Thread: Verizon Motorola Citrus and Page Plus Cellular

Feedback Score

Unhappy Verizon Motorola Citrus and Page Plus Cellular

Just purchased a used Motorola Citrus on EBay....already have a Page Plus Cellular Account for my Razor which is on the blink so I know that Verizon and Page Plus us CDMA technology and saw that other Motorola Citrus phones were used for Page Plus, however when I went to give Page Plus the ESN they advised me that Verizon has it locked and they cannot port my phone number over or give me service for this phone.

I call Verizon and the first thing they want to do is sell me a plan costing $80.00 per month. I don't use the phone that much. I pay Page Plus about $10.00 every 3 months and sometimes $25 depending on what is happening with my life.

Verizon claims they have no service for Motorola Citrus that is pay as you go and that would only cost me $30 every three months or so....what a rip off.

I only got this phone because I thought that maybe in the near future when we are traveling more we will need to spend more per month and have the internet service while on the road, but for now, I have no use for it. I know that I am being lied to and how can a company lock a phone so that it can only accept high-end contract plans in order to use it. I may have to complain to ebay about this purchase because they did not say that you had to purchase high end plans in order to use it.

I know there are qualified people out there that can flash the phone, but need to know more about how to find them and if they can do it so Page Plus can actually be my provider. I HATE VERIZON.

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Probably locked because the previous owner of that phone didn't pay their bill to Verizon.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Two things, call pageplus and ask if the esn is clear. The other thing is if it was Verizon prepaid phone it is blocked from pageplus. My guess is the esn is blocked. Maybe a pageplus reseller could help you. Try kitttywireless. You'll have to do a search as posting links is frowned upon I'm sure.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

Unhappy Motorola citrus = no go

Quote Originally Posted by nother_one View Post
    Two things, call pageplus and ask if the esn is clear. The other thing is if it was Verizon prepaid phone it is blocked from pageplus. My guess is the esn is blocked. Maybe a pageplus reseller could help you. Try kitttywireless. You'll have to do a search as posting links is frowned upon I'm sure.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.....After a talk with a service tech at Metro PCS this phone is blocked and not usable f or anything but Verizon PREPAY at $80 per month. Stinks....only thing I can do is try and resell it on EBay, but will have to list it as to use only with Verizon PREPAY. Probably won't get squat for it now. This will not happen again because now I am aware of Verizon's Motorola Citrus PREPAY only block on these phones. They are selling them like wildfire on EBay and probably a lot of people purchasing them thinking they can use them.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, but found out that the Motorola Citrus with Verizon was one of those phones they locked for Verizon Prepay at $80 per month. No way around it. They are selling on EBay like wildfire, so I am sure there will be more victims of these phones which they think they can get flashed for other service providers.