Thread: Anyway to sneak around security code on Samsung sch U380?

Feedback Score

Anyway to sneak around security code on Samsung sch U380?

Step son is having a ton of issues, caught shoplifting, staying out past curfew, not answering phone, not being where he is suppose to be. My wife and I are at a loss, the dad is being unreasonable about looking into his text messages and calls. We want to see what is going on before something worse happens. But he has a security lock on phone and we have no clue what it is. I get that it is a privacy issue and some think kids deserve privacy. I disagree, kids need supervision and cell phones are too easy a way to get into trouble. He use to have a LG phone and we used BITPIM to look at things and helped nip trouble before it started. But the dad got him a new phone a month or so ago and we can't get in using BITPIM. Anyone have another way?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Take away his phone. 'Nuff said.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    Moto X (current); Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid (past)
    Moto X
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless (2010-current)
    Feedback Score
    I agree with veriztd. Until the child learns to behave himself, he should have his cell phone privileges revoked.

I think it's time you stopped spoiling the brat and started disciplining him.
    MOTO X on Verizon Wireless, America's largest and most reliable network!
    + $59.99 { Nationwide Talk & Text [450 minutes, unlimited texts] }
    + $--.-- { 5 Friends & Family® numbers [3/5 used] }
    - $12.00 { 20% Access Discount }
    + $29.99 { !!! UNLIMITED DATA ~ 4G LTE !!! }
    - $20.00 { Talk & Text Plus Data $20 Discount [since 11/11/2010] }
    +$9.68 { taxes and fees }
    --------------------
    TOTAL: $67.66 / month

VZW 4G LTE

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try doing an ota programming (*228, option 1). It should reset phone lock code to last 4 of mobile number.
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Feedback Score
    Like I said in the original post, it is his coward of a father that bought the phone for him and has ultimate control. When he is at our home he does not have phone privileges. But we want to see what is going on and try to nip problems before they become catastrophes. His old LG we could just use BITPIM and download his texts and call log and know what he is up to and what he has been doing. It was helpful. But the dad bought him a new phone and now BITPIM does not work with it. Trust me, if it were my son, his butt would have no cell phone and be sore for a week after being busted shoplifting. This kids dad thinks taking everything away for a week is too hard on the poor kid. He even agreed to the no cell phone for a month but then gave it back after day 3, for emergencies.......I grew up with no cell and made it through life just fine, but I guess these days kids NEED cells for emergencies. Anyways, that is our dilemma, we are going against the dad who thinks his son walks on water and is always the victim. Hence needing a way around the security code. Main reason is IF this kid does any worse or does go to jail, we are still half financially responsible for his actions and that scares the crap out of me!

Feedback Score
    Thanks, but the goal is to do this without the boy knowing. If I reset the code he whine to his dad about lack of privacy. It is an uphill battle that we need as much advantage as we can get with this kid and his dad.

Phone
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Your are stuck on a crappy place. Some parents these days seem to forget our role is to be parents first, not friends. Sounds like his dad is trying to be the latter. I don't think there is much you can do, really.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Give the kid an ultamatum to either provide the unlock code or no phone, at least while in your home.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilrock View Post
    Like I said in the original post, it is his coward of a father that bought the phone for him and has ultimate control. When he is at our home he does not have phone privileges. But we want to see what is going on and try to nip problems before they become catastrophes. His old LG we could just use BITPIM and download his texts and call log and know what he is up to and what he has been doing. It was helpful. But the dad bought him a new phone and now BITPIM does not work with it. Trust me, if it were my son, his butt would have no cell phone and be sore for a week after being busted shoplifting. This kids dad thinks taking everything away for a week is too hard on the poor kid. He even agreed to the no cell phone for a month but then gave it back after day 3, for emergencies.......I grew up with no cell and made it through life just fine, but I guess these days kids NEED cells for emergencies. Anyways, that is our dilemma, we are going against the dad who thinks his son walks on water and is always the victim. Hence needing a way around the security code. Main reason is IF this kid does any worse or does go to jail, we are still half financially responsible for his actions and that scares the crap out of me!
    Don't get me wrong, I truly understand your predicament. There may be an application that could be installed like a parental monitor, but without the unlock code you could not install it. Maybe try the approach that he can have the phone in your home only if he allows you to install it in the phone.

This article is from 2011, but check it out: http://www.consumersearch.com/articl...on-cell-phones for some alternatives.

In addition, do an internet search for "parental control cell phone".

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The boy needs to go live with his father or he's going to continue to act up.

Sent from my DROID3 using HowardForums