Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: $25 BT Grandfathering to End for Everyone in a Few Weeks?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by googleit View Post
    So where did the idea of grandfather plans going away come from? Was it a misinterpretation?
    A VMUSA employee said it to a customer. The only we could know what information the employee was interpreting is if another employee tells us. That's not likely to happen, since past experience indicates employees aren't allowed to post here.

Feedback Score

Getting your money back

Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    True, unfortunately if they opt to leave the service there are no refunds for Top-Ups. They can apply those funds towards the purchase of a new phone or some other VM device instead of paying for any service they will not use.
    I was told (rep named Travis) that if asked for your balance back before you closed the account, you could get it back BUT
    I kind of wonder about that because I remember learning years ago you couldn't get any back.

I will be glad to learn what they have in mind $ wise. How long does it take to install new software anyway? Really!!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    I have two VM $25 grandfathered plans and will probably move them to the T-Mobile $30 plan. The only downside is that T-Mobile doesn't have as good android phone prices as VM does.
    https://play.google.com/store/device...ture=microsite

The new nexus for $300. The first galaxy nexus will probably drop to around $200. You have better options than VM when it comes to android phones.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeped View Post

The new nexus for $300. The first galaxy nexus will probably drop to around $200. You have better options than VM when it comes to android phones.
    The present nexus is selling for a relatively silly amount on T-Mobile with a contract, so there's not much of a reason to think Sprint would make their Nexus phones especially affordable. Imho the Galaxy SII is the more worthy device anyway, if the nexus became available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeped View Post

Samsung galaxy s II has got some interesting features, compared to the promised LG nexus... SD card, samsung touch data transfer, tmobile wifi calling, will.update to jelly bean 4.2

Sent from my LG-P509 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    November will bring new plans and announcements to Virgin Mobile subscribers. Seems like Sprint is about to introduce new options for VM and Boost. There are multiple reports @ the BT $25 plan being eliminated 11/5.
    Well, 11/5 is almost over with no notice of new plans.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    I just got the usual

New Month at Midnight!
    You get
    Mins: 300 Anytime
    Msgs: Unlim
    Data: Unlim
    All for $$25

Keeping fingers crossed!

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    My plans are still fine too. I wouldn't worry about it. $25 plans are going to stay.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phone
    Nexus⁴,Moto G
    Carriers
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I think somebody is dying laughing at all the threads on this, it was as pretty good troll.

But sooner or later the plans will be gone.
    LG Nexus⁴ -- Beanstalk Kit-Kat 4.4.4_r2 -- LTE + ART enabled
    Moto G ------- Stock KitKat -- 4.4.3 -- with ART
    Acer A100 -- GodDroid CM10 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    Old: F3, Blaze 4g, SIII, OV, MT, Rise, Elite

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hershey_squirt View Post
    But sooner or later the plans will be gone.
    Yeah like when VM (and vendors) stops selling old phones; or maybe until sprint turns off 3G data.

I don't think VM is going to do anything too drastic and make people leave prematurely.
    Last edited by TBiz; 11-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBiz View Post
    Yeah like when VM (and vendors) stops selling old phones; or maybe until sprint turns off 3G data.

I don't think VM is going to do anything too drastic and make people leave prematurely.
    They'd never force users of newer phones to retire their grandfathered plans, for example.

There's always the possibility they're losing money in some way on this deal, and they've decided to simply discontinue it because of that. (inflation is a pain.)

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by primetechv2 View Post
    They'd never force users of newer phones to retire their grandfathered plans, for example.

There's always the possibility they're losing money in some way on this deal, and they've decided to simply discontinue it because of that. (inflation is a pain.)

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure where you are going with your first statement. Are you saying people on the grandfathered plan get to keep the plan when they upgrade/replace their newer phones? Or will they have to get the new plan when they get newer phones?

VM is not going to make people leave the $25 plan; people will leave on their own (poor data network, BYOSD from other Sprint MVNO). When there are a handful of $25 subscribers left, then VM will discontinue the plan.

Phone
    Lumia_635, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    at&t_GP, Virgin_Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not sure where you are going with your first statement. Are you saying people on the grandfathered plan get to keep the plan when they upgrade/replace their newer phones? Or will they have to get the new plan when they get newer phones?

VM is not going to make people leave the $25 plan; people will leave on their own (poor data network, BYOSD from other Sprint MVNO). When there are a handful of $25 subscribers left, then VM will discontinue the plan.
    Sprint/VM usually replace expired plans with higher value service options. The $25 Plan was introduced at a time when VM smartphone options were limited to the Samsung Intercept and BlackBerry. Since those days Sprint has now populated the Virgin Mobile line-up with an extensive selection of entry level / mid-range / and high-end devices. They no longer need a $25 price point now that they have numerous devices for subscribers to choose from. If current $25 subscribers opt for a competing service, then Sprint will have to explore the reason(s) for defections. At this time Sprint's Prepaid brands seem to be delivering positive subscriber growth numbers each quarter, indicating that any subscribers that may have left for competing prepaid services may have left for reasons other than an expired price plan. Not everyone needs or wants a 4G speed, most subscribers can experience an optimal level of performance from their 3G devices on Virgin Mobile's service. For the few that require 4G speeds there are competing contract-free wireless services that can fulfill their needs, most at a much higher monthly cost.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

People will leave in their own. Enough said. Ironically in school you learn you have to have at least some customers to make any profit at all...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sprint/VM usually replace expired plans with higher value service options. The $25 Plan was introduced at a time when VM smartphone options were limited to the Samsung Intercept and BlackBerry. Since those days Sprint has now populated the Virgin Mobile line-up with an extensive selection of entry level / mid-range / and high-end devices. They no longer need a $25 price point now that they have numerous devices for subscribers to choose from. If current $25 subscribers opt for a competing service, then Sprint will have to explore the reason(s) for defections. At this time Sprint's Prepaid brands seem to be delivering positive subscriber growth numbers each quarter, indicating that any subscribers that may have left for competing prepaid services may have left for reasons other than an expired price plan. Not everyone needs or wants a 4G speed, most subscribers can experience an optimal level of performance from their 3G devices on Virgin Mobile's service. For the few that require 4G speeds there are competing contract-free wireless services that can fulfill their needs, most at a much higher monthly cost.
    Very well said. Also postpaid contract plans aren't grandfathered forever, for anyone to expect prepaid no contract plans to be "grandfathered" is very misguided.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

$100 - 4 Lines (Framily)
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast