Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Net10 now offers Family Plans!

Feedback Score

Net10 now offers Family Plans!

For anyone who hasn't been to NT site recently you will see a lot of changes. They have updated their website and the interface is much more attractive and modern now.

But the biggest news is that they have added Family Plans along side their previous offerings of Pay-as-you-go and Monthly plans.

All Family Plans include:

Unlimited National Calls
    Unlimited Text
    Unlimited Data
    No Activation Fee

Family Plan Pricing is as follows:

$90 for 2 people
    $130 for 3 people
    $170 for 4 people

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Been out a few week and it looks like, to start at least, only available at Target (at least off-line).

T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Been out a few week and it looks like, to start at least, only available at Target (at least off-line).
    This might be true (for offline stores) but I was on NT's site last week and they still had their old site up and no family plans.

Anyway, I posted this since I did not see anyone mentioning it on HoFo yet and thought others might be interested in this new offering.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    This only seems like a good deal if 3 plus people use this, it would be 43.33 a person. With a 7 percent discount through callingmart you can get a pin for 46.50. And on these you gotta pay tax ( except for lucky people in a few states that dont) BUT when they make there way online i can see this getting even better!

Feedback Score

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Wonder if they will be more forgiving on data usage with it.

Feedback Score
    I currently use net10 - pay $45 plus tax with auto refill. If I add 2 more lines do I need to wait until my acct refills? Anyone have info on how this works for people wishing to add phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trenty View Post
    I currently use net10 - pay $45 plus tax with auto refill. If I add 2 more lines do I need to wait until my acct refills? Anyone have info on how this works for people wishing to add phones?
    So I added the two phones last night - BYOP sims. I did get the family plan rate for these phones. Each phone will be $41.66/month plus tax using auto refill.

I dreaded calling CS as I have been a tracfone and/or net10 customer for years. I thought I was in for another hours long process and/or multiple phone calls. However, it was all said and done in less than 10 minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    This only seems like a good deal if 3 plus people use this, it would be 43.33 a person. With a 7 percent discount through callingmart you can get a pin for 46.50. And on these you gotta pay tax ( except for lucky people in a few states that dont) BUT when they make there way online i can see this getting even better!
    With auto refill it is 41.66/month for each person. Tax is added to this.

Feedback Score
    So I added the two phones last night - BYOP sims. I did get the family plan rate for these phones. Each phone will be $41.66/month plus tax using auto refill.
    Awesome, thanks for updating us on everything and especially for what the monthly charge will be when using auto refill.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

I dreaded calling CS as I have been a tracfone and/or net10 customer for years. I thought I was in for another hours long process and/or multiple phone calls. However, it was all said and done in less than 10 minutes.
    It is unclear exactly what you did. Do you now have three phones on Net10, two new ones started on the family plan and one old one on the regular unlimited plan. Did you determine if the old one can be put on the family plan in the middle of an already paid for 30 days, without losing the remainder of those 30 days ? Do they allow staggered renewal dates for each phone on the family plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It is unclear exactly what you did. Do you now have three phones on Net10, two new ones started on the family plan and one old one on the regular unlimited plan. Did you determine if the old one can be put on the family plan in the middle of an already paid for 30 days, without losing the remainder of those 30 days ? Do they allow staggered renewal dates for each phone on the family plan?
    I now have three phones on net10. I activated a phone at the end of September. It was on auto refill from the start. The other day I added two phones for my kids (BYOP). I called the number that came with the sims and explained that I had one phone on auto refill at $45/month and that I wanted to add two more and get the family plan at $125 with auto refill. The net10 person had to do each new phone as a separate transaction on the same credit card that I use for my first phone. So my card was charged twice for 41.66 plus tax. I asked about my first phone and he said that would be charged the same. I won't know for sure until the charge goes through at the end of the month (I think the 28th).

So each month I will be charged three times - $41.66 + tax. Once at the end of the month and twice around the 10th. So they do allow staggered renewal dates for each phone on the family plan. I did not lose any of the 30 days on my first phone.

I hope this makes sense . . .
    Last edited by trenty; 11-12-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Feedback Score
    I now have three phones on net10. I activated a phone at the end of September. It was on auto refill from the start. The other day I added two phones for my kids (BYOP). I called the number that came with the sims and explained that I had one phone on auto refill at $45/month and that I wanted to add two more and get the family plan at $125 with auto refill. The net10 person had to do each new phone as a separate transaction on the same credit card that I use for my first phone. So my card was charged twice for 41.66 plus tax. I asked about my first phone and he said that would be charged the same. I won't know for sure until the charge goes through at the end of the month (I think the 28th).

So each month I will be charged three times - $41.66 + tax. Once at the end of the month and twice around the 10th. So they do allow staggered renewal dates for each phone on the family plan. I did not lose any of the 30 days on my first phone.

I hope this makes sense . . .

I just got billed for the first phone I had on autopay and need to clarify. Each phone is not 41.66/month. I was charged 45 (plus tax) for the first phone. For the two other phones I added mid-cycle billing I was charged 40 (plus tax). So yes - you can add phones mid-cycle. With auto pay the first phone gets a $5 discount and each other phone gets a $10 discount. I have three phones on the family plan with auto-pay. The total does come out to 125 (plus tax). They just charge my card separately for each phone.

Feedback Score
    Think this is a great deal. I have used Net 10 Samsung Slider phone for years.. $15.00 month text and voice. Can use web, but not in the plan so I do not use it often. I think in the future I would go with family plan of date, talk and text. I am giving up my house phone so the plan for the future for me. :-)

Feedback Score
    I recently activated two att phones on Net10 BYOP prepaid monthly plan. I purchased the SIMs at Radio Shack and then I purchased a 2 person family plan from Calling Mart for just under $90 to get them activated. What I got from CM was two PINs, one for each phone. I activated each phone separately (on different phone calls) so the PINs didn't seem to be tied to each other. What is stopping people from purchasing the 4 person package, using two PINs right away and saving the other two for the next month? The cost drops to just over $32 / month if you can do it. ($168.30 for four PINs). Do you have to use all four PINs at the same time or can you save them and use them whenever you want? Seems too good to be true if you can do it! Does anyone know if this will work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast