I-535
    Droid Razr
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    AT&T Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

3G Donor Phones for Boost Mobile

Hi Experts,

I'm planning to buy a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3 Flash it to Boost Mobile.
    But I need a 3G Donor Phone for that and then I started to make a list of all the 3G donor phones available out there.
    Can You please let me know out of Your experience which one is the best and the easiest donor phone for flashing Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint to Boost Mobile.

Here is a list of the 3G capable phones from Boost. I do not know which one of these phones are capable enough.

Kyocera*************
    Innuendo

LG*******************
    Marquee
    Rumor Reflex

Motorola*************
    Theory

Samsung************
    Factor
    Prevail
    Rant
    Replenish
    Transform Ultra

Sanyo****************
    Incognito

ZTE*******************
    Warp

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    AJ.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    This topic has been covered before, basically any of the 3G LG or Samsung phones will work as long as you hunt down the proper drivers and software. The HTC Design will also work, but it's very expensive.

The Incognito is popular, but you can really only find them used at this point. I would not recommend a used donor, you never know if it's already been used for donor duty and somewhere out there is another phone with your MEID and AAA key on it.

Carriers
    VZW PP 50
    Feedback Score
    A used one is fine, just make sure it works and will profile update, because as soon as you attach it and update it to your account. anyone that was using it, won't be any longer.
    That's why it important to always have the donor.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Trust me on this, used donor phones are bad news unless you know for certain someone else hasn't kept a copy of the phone's MEID and AAA key.

It's not even really a great idea for your MEID to be floating around out there, either. Sprint's OTA activation system has Swiss cheese security.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does boost mobile have onine usage data records?

I'm still new to boost, haven't migrated from sprint yet, so with sprint, you can monitor your usage via sprint. Com

Does boost offer the same?

Phones
    HtC Pro 2 FULL- BOOST
    HTC Pro 2- FULL-CRICKET
    Carriers
    CRICKET
    Feedback Score
    the samsung factor inst a 3g phone why would it be a good donor?
    if its from the dirt then , smoke it it wont hurt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjamatik View Post
    the samsung factor inst a 3g phone why would it be a good donor?
    It would be a great phone. Do you know how to get it in diag mode

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I-535
    Droid Razr
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    AT&T Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Guys, Basically I asked this question a long time back.
    I was migrating from iDEN to Boost CDMA because Boost No longer offers that service.

Of Course buying Nextel was a VERY VERY BAD MOVE BY SPRINT. They lost a big Customer base and it took 5-6 years for them to do the damage recovery.^^^^

^^^^ - Multiple sources on the internet.

But now they have decided officially to stop the IDEN service in the next 3-4 months and all the customers are being called by Boost and are asked to migrate to CDMA version. They are also giving away Sanyo Innuendo Phones for free of cost.
    But that is a refurbished one. I got one from Boost. But I want to talk facts here. Yes, its almost like Brand new.
    But Sanyo Innuendo is useless for Flashing because it is not possible to do zero out the profile.
    SO SANYO INNUENDO IS NO NO NO GOOD FOR FLASHING.

Coming to the 3G Speed, GOOD DONOR PHONES, I can say SANYO INCOGNITO IS THE BEST PHONE AVAILABLE OUT THERE AND THE CHEAPEST AND THE MOST AVAILABLE AND MOST AFFORDABLE.

I got mine from Ebay. But as far as I have seen, most of the above CDMA phones have Qualcomm written on the back of their phones.

But from my point of view 2 things are the most important.

1. The phone should be from Boost Mobile. When You switch on the phone it should say Boost Mobile at the starting, not Sprint or T-mobile or something else.
    2. It should be 3G compatible. Guys do some basic google search, and You will find out easily whether that phone has 3G or not.

Guys You are going to flash a phone and when You are searching for a donor phone means You are in the starting process of flashing a phone and there is a very long way to go.

I did not find a clear list of the 3G donor phones which are good for flashing and thats when I decided to ask the guys here to tell me which one is a best option.

FYI. I bought a Sanyo Incognito ( Good ESN ) and Sprint HTC EVO 4G ( Bad ESN ).
    I flashed my phone myself and now my HTC EVO is getting 3 G Speeds,
    iDEN ( 6 Months ) ----> Sanyo Incognito SCP 6760 ( 2 Days ) -----> HTC EVO 4g Flashed ( 2 Weeks )

I'm getting 1.5 MBps Internet speed on my Mobile when I check the speed using speedtest app.
    I'm also tethering, using my HTC EVO 4G.
    I rooted my HTC and everything is working fine. It has been almost 2 weeks. No problems and all is great.

Feedback Score
    I don't really recommend boost or virgin mobile to anyone since Verizon came out with their fifty dollar plan. I just need to find cheap donor phones without a hassle.

Speedtest isn't really accurate depending on which server they use I've gotten 1mb to 2.5mb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah but verizon don't have shrinkage..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trim99 View Post
    Yeah but verizon don't have shrinkage..
    No they don't but what they do have is better service and coverage. I was on virgin mobile 25 dollar plan and was okay with it until I tested out verizons plan and I was okay paying 50 dollars a month. If boost or virgin mobile get 4 lte (in the areas I'm at) I'll think about going back. But it's probably gonna be awhile.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wait.

So verizon prepaid allows 4G lte?

If yes, what donor are you using..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trim99 View Post
    Wait.

So verizon prepaid allows 4G lte?

If yes, what donor are you using..

No you misread what I wrote. I wish they did though and I been looking at ways to do it but it would cost about the same as getting a contract. Unless you had someone with 4g lte already

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Probably did miss your point.

But I assume whomever is on prepaid is looking to save $$$...

Straight Talk prepaid has vzw coverage and is $5 cheaper at $45/mo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguythatdid View Post
    No they don't but what they do have is better service and coverage. I was on virgin mobile 25 dollar plan and was okay with it until I tested out verizons plan and I was okay paying 50 dollars a month. If boost or virgin mobile get 4 lte (in the areas I'm at) I'll think about going back. But it's probably gonna be awhile.
    Depends on the area. Where I live, Sprint goes further than Verizon. The only downside to Sprint is that at my work building, Verizon gets better coverage than Sprint. So in 1 building, it's better. Other than that, I'm good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast