Thread: Porting AT&T Lifeline landline to Assurance Wireless

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2, Motorola Droid X, Nokia Lumia 520
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score

Porting AT&T Lifeline landline to Assurance Wireless

My sister is wanting to move her AT&T landline that has a Lifeline credit over to an Assurance Wireless phone. Does AW check to see if her landline # has a Lifeline credit on it as part of the application approval process, or would they do this later after she gets the AW phone? (not allowed to have both a Safelink or AW phone and a Lifeline credit on your home landline).

Would I need to port her landline number over to a another prepaid cell provider (e.g., Page Plus) before porting it to Assurance Wireless in order for her Assurance Wireless application to get approved?

Also... what is the Account Number and default Passcode for an AT&T landline? Is the Account Number the landline # plus the 3 digits shown on the upper right hand corner of the paper bill?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give!

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Why double threads?

Sent from my DROID X2

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Porting a number immediately cancels the old service, so that would be OK under the one line per household rule.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Why double threads?

Sent from my DROID X2
    Sorry about the double threads... my bad. For some reason, I thought that the "Submit New Thread" button would take me back to the page to type and enter the original post of the thread instead of actually saving the original post... blond moment . They should rename the button "Post" instead of "Submit New Thread" LOL.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I originally put this thread in the Virgin Mobile USA forum because this forum looks dead and figured I'd get a quicker response there.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305 View Post
    Porting a number immediately cancels the old service, so that would be OK under the one line per household rule.
    I know that, but my question really is: Is it possible that Assurance Wireless will see that my sister's landline has Lifeline on it and not approve her application for the AW handset, or should she move this number to another prepaid temporarily *before* applying for AW to cancel the Lifeline on that number so that her AW will get approved?

EDIT: Too bad that Page Plus doesn't have a Lifeline program with their The 12 plan... it's the same 250 minutes and 250 texts a month that Assurance Wireless gives but on the much better Verizon network. (I think that Safelink gives 250 minutes a month also). Kinda funny that the number of minutes and texts on The 12 match those of AW & SafeLink.
    Last edited by slyphoxj; 10-27-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added paragraph about Page Plus not having a Lifeline program

Feedback Score
    Tell ATT that they're required by law to give you your account #. You don't need to give them a reason. The porting directly to AW, with the Lifeline credit, should go smoothly.

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, Cricket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    I know that, but my question really is: Is it possible that Assurance Wireless will see that my sister's landline has Lifeline on it and not approve her application for the AW handset, or should she move this number to another prepaid temporarily *before* applying for AW to cancel the Lifeline on that number so that her AW will get approved?
    ...nk.
    Y make it so complicated, Maybe she should just submit the forms for the AW service...
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...