Thread: Why does my signal bars fluctuate so much?

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9900 White
    Blackberry Bold 9780 White(backup)
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Why does my signal bars fluctuate so much?

at my house even in the same spot it shoots back and forth constantly between 1-4 bars, mostly full but constantly going back and forth?

Phones
    SGS2X
    Nexus One
    BB Bold 9700
    Carriers
    Wind Holiday Miracle
    Rogers PAYG
    Feedback Score
    Name:  tumblr_m98kahhaWv1re1icto2_400.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  72.7 KB
    *message too short*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Name:  tumblr_m98kahhaWv1re1icto2_400.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  72.7 KB
    *message too short*
    +1

10chars

Phone
    Galaxy S3, Note 2, Bold 9900, Q10
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Chances are someone is intercepting the signal from your phone and renting out the line when it's not in use. They call this ghost flanking.

Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Lol, you guys are so funny.

Phones
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    or it could be inferior wind network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vancityguy View Post
    or it could be inferior wind network.
    Spoken like someone DESPERATE to convince himself that getting locked into the worlds number one crappiest network was a good idea....

Phones
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Spoken like someone DESPERATE to convince himself that getting locked into the worlds number one crappiest network was a good idea....
    i am not locked in anywhere. i have a retention plan with rogers and opted to try wind to save a few bucks a month. i got the wind on trial but the bars keep going from 1-4 all day long, if i dial the cell while on one bar it wont ring, last night it actually went to searching for network and into sos mode while on 1 bar. i am using a bold 9790. nobody desperate here... wind is a good value if it works for you. the network is clearly inferior at the moment, for me, here i am located there is no disputing that. doesn't mean it isnt a good value for those it works out for.

Carrier
    WIND - tried others
    Feedback Score

[top]Why does my signal bars fluctuate so much?

Cause inside is a tiny person playing guitar hero.

Phones
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    i am not locked in anywhere. i have a retention plan with rogers and opted to try wind to save a few bucks a month. i got the wind on trial but the bars keep going from 1-4 all day long, if i dial the cell while on one bar it wont ring, last night it actually went to searching for network and into sos mode while on 1 bar. i am using a bold 9790. nobody desperate here... wind is a good value if it works for you. the network is clearly inferior at the moment, for me, here i am located there is no disputing that. doesn't mean it isnt a good value for those it works out for.
    Very nicely put.
    Instructions for the $55- 5 Gb sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...odo-sk-mb-plan

Latest phones used:Oneplus One, LG G2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol x, Lg G2 Dropped cracked screen bent motherboard, Nexus 5 sold, Lg G Flex Son's, Nexus 5 wife's , HTC One sold, Nexus 4 LTE sold , LG optimus 4x sold, Samsung Galaxy s4 Daughter's.

Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    at my house even in the same spot it shoots back and forth constantly between 1-4 bars, mostly full but constantly going back and forth?
    Are u by any chance use the Galaxy Nexus?, or similar ****** reception phone?
    I have a GNex & the signal sux. If I put the same sim into a blackberry signal is better

Phones
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave-778 View Post
    Are u by any chance use the Galaxy Nexus?, or similar ****** reception phone?
    I have a GNex & the signal sux. If I put the same sim into a blackberry signal is better
    Not the case in my experience, i had the HTC One S and changed to the Gnex now.
    Where i couldn't talk with the One S in my computer room, dining room, hallway of first floor of my house is now no issues to do so at all! My wife's blackberry has the same signal as the Gnex so it is better then the One S it is definitely not better then the Gnex.
    Last edited by ijcy; 10-11-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Carriers
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I've tried with 3 different phones (Blackberry 9300, 9700 and Galaxy Nexus) and have had similar results.
    Constantly fluctuating from SOS, 1 bar to full bars.

Luckily it's not my main phone. But I'm still paying $29/month, so it's incredibly frustrating.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Materials in the roofing of your house are making the weak signal weaker. Also your distance from a tower might be too great.
    Phone History

Phones
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well i returned the phone since i was under the 14 days and 30min. i am not a heavy user but i rely on my phone to at least receive calls when i get them. if i had an expensive plan with rogers i may have stuck with wind but since i have a decent heavily credited retention plan ill ride it out until the contract ends. at that point wind should be much better(i hope!) and i can port my # over. wind may not offer the crazy deals they do now but i am sure it will still be better than what rogers offers so its a win-win. who knows, maybe come xmas time they will offer something better and ill try them out again at that point.