS STRAIGHT TALK GAVE FEDEX TO ONLY DELIVER TO THE ADDRESS. You cannot ask that it be held for pickup PRIOR to the 3 delivery attempts. AFTER the 3 delivery attempts, the box should be available for pickup at the FexEd shipping location. If you don't pick it up there, then it gets shipped back.

2) For the 2nd and 3rd attempts, you can schedule delivery for a day when you will be home, like Saturday. I'm not leaving the house today, as I'm waiting for the FedEx truck delivery my Straight Talk sims. They first tried on Tuesday, and I called them that afternoon. Rather than fruitlessly trying again on Wednesday or Thursday, they are supposedly delivering today.

________

For you, sounds like you will need to go to the FedEx location to pick it up. I just wished they allowed that in the beginning instead of the 3 delivery attempts first. Many senders allow that, but Straight Talk does not. FedEx says it depends on the sender's instructions.

UPDATE: Had to hang around the house on a Saturday, but I got my ST "T-Mobile" sims delivered. If I wasn't able to be home today, I would have had to wait until the failed 3rd delivery attempt, then I could have picked the package up at FedEx.
    What a bunch of CRAP!
    Glad you got 'em though.
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on the $60 GoPhone Plan
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on the $45 GoPhone Plan

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    AFTER the 3 delivery attempts, the box should be available for pickup at the FexEd shipping location.[/B] If you don't pick it up there, then it gets shipped back.
    Correct, problem is the 2 locations within 45 minutes of me arent open late and I cannot make it before close after work. I told Fedex this and they had no other answer except "sorry". I checked the Fedex site with my DT number and it now shows "Refused by recipient" . Needless to say I am pissed! I am going to try and search for the ST US office phone number and give them a call monday. I may end up doing a chargeback.

Thanks all!

Feedback Score

You are correct; however USPS does, which is a shipping option.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    you have 2 choices either fed ex and sat delivery or pay a little and ups will leave it in your mailbox.how much is the ups option.

Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung 455C
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Contrary to what they say if you go to FedEx with the tracking number they will let you pick it up. I did that when one of my sims showed up the three minutes I was at the corner store.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Carriers
    MetroPCS (T-Mobile US)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pahick View Post
    Correct, problem is the 2 locations within 45 minutes of me arent open late and I cannot make it before close after work. I told Fedex this and they had no other answer except "sorry". I checked the Fedex site with my DT number and it now shows "Refused by recipient" . Needless to say I am pissed! I am going to try and search for the ST US office phone number and give them a call monday. I may end up doing a chargeback.

Thanks all!
    A direct signature should not be required for a SIM card without a balance (or refill card). I mean, you're talking a package with a $15 to $16 value. I'd be fine without any signature and it being left in a discreet area around my house. Or just leave it in my mailbox.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    A direct signature should not be required for a SIM card without a balance (or refill card). I mean, you're talking a package with a $15 to $16 value. I'd be fine without any signature and it being left in a discreet area around my house. Or just leave it in my mailbox.
    Next time you order one, choose rural delivery, cost $6.95, it will be in your mailbox.

Feedback Score
    Just ship it to your work in the future...

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBooMY View Post
    Contrary to what they say if you go to FedEx with the tracking number they will let you pick it up. I did that when one of my sims showed up the three minutes I was at the corner store.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    I called FedEx Tuesday and they said no. They said I had to wait for the third failed delivery attempt to the be able to go pick it up, due to ST. If you were able to pick it up before then, FedEx was violating their own rules. So I was going to go pick it up under those circumstances, but luckily they let me reschedule delivery for a Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast