Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

iMessage not Sending to Non iPhones after IOS 6.0 Upgrading or New Iphone 5.0

has anyone else had this issue... after upgrading to IOS 6.0 or getting the iphone 5.0 i message will not send default to regular sms or send pics to non iphones.. I have a back up android phone i use i haven't gotten any texts or pic messages from friends with new iphone 5.0 or people who had upgraded to 6.0 and have imessage turned on.
    Well since i also have an iphone 5 for work i decided to test and send pics to my back up android phone guess what they where sent but NOT received on the android device so than tested to another regular non smart phone family member has they did not receive either..... ok so heres what i did i turned off imessage than turned it back on waiting for activation to be completed before leaving that screen. I also turned off the smsg and turned back on... and tested again to android and non smartphone. and there they where the text and pics.. so i had my three friends do this also on their iphones with 6 and that resolved the issue. So what happen here.......apple software glitch. my apologies if this has been posted before but did search and found nothing..

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I report a similar situation in another thread. In my case, all iMessages were sent from my Apple ID. Only iPhones were involved. Turning iMessage off then on reactivated it and allowed me to set my telephone number as the sending address.
    Last edited by efparri; 10-22-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

I have no idea what the OP said or did. Did he try to sent iMessage to non iPhones? Sorry, but wall of text that's why can't figure out

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    iMessage only works between iOS devices and Mac OS X devices running Apple's "Messages" software. This might be the problem.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The way messaging is supposed to work with iMessage enabled is that the iMessage is attempted first for iPhones then fall back to MMS or SMS if the Apple server cannot reach the recipient. This could be due to the destination or originating iPhone not having a data connection or the destination is not a iDevice.