Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score

Tracfone LG 840G spotted in store

The LG 640G was spotted at a Wal Mart in PA today. Phone has TMFL, 3G/WiFi, and comes with a 2GB SD card. Price is $60.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    The_Sweeper ... What? No picture?

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Turk found it and I am not poaching his pic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Turk found it and I am not poaching his pic.
    I always enjoy your pictures.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    The LG 640G was spotted at a Wal Mart in PA today. .......
    We know you meant LG 840G ..... must be all the excitement.

Who's going to be the first to post a mini review after they buy one (not I)?
    Cheers!

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    For those who want to see the box…

Bought it, cracked it open and will see what she's got under the hood tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    What stores have the LG840G ?
    The_Sweeper got his in NH. Someone in WI reported on facebook that none of her Walmarts in WI have it. So it depends on geographic region.

Multiple Walmarts in central Florida have it on the shelves. I just called around yesterday.

Hooterville, you are in north central Florida, aren't you? You ought to be able to find them in Walmarts around you within reasonable driving distance. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    The_Sweeper got his in NH. Someone in WI reported on facebook that none of her Walmarts in WI have it. So it depends on geographic region.

Multiple Walmarts in central Florida have it on the shelves. I just called around yesterday.

Hooterville, you are in north central Florida, aren't you? You ought to be able to find them in Walmarts around you within reasonable driving distance. Good luck.
    Thanks, annepani
    I'll call around and see if I can find any.
    What network are these running on?

Feedback Score
    Thanks, annepani I'll call around and see if I can find any. What network are these running on?
    The picture in post #6 of the phone at Walmart shows model number TFLG840GTMP4. P4 is ATT. Walmart generally carries ATT but sometimes they slip in a T-Mobile. It happened to me.

Feedback Score
    Is this a 3G phone?

Just called a Walmart and they have them and the number is:

TFLG840GTMP4-5

Is this an AT&T sim?

Feedback Score
    TFLG840GTMP4-5

Is this an AT&T sim?
    My question also. It was my understanding that Walmart only carried ATT sim'ed units, but I thought the part number on pkg was supposed to end in P4 not P4-5. That makes me wonder if it could be T-Mobile. The actual SIM # is TF64SIMC4 V2 My current ATT SIMs have the same number, without the V2 on the end.

It's probably just mild paranoia, but I wonder if America Movil has wised up and is putting out T-Mobile SIMS cloaked in "ATT-like" numbers. I can't use a TM SIM, so I hope not.

FYI, If you don't see these in the store, ask an associate. These were not on the shelves in my walmart, but I asked the counter person in the "wireless area" if they were in. She found them and sold me 2.

My initial impression is lukewarm. Touchscreen with fingers is very responsive and quick, but you cannot use a stylus because it doesn't register. (Not good for large fingers). I don't own the LG800, so I can't compare the screen to that, but I prefer the 16:9 screen ratio of the EX124G. The LG840 seems to be closer to 4:3 so my existing videos don't fit well and are downsized because of this. WIFI connection to my network is good and reasonably quick, but Web navigation is a joke without keyboard input. Also, landscape web view is optional, but it annoyingly reverts back to portrait constantly, each time requiring extra taps/strokes to enable it! You can text using keyboard with the option to save that as a default.

If call quality is good and without issues, I'll keep one. Definitely worth it for that & TMFL alone. I can't comment on voice yet as I have not activated the one I opened. I'm waiting for confirmation that it's an ATT SIM. If it's T-Mobile, both are going back.

FYI, I'm getting less bars with the LG840, than with my LG900 or MOTO EX124G, but of course it's not activated yet, so I'm not sure if that is relevant at this point.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Is this a 3G phone?

Just called a Walmart and they have them and the number is:

TFLG840GTMP4-5

Is this an AT&T sim?
    Yes, the 840G is a 3G phone (has wifi, too), and that is an AR&T SIM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chanoman View Post
    The actual SIM # is TF64SIMC4 V2 My current ATT SIMs have the same number, without the V2 on the end. If call quality is good and without issues, I can't comment on voice yet as I have not activated the one I opened. I'm waiting for confirmation that it's an ATT SIM. If it's T-Mobile, both are going back.
    I believe the V2 stands for Version 2. I have 2 phones with that and they are both ATT, both work fine.

You can tell definitively if it is ATT or T-Mobile by looking at the SIM number. Not the SIM model number, the actual NUMBER. The SIM number is a long string of numbers beginning with either 890141... or 890126...

890141 is ATT
    890126 is T-Mobile

Go to Menu > Prepaid > SIM number and read the number. The first 6 digits will tell you which you have.

And I think you are wrong about American Movil moving everyone to T-Mo. I started 6 years ago as GSM4 (ATT only), then got reclassified to GSM5 (T-Mo whenever possible) then reclassified to COGSM4 (Verizon and ATT) and now I am back to GSM4 (ATT only). So I think AM is moving customers away from T-Mo, not towards them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    And I think you are wrong about American Movil moving everyone to T-Mo. I started 6 years ago as GSM4 (ATT only), then got reclassified to GSM5 (T-Mo whenever possible) then reclassified to COGSM4 (Verizon and ATT) and now I am back to GSM4 (ATT only). So I think AM is moving customers away from T-Mo, not towards them.
    Thanks for the info, but for the record, I think you misread my post.

I didn't state that AM was moving customers towards TM, I only posed the question, wondering if it was possible. Thanks for answering that question. and also thanks to The_Sweeper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chanoman View Post
    I'm waiting for confirmation that it's an ATT SIM. If it's T-Mobile, both are going back.
    So which do you have -- ATT or T-Mo?

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast