Thread: Question about Flashing BAD ESN Sprint iPhone4 to Pageplus

Feedback Score

Question about Flashing BAD ESN Sprint iPhone4 to Pageplus

Ive always been an android owner for awhile, so I have decided to try out an iphone. I got a sprint iphone 4 but the esn is bad. I have been researching about how to get this phone FULLY working.

I currently have a verizon android on pageplus network, but I am new to the iphones. Do i have to have my iphone unlocked in order to use it on page plus? I have read many posts but can not find a complete answer.
    I have not found any detailed tutorials about how to unlock the iphone or get it working on page plus. I have book marked a few pages that have some good information though.

Thank you for your help in advanced sorry for my ignorance.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 712stranger View Post
    Ive always been an android owner for awhile, so I have decided to try out an iphone. I got a sprint iphone 4 but the esn is bad. I have been researching about how to get this phone FULLY working.

I currently have a verizon android on pageplus network, but I am new to the iphones. Do i have to have my iphone unlocked in order to use it on page plus? I have read many posts but can not find a complete answer.
    I have not found any detailed tutorials about how to unlock the iphone or get it working on page plus. I have book marked a few pages that have some good information though.

Thank you for your help in advanced sorry for my ignorance.
    Check my guide on page plus forums. You have to be on 5.1.1 to flash. Bad or clean esn. Everything works. Don't Need anything other than a jailbreak and to be on 5.1.1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Check my guide on page plus forums. You have to be on 5.1.1 to flash. Bad or clean esn. Everything works. Don't Need anything other than a jailbreak and to be on 5.1.1
    Thank you for the response. Your guide is one of the pages that I have bookmarked. The problem is that the Iphone4 was already on 6.0 before I got it. I see there is a post about iOS 6 comcenter patch, I may try and figure this out.

I see posts online about jailbreaking ios6 with redsn0w and unlocking with ultrasn0w 6.0 fix. However, I am unsure how to preserve the baseband since the phone is running ios 6. Everything I see is 5.x.x.

Thank you again for your help.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the response. Your guide is one of the pages that I have bookmarked. The problem is that the Iphone4 was already on 6.0 before I got it. I see there is a post about iOS 6 comcenter patch, I may try and figure this out.

I see posts online about jailbreaking ios6 with redsn0w and unlocking with ultrasn0w 6.0 fix. However, I am unsure how to preserve the baseband since the phone is running ios 6. Everything I see is 5.x.x.

Thank you again for your help.
    You don't need to preserve band. Though if you play with it long enough on 6 you should be able to get it to work. Just gonna take playing around with things til you figure out right combination.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    You don't need to preserve band. Though if you play with it long enough on 6 you should be able to get it to work. Just gonna take playing around with things til you figure out right combination.
    Thank you for your help. When I get the time I am going to attempt to get my iphone to page plus, i have already downloaded the pageplusbundle.zip. I will report back, good or bad. lol

Feedback Score
    I was successful at jailbreaking the iphone 4 on ios6. however there seems to be no unlock for it. The ultrasn0w fixer for 6.0 does support 3.0.04 baseband. So i guess im stuck with an ipod touch until I can find some way to unlock this. I dont trust any of the websites that you have to pay for an unlock.

any ideas?

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was successful at jailbreaking the iphone 4 on ios6. however there seems to be no unlock for it. The ultrasn0w fixer for 6.0 does support 3.0.04 baseband. So i guess im stuck with an ipod touch until I can find some way to unlock this. I dont trust any of the websites that you have to pay for an unlock.

any ideas?
    you don't need to unlock - that is only for GSM providers (or LTE sim cards too I suppose)

once you jailbreak you just need to find ways to install the carrier bundles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    you don't need to unlock - that is only for GSM providers (or LTE sim cards too I suppose)

once you jailbreak you just need to find ways to install the carrier bundles.
    You are saying that CDMA Iphones do not need to be unlocked? just switch the carrier bundles?

I attempted to put the page plus carrier bundle in the folder in the tutorial. But i had not luck and had to restore the phone. I am sure that I did not do it correctly.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    You are saying that CDMA Iphones do not need to be unlocked? just switch the carrier bundles?

I attempted to put the page plus carrier bundle in the folder in the tutorial. But i had not luck and had to restore the phone. I am sure that I did not do it correctly.
    Yes it's exactly as it sounds. CDMA phones to do not use SIM cards. The phone has a number attached with it which acts like the sim for it. The problem is most carriers won't add another phone esn of another carriers phone. The deal is page plus let's us use any esn. Only bad esn Verizon phones and Verizon prepaid phones can't be activated.

You have to add a esn to page plus for it to work. It's free if you call and ask for a new number or port in.

Check the last few pages for a updated bundle. I have mms working on that new bundle.

Feedback Score
    Hey to piggyback off of this I have a Verizon 4S clean esn and want to use with pageplus, if I just activate it through their website will the mms and web work too?

Thanks

Feedback Score

Question about Flashing BAD ESN Sprint iPhone4 to Pageplus

Quote Originally Posted by trueprime View Post
    Hey to piggyback off of this I have a Verizon 4S clean esn and want to use with pageplus, if I just activate it through their website will the mms and web work too?

Thanks
    Yes it will work. I've already activated over 35 iPhone 4S on PPC. (Page plus celluar)

Feedback Score
    Hi. Will Page Plus cellular also work with a SPRINT iphone 4S (clean ESN)? I think it's CDMA like the Verizon, so can I use the above same plan (jailbreak, etc.)?? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Hi All,

2 questions:
    1)A Iphone 4s has CDMA & GSM radios. Can you take a Sprint clean phone ans use it on say Straight Talk GSM service? How would you do that?
    2)Does anyone have an Iphone 4s carrier bundle for Next G mobile?

Thanks!