Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Why does my signal bars fluctuate so much?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,228
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9900 White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Why does my signal bars fluctuate so much?

    at my house even in the same spot it shoots back and forth constantly between 1-4 bars, mostly full but constantly going back and forth?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cowtown AB
    Posts
    366
    Device(s)
    SGS2X
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Holiday Miracle
    Feedback Score
    0
    Name:  tumblr_m98kahhaWv1re1icto2_400.jpg
Views: 2736
Size:  72.7 KB
    *message too short*

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,091
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Name:  tumblr_m98kahhaWv1re1icto2_400.jpg
Views: 2736
Size:  72.7 KB
    *message too short*
    +1

    10chars

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    515
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S3, Note 2, Bold 9900, Q10
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Chances are someone is intercepting the signal from your phone and renting out the line when it's not in use. They call this ghost flanking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,673
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lol, you guys are so funny.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,228
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9900 White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    or it could be inferior wind network.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,091
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vancityguy View Post
    or it could be inferior wind network.
    Spoken like someone DESPERATE to convince himself that getting locked into the worlds number one crappiest network was a good idea....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,228
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9900 White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Spoken like someone DESPERATE to convince himself that getting locked into the worlds number one crappiest network was a good idea....
    i am not locked in anywhere. i have a retention plan with rogers and opted to try wind to save a few bucks a month. i got the wind on trial but the bars keep going from 1-4 all day long, if i dial the cell while on one bar it wont ring, last night it actually went to searching for network and into sos mode while on 1 bar. i am using a bold 9790. nobody desperate here... wind is a good value if it works for you. the network is clearly inferior at the moment, for me, here i am located there is no disputing that. doesn't mean it isnt a good value for those it works out for.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    79
    Carrier(s)
    WIND - tried others
    Feedback Score
    0
    [h=Why does my signal bars fluctuate so much?]2[/h]

    Cause inside is a tiny person playing guitar hero.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,673
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vancityguy View Post
    i am not locked in anywhere. i have a retention plan with rogers and opted to try wind to save a few bucks a month. i got the wind on trial but the bars keep going from 1-4 all day long, if i dial the cell while on one bar it wont ring, last night it actually went to searching for network and into sos mode while on 1 bar. i am using a bold 9790. nobody desperate here... wind is a good value if it works for you. the network is clearly inferior at the moment, for me, here i am located there is no disputing that. doesn't mean it isnt a good value for those it works out for.
    Very nicely put.
    Instructions for the $48- 5 GB sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...here-in-Canada

    Phones using: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650, Lg G3's for wife,daughter and son

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    59
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vancityguy View Post
    at my house even in the same spot it shoots back and forth constantly between 1-4 bars, mostly full but constantly going back and forth?
    Are u by any chance use the Galaxy Nexus?, or similar ****** reception phone?
    I have a GNex & the signal sux. If I put the same sim into a blackberry signal is better

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,673
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave-778 View Post
    Are u by any chance use the Galaxy Nexus?, or similar ****** reception phone?
    I have a GNex & the signal sux. If I put the same sim into a blackberry signal is better
    Not the case in my experience, i had the HTC One S and changed to the Gnex now.
    Where i couldn't talk with the One S in my computer room, dining room, hallway of first floor of my house is now no issues to do so at all! My wife's blackberry has the same signal as the Gnex so it is better then the One S it is definitely not better then the Gnex.
    Last edited by ijcy; 10-11-2012 at 01:35 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,068
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've tried with 3 different phones (Blackberry 9300, 9700 and Galaxy Nexus) and have had similar results.
    Constantly fluctuating from SOS, 1 bar to full bars.

    Luckily it's not my main phone. But I'm still paying $29/month, so it's incredibly frustrating.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    811
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Materials in the roofing of your house are making the weak signal weaker. Also your distance from a tower might be too great.
    Phone History


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,228
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9900 White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    well i returned the phone since i was under the 14 days and 30min. i am not a heavy user but i rely on my phone to at least receive calls when i get them. if i had an expensive plan with rogers i may have stuck with wind but since i have a decent heavily credited retention plan ill ride it out until the contract ends. at that point wind should be much better(i hope!) and i can port my # over. wind may not offer the crazy deals they do now but i am sure it will still be better than what rogers offers so its a win-win. who knows, maybe come xmas time they will offer something better and ill try them out again at that point.

Similar Threads

  1. Why does signal fluctuate so much?
    By matt86 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 11:51 PM
  3. Why does my signal go in and out at home?
    By Walke148 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
  4. Why does signal meter fluctuate on t630?
    By richard371 in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 12:50 AM
  5. Why does CDMA run batteries down so much faster than GSM?
    By Silver5 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 04:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks