Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: StraightTalk home service, can't get service end date to show.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

StraightTalk home service, can't get service end date to show.

We ported a landline number to the StraightTalk home phone service. It is activated, after waiting six days for the port to take place, and the phone works just fine. The problem is that no service end date shows, so I won't be able to check the expiration on the web site and probably shouldn't set up auto pay until it is fixed. I have spoken to customer support several times and they seem to have tried everything to reset my date, but nothing seems to make it show. If I knew that adding a PIN would work as it should, by either putting one in reserve or on auto pay, I could live with it not showing, but I really have no confidence that it will work. I really don't want the service to lapse and REALLY don't want to lose the phone number.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you get it fixed?

They have tried adding PINs and resetting my account, but nothing gets it to show. This has been going on for about 10 days. My service end date should be the 11th of November, so I have a little time to get this fixed, but I am not sure that they have a clue how to fix it.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    what reminder do they have in place. on cells you get 1 before your end date on autorefill and several reminders without autorefill. the website is convenient and provides comfort and control. time to time people post similar on cell service. usually never posting enough followup to know about resolution.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    My service end date should be the 11th of November, so I have a little time to get this fixed, but I am not sure that they have a clue how to fix it.
    How did you determine your service end date? Do you believe your service period started at the beginning of the port or at completion?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    what reminder do they have in place. on cells you get 1 before your end date on autorefill and several reminders without autorefill. the website is convenient and provides comfort and control. time to time people post similar on cell service. usually never posting enough followup to know about resolution.
    Since this is my first month with the home service, I don't know how the remind you your service is about to expire. I would assume it would have to be via email or a call to the number, since texting doesn't work with this plan. I think I will ask them about that when they give me my follow up call back, or I call in again. I am mist worried that the plan won't renew, if I have a PIN in the reserve cue or if I set up auto pay. I think I will try adding a PIN to the reserve, and see if it renews that way, before I set up auto pay. That way I will at least have a PIN in reserve, no matter when it actually decides to renew.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richardho View Post
    How did you determine your service end date? Do you believe your service period started at the beginning of the port or at completion?
    It is supposed to be the day the port took place, not the day I requested the port. It says this on the website and the CS person confirmed this, but neither date has ever shown up on the website.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Suggestions... try clearing the browser's cache, or try a different browser.

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 5 Sprint
    Blackberry 8530 Boostmobile/iPhone 4s (Sprint/Straight Talk/Page Plus)
    Carriers
    Sprint (2000-Present) Straight Talk AT&T SIM (2012) Page Plus Cellular (2012)
    Telcel Amigo Prepaid Mexico(2011-Present) Nokia 252N with Telcel(1999) and Iusacell(2000)
    Feedback Score
    I have a friend that i set up an Straight Talk AT&T sim for her to use with her iphone about 6 months ago.
    After like 2 months she decided she was going to pay it anymore because she wasnt working. So for the last 4-5 the phone shows "waiting for activation" on the website but its still working for voice, text and data.
    So basically she has free service.
    Sprint User Since 2000 & AT&T GoPhone since 2013
    Free 3G Verizon Roaming with custom PRL

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well, I came home from dinner and there was a follow up call message on my phone. I checked the website and they had finally gotten it fixed, well almost. They had a date showing, but it was the wrong date. I called and explained the issue again, and the lady was able to add the days to my account and it is now showing the correct date. It must have just been a problem with their system.

I also asked if I would get any type of notification when the service was about to end, like an email or a call, since they can't sent a text to a home phone. She checked and said no, there would be no notification sent, just the end date showing on the web site account page.

Also, I had tried several different computers and browsers even on different WiFi networks, and none of them showed the date, so it was definitely on their end.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    free phone while out of work sounds ok.

i would ask about the reminders and always have a pin in reserve. its your landline.

where would you buy a pin. i did not see where to buy a card on the website?

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    this sounds like a must for google voice if you are not transfering a landline number if pins are not easy to find

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    where would you buy a pin. i did not see where to buy a card on the website?
    I noticed my local Walmart is selling home phone service cards now, but they don't seem to be offered on walmart.com.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You can buy the PIN online at the ST site, through your account. Now that I have ported to ST, at some point I may try to port to Google voice then get a random number from ST and just have Google forward to it, but right now I am going to just keep a PIN in reserve or eventually set up auto refill.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cell View Post
    I have a friend that i set up an Straight Talk AT&T sim for her to use with her iphone about 6 months ago.
    After like 2 months she decided she was going to pay it anymore because she wasnt working. So for the last 4-5 the phone shows "waiting for activation" on the website but its still working for voice, text and data.
    So basically she has free service.
    I've heard others getting free service before too. Must be some bad glitches. Good for her though!!

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    We ported a landline number to the StraightTalk home phone service. It is activated, after waiting six days for the port to take place, and the phone works just fine. The problem is that no service end date shows, so I won't be able to check the expiration on the web site and probably shouldn't set up auto pay until it is fixed. I have spoken to customer support several times and they seem to have tried everything to reset my date, but nothing seems to make it show. If I knew that adding a PIN would work as it should, by either putting one in reserve or on auto pay, I could live with it not showing, but I really have no confidence that it will work. I really don't want the service to lapse and REALLY don't want to lose the phone number.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you get it fixed?

They have tried adding PINs and resetting my account, but nothing gets it to show. This has been going on for about 10 days. My service end date should be the 11th of November, so I have a little time to get this fixed, but I am not sure that they have a clue how to fix it.
    So how's the home phone service working out overall? Sounds like a real good deal overall to me.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    So how's the home phone service working out overall? Sounds like a real good deal overall to me.
    So far, so good. Signal seems good and I can't really tell any difference in the call quality. If everything renews as it should, I will give it a thumbs up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast