Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Net10 now offers Family Plans!

Feedback Score
    Don't recall hearing anyone talk about it. I expect net10 cs would tell you it won't work, all pins must be used in a certain time, etc. Only one way to find out...

Btw, it works out to $42 per pin if it's $168 for 4. Not as good.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply. You are so right about the $42! I have to learn how to use a calculator! I did receive an email from NT rep that said I could even use all four PINs on one phone if I wanted to. The extra PINs would go into "reserve". Actually, it doesn't save any money compared to just going on the auto refill family plan for the two phones. NT gives $5 off / mo. on first phone and $10 on the second, bringing the monthly cost for the two unlimited plans down to $85/mo. I know NT limits ATT data to 1.5GB / mo. now but that is not a problem for me. Hard to find a better deal using ATT network. (Other than Straight Talk, but you can't get the ATT SIMs anymore).

Feedback Score
    Used auto refill last month for two lines. Came out to $92 and some change - $85 for service plus $7 in taxes and fees in FL. Since callingmart doesn't let coupons apply to family plans, it is hard to beat this unless you go with eBay resellers or CGT. I normally scan for refill deals in the ST forum and decide it is worth the time and risk for the savings.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mauitech View Post
    I know NT limits ATT data to 1.5GB / mo. now but that is not a problem for me.
    The problem is not the 1.5GB allotment, which is perfectly reasonable. Net10 is now being MAJORLY throttled by Tracfone/AT&T/Whoever. I had 4G from April 4 through June ~5. Then data stopped completely for 2 solid weeks . Then it came back as "E" (EDGE), then 4G for a week , now back on EDGE consistently.

I used data to stream pandora, looking up products while shopping, and iMessage. I used only 185MB over a 5 week period. I was boldly advertising Net10 to my iPhone friends for 8 weeks, I can no longer do so seeing it is so spotty. There are hundreds of people on the Net10 forum raging about it all.

My biggest gripe is I would be ok with 1GB or even less, as long as it is 4G. When I price match in a store, I want it to happen in 10 seconds, not 3 minutes.

There is a few dollars a month in savings by using the pre-paid codes instead of auto-refill because of sales tax Net10 charges. However, if you apply a code 5 days in advance, you lose 5 days on your plan. Which means you would want to wait till the last day and that seems like a horrible gamble considering Murphy's Law.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    I was WRONG, ALL WRONG.

Net10 did nothing to the data on my phone.
    It was Mobile Substrate on my jailbreak packages. Once I uninstalled it (uninstalling leaves Jailbreak perfectly intact) my 4G came back instantly.

After nearly 8 weeks of being on 2G, I came across a forum post that told me how to disable Mobile Substrate if I was having iPhone problems that seem odd, I thought, "what problems are they referring to, no way could this be my data issue..." I followed the directions to power on my iphone while pressing the volume-up button. Voila!

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    Don't recall hearing anyone talk about it. I expect net10 cs would tell you it won't work, all pins must be used in a certain time, etc. Only one way to find out...

Btw, it works out to $42 per pin if it's $168 for 4. Not as good.
    It works if you buy the PINs online.

I bought the Unlimited Family Plan 2 from net10wirelessphones.com and added both pins to my account and it worked.
    It was tax free and I received the PINs via email about 2 minutes later (on a workday). I think I will use this method instead of auto-refill on the Net10 site that charges sales tax.

What I DON'T know yet is if the paper cards in stores can work the same. The back of the card specifically says the codes must be used on different phones.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So how good would this be for me and my mother? She would like to try an iPhone and barely uses Data. I on the other hand would probably use about 3GB of Data a month. Should I stay away from Net10? I have read horror stories online so I am vary wary. We are trying to play the carrier shuffle
    "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." - Steve Jobs

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPots View Post
    So how good would this be for me and my mother? She would like to try an iPhone and barely uses Data. I on the other hand would probably use about 3GB of Data a month. Should I stay away from Net10? I have read horror stories online so I am vary wary. We are trying to play the carrier shuffle
    I'm quite tech savvy, and based on all the problems so far ending up being my fault/doing, I'm starting to think that MOST of the "horror stories" are all user error.

My data loss was 100% from the jailbreak I did and 0% Net10's fault. But I only came to this conclusion on happenchance, so most of the people who have the same problem will just believe that Net10 throttled the data.

I recommend Net10, the price is fantastic compared to the Big Networks. Learn to live with 1.5GB and you'll be happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2