Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    206
    Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPad 3
    Feedback Score
    0

    iPhone 5 - No Hard Reboot (or DFU mode?)

    Whenever my iPhones act up and do strange things such as Bluetooth not cooperating, or not beging able to use data even though I have a good signal, etc.. I do a hard reboot by holding down HOME and POWER until the phone resets. My iPhone 5 won't reboot this way no matter how long I hold both down. I'm wondering if mine is just defective, or if this is a new design in the iPhone 5? I'm wondering if this was done to prevent people from going into DFU mode to jailbreak/unlock the phones...
    -Keith

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    806
    Carrier
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just rebooted mine. It may be your model, I'm on gsm/LTE.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    206
    Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPad 3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    I just rebooted mine. It may be your model, I'm on gsm/LTE.
    When you say you just rebooted, did you do it by holding down power and home until the unit shuts off? Or did you do the power button and then "Slide to power off"?

    I'm talking about holding both buttons down until the unit powers off, mine never powers off that way.. I have to slide to power off.
    -Keith

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    806
    Carrier
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelkin View Post
    When you say you just rebooted, did you do it by holding down power and home until the unit shuts off? Or did you do the power button and then "Slide to power off"?

    I'm talking about holding both buttons down until the unit powers off, mine never powers off that way.. I have to slide to power off.
    -Keith
    Holding down both buttons. Long time jailbreaker here👍

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    206
    Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPad 3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    Holding down both buttons. Long time jailbreaker here
    Have you actually tried it with an iPhone 5 or are you just saying that based on previous experience? I too am a long time jailbreaker, very familiar with DFU mode and jailbreaking... I know how to reboot the phone and get it into DFU mode.. but my iPhone 5 is absolutely not rebooting whatsoever when I hold down both buttons.. even when I hold them down for 60 seconds.. All it does is take a screenshot and sit there on the slide to power off screen and eventually turn the screen dark.. but it is NOT rebooting.
    -Keith

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    806
    Carrier
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelkin View Post
    Have you actually tried it with an iPhone 5 or are you just saying that based on previous experience? I too am a long time jailbreaker, very familiar with DFU mode and jailbreaking... I know how to reboot the phone and get it into DFU mode.. but my iPhone 5 is absolutely not rebooting whatsoever when I hold down both buttons.. even when I hold them down for 60 seconds.. All it does is take a screenshot and sit there on the slide to power off screen and eventually turn the screen dark.. but it is NOT rebooting.
    -Keith
    Iphone5. Like I replied the first time, I rebooted it to make sure that it worked. I was pretty sure I'd rebooted it before but wanted to make sure I was giving correct info.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    206
    Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPad 3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    Iphone5. Like I replied the first time, I rebooted it to make sure that it worked. I was pretty sure I'd rebooted it before but wanted to make sure I was giving correct info.
    Thanks for verifying that, I guess my screen isn't the only thing that's defective. (I have a translucent dot on my screen which appears to be the backlight shining through as it isn't a stuck pixel, the spot changes color but is much mich brighter than all the other pixels.. it's either a pixel stuck at full intensity or backlighting somehow shining through)
    -Keith

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    806
    Carrier
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'd take that sucker back quick,fast, in a hurry😂 You're welcome. Your phone is gsm? My brother just picked up a CDMA model, I can reboot his if you need me to.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    iPhone 5 32GB (White)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    I'd take that sucker back quick,fast, in a hurry You're welcome. Your phone is gsm? My brother just picked up a CDMA model, I can reboot his if you need me to.
    I picked up a Verizon iPhone 5 last night and just rebooted it by holding the sleep/power button and the home button and it worked fine. I also put it in DFU mode with no problems.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    806
    Carrier
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubaton View Post
    I picked up a Verizon iPhone 5 last night and just rebooted it by holding the sleep/power button and the home button and it worked fine. I also put it in DFU mode with no problems.
    I put my bro's c-spire ip5 into DFU last night. I think Keith just needs to have apple replace his device

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    iPhone 5 32GB (White)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    I put my bro's c-spire ip5 into DFU last night. I think Keith just needs to have apple replace his device
    I totally agree.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In your BIOS
    Posts
    1,446
    Carrier
    M1
    Feedback Score
    0
    i'm getting really poor battery life...anyone know a fix for this?
    Confidence tragic. Intuition magic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,165
    Carrier
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesireCat View Post
    i'm getting really poor battery life...anyone know a fix for this?
    Just do full cycle charges for a month or so and It will improve.

Similar Threads

  1. Dead iPhone 2G - Goes in to DFU mode, but no further.
    By Toaster in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 08:27 PM
  2. Can you bypass activation and unlock iphone 2g with RedSn0w and DFU mode?
    By Fremen93 in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 05:02 AM
  3. iPhone won't go into DFU mode
    By Y3k-Bug in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
  4. iphone randomly shuts off into dfu mode
    By xxtonymanxx in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
  5. iphone randomly shuts off into dfu mode
    By xxtonymanxx in forum Apple
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •