Thread: LG Optimus 2x P999 on wind

Feedback Score

LG Optimus 2x P999 on wind

Hi all, I just purchased a LG Optinus 2x p999 (wind phone) and have it activated on the wind network. I am trying to avoid roaming charges. I have have selected wind home as the network but notice everythime I shut the phone off and restart I have to manually go and select wind home again to get a signal, Is there any way for the phone to stay ONLY on wind home. I also have my network mode "WCDMA ONLY", I was told this will also avoid data roaming even though I have that disabled on the phone, it will stay on this mode after shutdown and restart but not wind only. Thanks

Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Go to settings and instead of "search manually" use auto register.
    Instructions for the $55- 5 Gb sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...odo-sk-mb-plan

Latest phones used:Oneplus One,OnePlus One now used by son as well, LG G2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol x, Lg G2 Dropped cracked screen bent motherboard, Nexus 5 sold, Lg G Flex Sold, Nexus 5 wife's , HTC One sold, Nexus 4 LTE sold , LG optimus 4x sold, Samsung Galaxy s4 Daughter's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b5srt View Post
    Hi all, I just purchased a LG Optinus 2x p999 (wind phone) and have it activated on the wind network. I am trying to avoid roaming charges. I have have selected wind home as the network but notice everythime I shut the phone off and restart I have to manually go and select wind home again to get a signal, Is there any way for the phone to stay ONLY on wind home. I also have my network mode "WCDMA ONLY", I was told this will also avoid data roaming even though I have that disabled on the phone, it will stay on this mode after shutdown and restart but not wind only. Thanks
    I thought of that but wont that search for any provider if I have a week signal ? Thx

Phones
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    I thought of that but wont that search for any provider if I have a week signal ? Thx
    Wait you are saying that manually it finds Wind but automatically it does not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    Wait you are saying that manually it finds Wind but automatically it does not?
    It will find "wind home" automaticlly but wont this enable the phone to roam if I have a weak signal. I am trying to avoid roaming....

Carrier
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It will find "wind home" automaticlly but wont this enable the phone to roam if I have a weak signal. I am trying to avoid roaming....
    It won't/can't roam if you set it to WCDMA only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyzink View Post
    It won't/can't roam if you set it to WCDMA only.
    Great, Thanks very much.

My main line is still with Fido/Rogers, I am testing out Wind to see if it works for my wife as she is not a heavy user. I expect some minor hick-ups from a new provider but with the savings compared to the big 3 it may be worth it.

Carrier
    Wind (formerly Fido/Chatr)
    Feedback Score
    I think that is a bit overcautious. All you need is to shut off data roaming and the worst scenario is that you may be calling from Windaway by mistake.
    And to pay for call roaming is little compared with data roaming. Also you need to be able to receive call while off from Wind zone. You may not even need to answer the windaway call as the call display will tell you if you need to take the call.
    You are on top of it

Daniel

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    if you're using a windows phone or blackberry, roaming isn't a problem. windows phone won't use data on roaming, blackberry will use so little you won't have bill shock
    Sent from my Lumia 710 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Phones
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    if you're using a windows phone or blackberry, roaming isn't a problem. windows phone won't use data on roaming, blackberry will use so little you won't have bill shock
    Sent from my Lumia 710 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Umm 3 days in NEw York with a blackberry produced a $330- bill for data.....