Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can We Use Net10 SIM Activate on Straight Talk

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That's a great trick... I'll have to see if it works for me when I get in my stash of Net 10 at&t sim cards!
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Phone
    G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    That's a great trick... I'll have to see if it works for me when I get in my stash of Net 10 at&t sim cards!
    So did you verify that it worked bpauslon?
    diddy kong--not just another pretty face.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Putting in an inactive Straight Talk AT&T serial number did get me past the page, but when I put the SIM number of the Net10 AT&T SIM on the next page, it said 'Contact Customer Care, can not proceed'. That first step added the inactive phone BACK to my account (since I had removed it in the past). Then I did the whole thing again and it went through.. will see if it actually works shortly!
    Go GSM! Switch phones on demand.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    12 hours later, still waiting for my AT&T NET10 SIM to activate on Straight Talk. Could just be the slowness of Tmobile->AT&T migration , which I remember took a long time even when I was using all ST SIMs. Conversely AT&T -> TMobile migrations take all of ten minutes

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddy0071 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    So did you verify that it worked bpauslon?
    i tried but I couldn't get passed the message telling me to contact customer care.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    It took nearly 24 hours, but I think thats just standard for an Tmobile->ATT migration.. but this worked for me.
    1) Straight Talk ATT Serial
    2) Net 10 ATT SIM Card

I guess the key is the website requires a Straight Talk ATT Serial to get past the screen, but then you can use the SIM card from Net 10 because as we know they are identical otherwise. Not sure if this loophole will remain but its not as useful since you do need to have a ST ATT Serial, and only crazy HOFOers have all these SIM and activation cards lying around.

I switched back to ATT because my data speeds are the same on both, but ATT offers full call forwarding (ala Google Voice) and sends texts from short codes (I missed texts from places like Redbox, which uses 727272, and so on).

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    This is good to know, but I hope I never need to try it. I still have my "red cards." I also have on extra AT&T sim that I got for free (SIMSAVE) in November in case the switch to the TMob side didn't work out for one phone. It did work out--apparently, better than we could have imaged at the time. Maybe it's time to pick up a couple of Net10 sims.

Phones
    Samsung R451C
    LG vx9800 The V
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    so let me get this straight, you need the "att serial" from the red cards you get when you order the straight talk sims? im pretty sure my mother still has her red card from her straight talk att sim that shes still using, but im not sure if that would work. i did have straight talk in like 2010 but for some reason i cant recover my account. so what exactly do i need to do this

Feedback Score

Worked with AT&T StraightTalk on Net10

Quote Originally Posted by raviley View Post
    I successfully activated a t-mobile NET10 sim from a BYOD kit I bought from target.

Here's the trick, you have to have an "inactive phone" in your account. You can find this out by logging onto straighttalk.com and logging into your account.

On the top bar, go to Activate/Reactivate > Transfer number
    Click Transfer my Existing Straight Talk Service, click continue
    Enter the serial number of your INACTIVE phone. (In my case, I entered the serial number from an old inactive t-mobile ST BYOD sim)
    Scroll to the bottom where it lists your active and inactive phones/sims, select your active phone you want to transfer FROM. Click submit.
    It will now bring up a screen to enter a sim card number. Enter the full NET10 sim card starting with 8901...
    Go through the prompts to confirm and submit the "port".

I currently have full service through straight talk using a NET10 sim card. Saves me a lot of money to buy NET10 sims from ebay/target/etc... than buying straight talk sims from walmart/straighttalk.com.
    Thanks for the instructions. Worked with ease. I had AT&T with StarightTalk on a normal SIM. I needed to port my service to a micro SIM so I could use ST with a Galaxy S3. Tried calling customer service to activate a Net10 micro SIM on StarightTalk, but she denied it saying the SIM card was Net10, and I needed to port service to Net10 ($5 more per month for same service). Hung up, and tried the above method. Took less than a miniute, and I have full AT&T service on my GS3

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you reuse the same serial number (the full size AT&T SIM) that was already active on your account? Or did you have another inactive serial?

Feedback Score

Inactive SIM

Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Did you reuse the same serial number (the full size AT&T SIM) that was already active on your account? Or did you have another inactive serial?
    I had an old inactive SIM on my account from last year, and that's the number I used

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Can We Use Net10 SIM Activate on Straight Talk

This guy is cashing in on the loophole with net10 Sims...

Ebay item :261193258534

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRAIGHT-TAL...item3cd054d626

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Can We Use Net10 SIM Activate on Straight Talk

But u can't port from another carrier using this method right ? As it will reactivate the old account phone #? Or am I wrong ? Sorry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Can We Use Net10 SIM Activate on Straight Talk

Porting out will have issues. Because the serial numbers don't match up.

Not saying it's impassible port, but more than likely you will run into issues the first port request

Feedback Score
    Ok we got an Iphone 3GS that's jail broken and unlocked to use with Straight Talk before we knew that sim cards are currently unavailable for AT&T. We don't want to get one off eBay for $100. Does anyone know how long of a wait it would be till they are available again.

Also a guy that works with my G/F said he got a new AT&T Net10 sim card from walmart.com for his Iphone took it down to Walmart and is using it for Straight Talk.

so this is true then?

I'm kinda confused with the posts before this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast