Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can We Use Net10 SIM Activate on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

Can We Use Net10 SIM Activate on Straight Talk

Hi
    Can we activated net10 sim byod which cost $1 on ebay, and activated on straight talk?

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhkh17 View Post
    Hi
    Can we activated net10 sim byod which cost $1 on ebay, and activated on straight talk?
    U can only use it on Net10.

Feedback Score
    Hi
    N10 and ST have the same parent company (Tracfone). $50 service card is needed. They were allowing a $5 discount for auto-pay, but I'm not sure if this is still an option.

Carrier
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    The last I knew, Straight Talk sims were free when purchased with a service card, using promo code SIMSAVE in the cart.
    Plus select Fedex 3 day shipping and the shipping will be removed at checkout.
    This makes the sim card/service card bundle cost $44.99 plus tax.
    No idea how long the promo will last.

Feedback Score

Is possible to use NET10 Sim card with Straight Talk?

Hi to all in the forum, my basic question is: Is possible to activate a NET 10 Sim card with the ST service? The system detect that is a wrong SIM Card?

Phones
    Nexus 4 / Z Ultra
    Nexus 4
    Z Ultra
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    No. Need the ST sim. It's an easy port though. I just did it a couple weeks ago.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    loansharkie is correct.on st websitr if you buy a months service card with the sim the sim is free.

Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks for the info.

Feedback Score

Net10 sim on ST

This is just a hunch but I have both net10 and ST sims for at&t. They are absolutely identical in every way except the sim number which starts with the same numbers on both. I am wondering if anyone has activated a net10 sim on ST or vice versa. If not I may buy an unlimited card just to test it out. Thanks

Carrier
    GSM: Whoever has the best deal!
    Feedback Score

Net10 sim on ST

I asked a Straight Talk rep about this through a private message on their FaceBook page once and was told their SIM's cannot be swapped between services, even though they do appear physically identical.

Apparently the SIM numbers are permanently tied to one service or the other in their system.

John L.

Sent from an iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To activate the SIM you have to give the "phone S/N" that they provide to you on the red card. This number , in addition the the SIM S/N itself, identifies the SIM as being in their computer for use by one or the other. You are correct that there is only one type SIM being shared by both Companies.
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 02-28-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    Ok thanks for the clarification.

Carriers
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah makes sense. I wonder what happens when you try to activate it on Straight Talk. Maybe just fails. What's weird is that someone in the Straight Talk forums activated on Straight Talk and somehow ended up on NET10.

Feedback Score

Net10 sim on ST

Not at all, if it so happened that that member set up service on a phone that is serviced through Sprint it could happen.
    Sprint has updated billing software on their system and has managed to put Virgin mobile customers on to the Boost Mobile accts.
    Don't as how they managed that but they did, so if they could manage to move a VM customer over to BM why not have them move a customer from ST over to Net10, other than the fact that ST and NT are not their MVNOs It seems Sprint fubared things enough to accomplish the unimaginable.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carrier
    Straight Talk (T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Hi
    I successfully activated a t-mobile NET10 sim from a BYOD kit I bought from target.

Here's the trick, you have to have an "inactive phone" in your account. You can find this out by logging onto straighttalk.com and logging into your account.

On the top bar, go to Activate/Reactivate > Transfer number
    Click Transfer my Existing Straight Talk Service, click continue
    Enter the serial number of your INACTIVE phone. (In my case, I entered the serial number from an old inactive t-mobile ST BYOD sim)
    Scroll to the bottom where it lists your active and inactive phones/sims, select your active phone you want to transfer FROM. Click submit.
    It will now bring up a screen to enter a sim card number. Enter the full NET10 sim card starting with 8901...
    Go through the prompts to confirm and submit the "port".

I currently have full service through straight talk using a NET10 sim card. Saves me a lot of money to buy NET10 sims from ebay/target/etc... than buying straight talk sims from walmart/straighttalk.com.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast