Phone
    SG Note 2/HTC EVO
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question Unlock Sprint iPhone5 for ATT?

I've seen a lot of eBay posts for unlocking services (as well as on here) and I know the iPhone 5 has GSM radios since it has LTE. Is it possible to unlock the phone5 so it can use AT&T data services? (specifically HSPA+ and LTE) Lately my data speed on sprint is in the crapper, 400kbps on 3G average with spikes of 700kbps, that's barely over 2G speeds!

Likewise, what about the Sprint iPhone 4S? can is use HSPA+/LTE on ATT? (I know it can be unlocked, at least with JB+Guevy SIM on iOS 5.1.1)
    "Thank you for helping us, help you, help us all" - GLaDOS, PORTAL

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T. S. Eliot

Feedback Score
    Hi there - my understanding is that you can only unlock a phone from its network if it GSM and takes a SIM card. In that regard, I have used an unlock service that I bought on ebay for my AT&T iPhone 4s - to be able to use it on the Airfire Mobile network. It was cheaper than going to my local store that offered "unlock services" and it was quite easy to do.

Phone
    SG Note 2/HTC EVO
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercsadies View Post
    Hi there - my understanding is that you can only unlock a phone from its network if it GSM and takes a SIM card. In that regard, I have used an unlock service that I bought on ebay for my AT&T iPhone 4s - to be able to use it on the Airfire Mobile network. It was cheaper than going to my local store that offered "unlock services" and it was quite easy to do.
    The iPhone 4S takes a mini-Sim, and the 5 takes a nano-Sim, I just dont know if they operate on the same frequencies as ATT's "4G" data services (since ATT is LTE and Sprint is LTE....)

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton_Durkhun View Post
    The iPhone 4S takes a mini-Sim, and the 5 takes a nano-Sim, I just dont know if they operate on the same frequencies as ATT's "4G" data services (since ATT is LTE and Sprint is LTE....)
    The iPhone 4s takes a micro SIM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ion.svg&page=1
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    I was wondering if you could take a sprint iphone 4s and switch it to straight talk, and if so, how is it done.

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The sprint iPhone 5/4s is perfectly capable of running on HSPA+ on ATT, the only issue is getting it to accept an ATT sim card since sprint locks their phones from working on specifically US GSM carriers like ATT/Tmobile. The unlock websites usually only work on the ATT iPhones, not the sprint version but I could be wrong on that part. So in theory yes you can use the sprint iPhone on Straight Talk/ATT, but getting it unlocked is another issue.

Feedback Score
    Thank you snobrdr2324, that helps me in my decision on the iphone4 with the sprint carrier. Have a great day !!!

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by le.vee View Post
    Thank you snobrdr2324, that helps me in my decision on the iphone4 with the sprint carrier. Have a great day !!!
    The CDMA iPhone 4 for Sprint has no SIM card slot. The iPhone 4S does.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The CDMA version of the iPhone 5 does not have the LTE bands used by AT&T, namely Band IV and Band XVII. The CDMA iPhone 5 pairs its LTE bands with CDMA networks for fall back for voice and non-LTE data, while the GSM versions of the iPhone 5 pairs its LTE bands to GSM/UMTS networks for fall back for voice and non-LTE data. Only GSM/UMTS would work on a CDMA iPhone 5 running on a GSM/UMTS/LTE carrier. The same thing would happen with international carriers under the same circumstances. Apple make no universal LTE iPhone 5.

LTE bands used by iPhone 5: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    OMG, that's the answer I was looking for; thanks sooo much Doolie, I now know that sprint iphone 4 will not switch to straight talk. Thank you !!!

Phone
    SG Note 2/HTC EVO
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    The CDMA version of the iPhone 5 does not have the LTE bands used by AT&T, namely Band IV and Band XVII. The CDMA iPhone 5 pairs its LTE bands with CDMA networks for fall back for voice and non-LTE data, while the GSM versions of the iPhone 5 pairs its LTE bands to GSM/UMTS networks for fall back for voice and non-LTE data. Only GSM/UMTS would work on a CDMA iPhone 5 running on a GSM/UMTS/LTE carrier. The same thing would happen with international carriers under the same circumstances. Apple make no universal LTE iPhone 5.

LTE bands used by iPhone 5: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    Not the answer I was hoping for, but I'm glad I got an answer. THANK YOU!