Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD (XT926) Release Thread

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Resistance is futile....Maxx HD is calling you!

Device(s)
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Yea...I ordered one 2 hours ago...

I'm a Moto fan at heart, what can I say.... cant wait to compare it to my regular RAZR.

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Im considering the Razr Maxx HD, but the no hype thing is kinda making me second guess it. Im coming from a Bionic, so obviously im itching to get out of it. Is there going to be something else released in the 4Q that will be a 'super phone'?

And side a little side question, why will 611 verizon say you can not upgrade after 12 months without paying $600 for the phone, but when you walk in certain VZW stores, they have no problem letting you upgrade after 12mo. Is this a store policy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff98ny View Post
    Im considering the Razr Maxx HD, but the no hype thing is kinda making me second guess it. Im coming from a Bionic, so obviously im itching to get out of it. Is there going to be something else released in the 4Q that will be a 'super phone'?

And side a little side question, why will 611 verizon say you can not upgrade after 12 months without paying $600 for the phone, but when you walk in certain VZW stores, they have no problem letting you upgrade after 12mo. Is this a store policy?
    Annual upgrades are a thing of the past at all VZW channels.

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    as of when? I upgraded last September for the Bionic, did something change since?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post
    This is actually not true. The processor in the Razr HD MAXX is a full generation beyond the processor in last year's Razr MAXX. It's massively more power efficient (especially when it comes to LTE) and it's nearly twice as fast in synthetic benchmarks despite being clocked only 300mhz higher.

And the processors are made by different companies.

Quote Originally Posted by jo_Ny View Post
    Can someone tell why Motorola did 2 different devices that are virtually the same except for battery size? Why not going just for the 3300mAh version? Is it a marketing decision? I'm not hating or anything, just trying to understand.

Marketing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Susurro View Post
    Marketing.
    Are battery swap kits going to be as doable on these? The fact they will have a Dev version but not in Maxx form has me wondering. I would be all over a Dev Maxx, but will just not bother with a nondev or nonMaxx. Now if the Dev version can have a Maxx upgrade swap done I MIGHT consider it.

Feedback Score
    Stopped into a VZW store today and compared my four day old Razr MAXX to the Razr HD MAXX. The HD did not look or feel bigger, even when putting the phones together, but the difference in screen size - and apparent sharpness - was obvious. (Sometimes, though, believing is seeing. I'm not sure I could have picked out the HD screen in a blind test if both screens were the same size.) I've played heavily with the MAXX over the last few days and got only to 50% battery in the worst 24 hour period. So I think the HD battery will get me through a very busy day with room to spare.

So it looks like I'm going to exchange my Droid Razr MAXX for the Droid Razr HD as soon as my VAR gets one in. I'll try to get my wife to do the same. For her,the extra size of the screen may be a problem with her smaller =hands.

Feedback Score
    Quick update on the differences between the Droid Razr and HD variants.

THe HD has Android Beam NFC (near-field communications).

A post elsewhere on this forum says the latest news from Motorola says the Droid Razr will also get upgraded to Jelly Bean. It just doesn't say when.

A pretty comprehensive review of the Droid Razr vs HD can be found here:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/19/d...axx-hd-review/

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what has happened. Three days ago I received a RAZR HD demo for test and and review (on PhoneArena). I did not root it, and it has been working fine. But since last night, it can no longer place or receive calls. When dialing a number, it just sits there for a minute, and then the dialer ends. When going into the settings, it shows the 1X signal at -120dBm and 4G at -106dBm. On Friday I got in a MAXX HD, calls work fine with it and instead of showing 1X signal, it shows D with -89dBm.

I have tried swapping the SIMs and even a factory reset, and still can't get calls to work again on the RAZR HD. Makes me wonder if this unit is defective, or has that "antenna problem" that was mentioned in the pre-release thread.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I'm not sure what has happened. Three days ago I received a RAZR HD demo for test and and review (on PhoneArena). I did not root it, and it has been working fine. But since last night, it can no longer place or receive calls. When dialing a number, it just sits there for a minute, and then the dialer ends. When going into the settings, it shows the 1X signal at -120dBm and 4G at -106dBm. On Friday I got in a MAXX HD, calls work fine with it and instead of showing 1X signal, it shows D with -89dBm.

I have tried swapping the SIMs and even a factory reset, and still can't get calls to work again on the RAZR HD. Makes me wonder if this unit is defective, or has that "antenna problem" that was mentioned in the pre-release thread.
    Dang if it's a bad one, due to known issue before launch, hopefully those could only sneak out through some different channel you would get a review unit through. Would be annoying to have to try and monitor signal somehow to make sure you don't have a bad one. If this rumor is true and there is a chance some have escaped to normal sales channels they need to publicize some way to identify them.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Dang if it's a bad one, due to known issue before launch, hopefully those could only sneak out through some different channel you would get a review unit through. Would be annoying to have to try and monitor signal somehow to make sure you don't have a bad one. If this rumor is true and there is a chance some have escaped to normal sales channels they need to publicize some way to identify them.
    The only "date code" I can find is on the label on the side on the box, as there is only the small IMEI label on the phone that is inside the SIM/memory card slot.
    The RAZR HD box label says 10/7/2012 and the MAXX HD says 10/15/2012.
    I have to contact Verizon about it, and have them send me out another RAZR HD unit.

The first image of the RAZR HD shows that the 1X signal (for calls) is at -120dBm, which means it isn't receiving a signal, but the 4G is working.
    The second image is if I try to place a call, you'll notice it doesn't go though, and the signal icon at the top shows no service.

Device(s)
    SGS3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    that's frustrating, I'm sure. Let us know how it get's resolved.

Also, it's ironic, as Moto's calling card has always been it's radios and signal strength.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jestik View Post
    that's frustrating, I'm sure. Let us know how it get's resolved.

Also, it's ironic, as Moto's calling card has always been it's radios and signal strength.
    I'm thinking it might just be a fluke defective unit, since the Maxx HD here is still working OK, and no one else has yet to report on this problem. Once I get the RAZR HD replaced, I'll see how it does.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I flashed the phone using the XML file from the link below, and voice calls are working again.
    Hopefully the problem doesn't come back.
    http://sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/list.php

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast