Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Home Phone

Feedback Score

home phone

I saw a device on straight talk that would serve as a home phone, to be released on Sept 21 2012. Does any one have more information?

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Here ya go.
    http://straighttalkhomephone.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mrfjmorris View Post
    I saw a device on straight talk that would serve as a home phone, to be released on Sept 21 2012. Does any one have more information?
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Thank you SnowyWhite.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wow, looks like a good device! And it runs on the Verizon network! If I ever have any trouble with my Magicjack Plus, I'm switching my home phone to this.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I like the concept may even consider getting it.

Feedback Score
    interestingly enough, you only save $4 a month over the same service/device offered by Verizon.

Instead, I have an OBiTALK and use GV for my home phone.
    http://www.obitalk.com
    http://www.obihai.com/
    http://www.geardiary.com/2011/10/25/...obi110-review/

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    this is a good deal.to bad it isn't available on the att network.looked at the map and it showed where i live in ky is not covered.

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk Home Phone

Anyone tried out the new home phone? How is your experience and have you had any problems. If you did/have problems list them and tell how they were fixed or not. Recommend or not?
    I will have questions for you.
    Don't be afraid to ask me questions.

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Feedback Score
    I just got one a few days ago and so far so good.
    Verizon coverage where I use the device isn't that great but still works and no issues.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using HowardForums
    Last edited by Fresh-Popcorn; 10-27-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Corrected Typo

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    i got one this month but have yet to activate. i wanted a phone near my bed and i have my device charging station on the other end of the house so for $15 it is worth a try. i wanted to wait to beginning of month to start service so just a few days left. i will write about it then

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    i activated no issues. so i setup it up with google voice. the forwarding would not work when i entered it in gv control panel. but entering *72 from the handset it worked fine. i had it set as a landline and that lasted about 10 seconds and i changed it to mobile so the control would be there. now if i could get gv number to show on its caller id. on monday i am going to call st and ask. calling out should be rare. gv really catches a crap load of calls most would find annoying. spam folder was full. no wonder i love it. i never knew they called.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    We have had one for a few weeks and it is working just fine. At first, the service end date would not show on our account, but they finally got that fixed. We ported a landline number and that took six days, but other than those two issues, it is good. The number taking so long to port wasn't ST's fault, it was just that landline numbers take longer.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    when i cut my landline off several years ago i started using gv so i have 1 number. i did not get a single political call well i did but i never knew it. i hated the fact you were at the mercy of everybody. not so with gv. i got serious control. i posted this because others just getting started this home phone system with gv is nearly perfect. and oh its cheap too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    i activated no issues. so i setup it up with google voice. the forwarding would not work when i entered it in gv control panel. but entering *72 from the handset it worked fine. i had it set as a landline and that lasted about 10 seconds and i changed it to mobile so the control would be there. now if i could get gv number to show on its caller id. on monday i am going to call st and ask. calling out should be rare. gv really catches a crap load of calls most would find annoying. spam folder was full. no wonder i love it. i never knew they called.
    Thanks for reporting back -- I'm about to try what you've done, so I'm interested in your experience. Could you expand a bit more on what you mean by "the forwarding would not work when i entered it in gv control panel"? Do you mean that incoming calls to the GV number would not forward to the ST home phone device when set as a landline number? I'm not familiar with the use of *72 -- what is that supposed to do?

Edit: Never mind about the *72 question -- I searched and found the answer.
    Last edited by richardho; 11-04-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add info

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    accessing the settings to enter your phone number in gv and after confirming to google by entering your code there will be a hyperlink to activate google voicemail on this phone. thats the part that seemed not to work. the *72 comes in at this point and fixes it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast