Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Porting out of Straight Talk?

Feedback Score

Porting out of Straight Talk?

Has anyone done this?

Has anyone had issues doing this?

Is the company porting out of AT&T or Straight Talk?

I can't find where my account number is...

Thanks for the help...

Phone
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I believe your account number is your SIM number. Not 100% sure.

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cell View Post
    I believe your account number is your SIM number. Not 100% sure.
    The SIM number worked for me when I ported out.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure the carrier you are porting from is STRAIGHT TALK (not AT&T) and the account number is the underlined portion of the SIM card.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Its the Serial Number of the SimCard. You can also check it online on Straighttalk.com account page. If you cannot see it try editing the nickname part and you will see it.
    Three things which are normally asked for porting

Account Number: Serial Number of the SimCard
    Pin: You Can set it up on Straighttalk.com-> Settings
    Phone No

Hope this helps!

Carrier
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    I could not port out using the sim number before when I left ST. I had to use the phone number as the account number and then last 4 of the phone number as the PIN. That worked.
    “A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
    that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
    From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
    who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
    with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
    due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

-Alexander Tyler

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info everyone hopefully I dont have any problems

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kanishk View Post
    Its the Serial Number of the SimCard. You can also check it online on Straighttalk.com account page. If you cannot see it try editing the nickname part and you will see it.
    Three things which are normally asked for porting

Account Number: Serial Number of the SimCard
    Pin: You Can set it up on Straighttalk.com-> Settings
    Phone No

Hope this helps!
    The serial number on my physical simcard is different than the Serial Number/ MEID/ DEC I see when editing the nickname. Do I use the nickname number or the physical number on the simcard?

Also where on the page is the settings tab for the pin? I don't see the option.

Thanks!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    For setting up the pin, goto Update Persona Profile, scroll down to the Login information and there you can see what your current Pin is or you can change it as well.

Did you get the phone along with the Straight Talk connection? If that is the case then you take the serial number of the phone. If you directly got the sim the number should match. Try matching the numbers backwards since the sim have few extra digits in the beginning.
    If still you have confusion goto Straight Talk facebook page and log a ticket from there. They are pretty efficient on facebook atleast.

Start the porting procedure atleast 5 days before the end date of your account. There is a chance that they will port immediately and you will loose 5 days worth of service but on the bright side if they are slow in porting you can be sure your number is safe atleast for 5 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kanishk View Post
    For setting up the pin, goto Update Persona Profile, scroll down to the Login information and there you can see what your current Pin is or you can change it as well.

Did you get the phone along with the Straight Talk connection? If that is the case then you take the serial number of the phone. If you directly got the sim the number should match. Try matching the numbers backwards since the sim have few extra digits in the beginning.
    If still you have confusion goto Straight Talk facebook page and log a ticket from there. They are pretty efficient on facebook atleast.

Start the porting procedure atleast 5 days before the end date of your account. There is a chance that they will port immediately and you will loose 5 days worth of service but on the bright side if they are slow in porting you can be sure your number is safe atleast for 5 days.
    Thanks for the info on the PIN.

I am not sure exactly what you mean about getting the phone along with the straight talk connection? I purchased a NOKIA E71 from straight talk and ported in my number from ATT.

The physical number on the sim card is not close to the Serial Number/ MEID/ DEC.

I'd rather not take the risk of talking to straight talk directly as I don't want them to be mad I'm porting out and cancel service prematurely...

Thanks for the info on doing it 5 days early... I really dont want to lose my number so I will definitely take your advice!

Phones
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    iphone 5s/JB
    Galaxy Note
    Carriers
    At&t
    tmo for tablet
    Feedback Score
    I just ported out to google voice. My account number was the whole serial number off the red activation card (from the nokia e-5), I needed the name on the account, the phone number. I don't think I needed the pin #. Don't remember. The port took a full 24 hours from midnite wed to midnite thur. The call and text feature both worked. I have read that texting could take up to 3 days to work. I got lucky. However, I am not getting notifications. I have google voice sms integration, and using the native sms, but no notifications when sending to my GV number. I will have to try go sms next.
    Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back up is when you screw up!

It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank-you.

Feedback Score
    How many digits was the number on your red card that you had to use? I don't have my red card any more, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that it was identical to the number on the sim card - 15 of which is underlined.

Did you just use the 15 underlined numbers or did it include the whole string of numbers?

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    I used the underlined numbers only and that did work. Sample size of n=1 though. This was for an BYOD SIM (AT&T flavour)
    Last edited by mch; 10-12-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Phones
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    iphone 5s/JB
    Galaxy Note
    Carriers
    At&t
    tmo for tablet
    Feedback Score
    My red card was like this- serial number: 000 000 000 000 000

The sim number on the red card was longer than this number- or the serial number. I don't have any numbers underlined on sim or serial, and my sim number is completely different from the serial #.

I also had a straight talk phone-nokia e-5- not just a BYOD sim.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyy View Post
    Thanks for the info on the PIN.

I am not sure exactly what you mean about getting the phone along with the straight talk connection? I purchased a NOKIA E71 from straight talk and ported in my number from ATT.

The physical number on the sim card is not close to the Serial Number/ MEID/ DEC.

I'd rather not take the risk of talking to straight talk directly as I don't want them to be mad I'm porting out and cancel service prematurely...

Thanks for the info on doing it 5 days early... I really dont want to lose my number so I will definitely take your advice!

Its like if you bought a ST phone, then the IMEI of the Phone is the account number.
    The settings which I was telling about is for ST BYOP. But confirm with them on facebook first, will be better. Facebook customer support is more reliable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast