Thread: Galaxy S3 - Jelly Bean

Feedback Score

Galaxy S3 - Jelly Bean

Okay, give me some advice...

I just bought a used Sprint Galaxy S3, to be flashed to Page Plus. Vendors on eBay and elsewhere say they can do this.

Coincidentally, Sprint has apparently just today started rolling out over-the-air updates of the OS to 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

The phone I bought is a bad ESN for Sprint, which I'm told should not matter if I'm switching it to PP.

But will it receive the update?
    Must I first get it flashed to PP and then wait (hope) for the update...and need to get it flashed again???

Thanks for your help. This stuff is confusing.

Feedback Score
    Well, folks, 'turns out I can answer my own question...

Despite it being a bad ESN - and, of course, in an area where Sprint service is almost non-existent - it did get the update!

We're havin' fun!

Phone
    Droid Razr M (XT907) Droid 4 (XT894)
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Hi MNGS,

I'm considering the same thing (A blacklisted Sprint GS3 on PP).

How's the GS3 working for you on PP? Are all of the features working? Especially 3G data? (Many people are reporting 4G LTE devices only getting 1X data no matter how much they fiddle with it)

That's cool that the phone got the Jellybean update even with the bad Sprint ESN. Did the update happen before or after you activated the phone with PP?

Did the Jellybean update break the flash to Pageplus in any way?

Thanks for the help!

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehjolly81 View Post
    Hi MNGS,

How's the GS3 working for you on PP? Are all of the features working? Especially 3G data? (Many people are reporting 4G LTE devices only getting 1X data no matter how much they fiddle with it)

That's cool that the phone got the Jellybean update even with the bad Sprint ESN. Did the update happen before or after you activated the phone with PP?

Thanks for the help!
    Your gonna have to use flashing software to edit data settings. Everything should work except you'll be stuck with 1x without a Verizon 3G phone to get ha and aaa shared secret keys from it.

Feedback Score
    Hi MNGS,

Thanks for the help!
    I used a donor to get 3g. I have a Sprint galaxy nexus on page plus. Talk, text, mms and 3g work perfectly. From what I understand the s3 is actually easier to flash to page plus.

The only issue I had was my fascinate would not work as a donor. My htc eris did with however perfectly a donor.

sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus on PPC
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Verizon Razr (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Incredible 2 (ViperINC 1.31)- Page Plus

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input guys. As far as a donor goes, I have a Droid2 on Verizon right now that should work. Will it affect the new phone if I cancel the Droid2 shortly after I use it as a donor? (That is the number I would be porting to Page+) Does the shared secret ever change or is the need for a donor just a one-time deal?

Are the keys unique? (Can I take the keys from my D2 and use them on two different 4G phones)

Lastly, I assume the software you're talking about is the $100 version of CDMA WS?

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input guys. As far as a donor goes, I have a Droid2 on Verizon right now that should work. Will it affect the new phone if I cancel the Droid2 shortly after I use it as a donor? (That is the number I would be porting to Page+) Does the shared secret ever change or is the need for a donor just a one-time deal?

Are the keys unique? (Can I take the keys from my D2 and use them on two different 4G phones)

Lastly, I assume the software you're talking about is the $100 version of CDMA WS?
    Cdma workshop works.If you check google you might be able to find a "free" version (;

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Cdma workshop works.If you check google you might be able to find a "free" version (;
    Yeah, I think you need the latest version (3.8.7). I don't think 2.7 will cut it.

Feedback Score
    Okay, so I started this thread.
    Phone's on its way to an out-of-town place to be flashed. (Local vendor said, "Uh, we'll try to do it, but the Internet might not work." I said "No thanks.").

Should I be worried about the 1G thing? Does this mean no more nice walk outside streaming Pandora?

How does "Donor" work? My current phone's an old Incredible 1 [3G; which I still have here with me] . Will that magically make 3G happen on the Galaxy S3? Is there something the flash place can do/should know to try making me 3G with the new phone???

I love PagePlus and want to love the new phone, but it will be difficult if I'm taking one step forward and then two steps back.

???

I appreciate your help!

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MNGS View Post
    Okay, so I started this thread.
    Phone's on its way to an out-of-town place to be flashed. (Local vendor said, "Uh, we'll try to do it, but the Internet might not work." I said "No thanks.").

Should I be worried about the 1G thing? Does this mean no more nice walk outside streaming Pandora?

How does "Donor" work? My current phone's an old Incredible 1 [3G; which I still have here with me] . Will that magically make 3G happen on the Galaxy S3? Is there something the flash place can do/should know to try making me 3G with the new phone???

I love PagePlus and want to love the new phone, but it will be difficult if I'm taking one step forward and then two steps back.

???

I appreciate your help!
    I think you'll need to verify with the flashing service whether or not you'll get 3G or 1x speed after their flashing process. Regarding a donor phone to get 3G speeds on PPC with a Sprint phone, that might be something to ask your flashing service, or do a search for more info.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah make sure your flashing service gets you 3G, not just 1X. They'll need a donor. If you were doing the flash yourself, your Inc1 is one of the best donors to use. You'd need a copy of CDMA Workshop ($108) as well.

If the flashing service doesn't get you 3G, get your money back and do it yourself. This video and the thread over at XDA has all the info you need.

[HF won't let me post links until I post "a few" times]

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Still not letting me post links...

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Phones
    iPhone 4s, GSII
    iPhone 4s
    GSII
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone successfully flashed the vzw GNEX to pageplus? If so, would you mind posting the link for the infor? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    The video is private. Is there any way to watch this ?
    Thanks