Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have Solavei T-Mobile MVNO, do they really only throttle data after 4 GB?

Feedback Score
    Yes throttling begins at 4GB. And you can now sign up as an "orphan" and you will be placed in some ones network who has completed their FAB.

Feedback Score
    Yes that is true. I haven't found another MVNO that gives 4gb of data at 4G speeds before slowing down to 2G speeds. If there is one let me know. Straight Talk has a 1.5gb to 2gb unspoken cap. I know that T-Mobile's own pre-paid company GoSmart gives 5gb of data but it is only 3g speed and customers claim less than 1mbps download speed.
    Prepaid Wireless Refills
    Discounted & No Tax
    All Major Carriers
    www.SecrestWireless.com

Feedback Score
    False. I regularly use b/t 4GB-6GB on Straight Talk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FloorTwenty View Post
    @Secrest is right. Your results aren't typical. Most people get throttled after using more than 100mb per day or going over 2gb per month. I've experienced it almost every month since December. It may also have to do with the activity on the towers you hit, if you aren't causing congestion (which the ST TOS states is a reason they can throttle you), then maybe you can get more than 2gb. You are one of the more fortunate ones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FloorTwenty View Post
    It is a hit or miss. Some use more and don't get caught and others can get throttled using way less. Doesn't make much sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Solavei

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgay22 View Post
    if they really only throttle after 4g of data.. for $49 .. thats a hell of a deal.. can one confirm with me.. that they used that much data at 42mbps hspa+ before throttle..
    I am a Solavei member and I can assure you that yes they do throttle and when they do they will not release you from 2G speeds even after your next billing cycle come and is paid for.

You can see my postings on Solavei's forums.

support.solavei.com/message/25906

Solavei will block you if you post about this being an issue for you when it occurs and will shut your data off completely. Solavei has gone as far as to tell completely untrue information in the forum to make you appear to other as stupid. Their support tried saying I had my number change and my data cycle resets on a different day than my billing cycle.

Steet clear of Solavei unless you desire headaches.

Oh btw if you get a trio and someone in your trio cancels service to no fault of your own you lose that trio until you fill it in with another newly enrolled member and that lovely $20.

Feedback Score
    I read through your complaints. On the 25th you should have 4g again correct? That's what they were saying anyway. Report back to us on the 25th about your data.

Feedback Score
    I have been without data for the previous 4 days. I have called support, posted in the forums, only to be blocked from posting about my issue, I am blocked from interacting with other Solavei members.

Is this how Solavei works?

Solavei silences those who have unresolved problems with service?

Name:  15209_521885387875133_630778941_n.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  61.6 KB

Phones
    nexus 5
    nexus 5
    Carrier
    t-mobile business account
    Feedback Score
    i have yet to be throttled my highest month i hit 3.8gb of data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwest View Post
    I have never been either.

Sent from my Nexus using Solavei

Phone
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I think they said they throttled after 5gigs.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodpd View Post
    I think they said they throttled after 5gigs.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    It's 4gb.

Sent from my Nexus using Solavei

Feedback Score

Unhappy Update: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Secrest View Post
    I read through your complaints. On the 25th you should have 4g again correct? That's what they were saying anyway. Report back to us on the 25th about your data.

Well it is the 25th and figure provide you guys with an update.

My data is still not working I have tried a series of APN settings as well. My Solavei members account is still blocked from being able to post in the forums, I am blocked from messaging within my.solavei.com as well.

I have tried calling and getting help from support, I even went as far as calling 425-455-4000 yesterday, they took my info and said they would have someone call me back. No one has called me.

Not too happy. I feel swindled in not being supported by Solavei and no assurance that my issue is going to get resolved properly or anytime soon.

Solavei might have worked out for you but it hasn't for me, time for me to go back to the conventional carrier types.

Disappointed.....

Phones
    nexus 5
    nexus 5
    Carrier
    t-mobile business account
    Feedback Score
    yea im sorry to hear that... wish i could help

Feedback Score

Unhappy Update: No Data

yea im sorry to hear that... wish i could help
    Thanks johnwest,

It is the 26th and I am still without data. I even went as far a factory reset of my Nexus 4 and reentered the APN settings. Data is still not working.

I even tried swapping my SIM into another phone that is working with Solavei and data did not work on that phone either. One of the other Solavei members I know in my area has extra Solavei SIM cards so we called Solavei and registered that SIM to my account and again data still does not work.

When I called Solavei to let them know that a new SIM did not resolve the issue they told me my issue is related to the tower being too for signal even though I am with another Member right next to me with full bars and working service.

I have given up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast