Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD (XT926) Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD (XT926) Release Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the Motorola DROID RAZR HD and the DROID RAZR MAXX HD.

I have my demo unit of the RAZR HD and am working on the review. So far it's a nice phone, though I hate the way the SIM slot has to be opened using a push-pin to get to the microSD memory card slot.

Last edited by FAUguy; 10-18-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Anything definite on the unsubsidized prices yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks to be a really nice phone, wonder how long before Otterbox has a Commuter case that will fit the HD and HD Maxx.

I really like the SGP Steinheil screen protectors too, might have to wait a couple weeks to get the phone so the aftermarket suppliers have a chance to catch up.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Links aren't active yet, but are shown on the main page

RAZR HD
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5985

RAZR MAXX HD
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5993

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    HD maxx looks nice, should get jelly bean soon

Sent from my Nexus 7

Device(s)
    SGS3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    today's the day. Who's getting one?

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looking at the comparisons on the VW web site. There not listing any differences between the older "Razr Maxx, and the new "Razr HD, & Razr Maxx HD", other than size. What are any Major differences?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I will look them over but will not buy one.
    I went to my store, but both phones were not authenticated so I could not try them out.
    Last edited by ronaldheld; 10-18-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Updates

Feedback Score
    I would consider the HD Maxx in a Dev edition, but it won't happen. I would consider the Dev edition on offer if the battery were upgradable. These going to be similar enough for a Maxx upgrade kit sorta thing like the OG Razr's?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why is thete no hype associated with the release of a Droid?

Feedback Score
    I just left a Sprint LG Optimus S and picked up two Droid Razr MAXX phones Monday as we moved to VZW. Wife talked herself out of the iPhone to get one of these. Very sweet phone. Android 4.0 is like going from the Flintstones to the Jetsons. Then I saw the HD versions launched today.

Differences in both:
    dimensionally a little bigger: 0.04" H and W for the HD.
    4.7" screen with 1280x720 in HD vs 4.3" @ 960x540 resolution
    HD has a 1.5 GHz dual core vs 1.2 GHz dual-core processor in the older version. Same processor, different frequency.
    VZW website says HD versions will be upgradeable from ICS to Jellybean. I've read elsewhere that the older versions will be upgraded, but the VZW website does not say that.
    HD Maxx has 32 GB internal memory vs 16GB in all other versions (HD and M). All can accept 32GB microSD card.

For this guy, I'm in the middle of my fourteen day exchange period, so I'm going to swap the Razr MAXX for a Razr HD at the same price. Or am I crazy?
    Last edited by reframmellator; 10-18-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added VZW move

Feedback Score
    After watching this unboxing together with the Razr MAXX HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FPdjQ1nHrh8

Can someone tell why Motorola did 2 different devices that are virtually the same except for battery size? Why not going just for the 3300mAh version? Is it a marketing decision? I'm not hating or anything, just trying to understand.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reframmellator View Post
    HD has a 1.5 GHz dual core vs 1.2 GHz dual-core processor in the older version. Same processor, different frequency.
    This is actually not true. The processor in the Razr HD MAXX is a full generation beyond the processor in last year's Razr MAXX. It's massively more power efficient (especially when it comes to LTE) and it's nearly twice as fast in synthetic benchmarks despite being clocked only 300mhz higher.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post
    This is actually not true. The processor in the Razr HD MAXX is a full generation beyond the processor in last year's Razr MAXX. It's massively more power efficient (especially when it comes to LTE) and it's nearly twice as fast in synthetic benchmarks despite being clocked only 300mhz higher.
    I stand corrected.

Device(s)
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    I wanna get one, Maxx HD of course...lol. Might look for a deal somewhere online. Good job on releasing them both at the same time this time.

What has me holding up is rumors of a Moto Nexus.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast