Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Unlocked iPhone 4 not working with APN settings.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unlocked iPhone 4 not working with APN settings.

    I have a iPhone 4 that is unlocked that will not work with data or MMS even after I change the APN settings. I got it unlocked from a person on ebay and then I was able to put the T-Mobile sim card in to get access to the cellular data menu to edit the APN settings. I have tried 4 different methods online including one from Apples forums, and a few from HOFO and this one http://www.jgmedia.biz/how-to-get-da...m-swap-method/ and I have also downloaded the APN settings from unlockit. They all let me put the APN settings in the phone but they seem to never stick. I have waited 5 minutes before on the APN screen just to make sure they would sick but they never do. I have tried this almost 20 times now and I'm getting a little desperate. Anybody know why it isn't working?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    3,069
    Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elimcgrubber View Post
    I have a iPhone 4 that is unlocked that will not work with data or MMS even after I change the APN settings. I got it unlocked from a person on ebay and then I was able to put the T-Mobile sim card in to get access to the cellular data menu to edit the APN settings. I have tried 4 different methods online including one from Apples forums, and a few from HOFO and this one http://www.jgmedia.biz/how-to-get-da...m-swap-method/ and I have also downloaded the APN settings from unlockit. They all let me put the APN settings in the phone but they seem to never stick. I have waited 5 minutes before on the APN screen just to make sure they would sick but they never do. I have tried this almost 20 times now and I'm getting a little desperate. Anybody know why it isn't working?
    One dumb question, did you activate the sim card with ST? Since you mentioned no data or MMS, can you receive, make call.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    One dumb question, did you activate the sim card with ST? Since you mentioned no data or MMS, can you receive, make call.
    Yes, It has been activated for 2 weeks, and yes I can use texting and calling only.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,139
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    is this phone jailbroke

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    is this phone jailbroke
    No, but it does not need to be to save APN settings from what I have read.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,139
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    did you buy it new or used.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    did you buy it new or used.
    Used out of contract from the person before.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,139
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elimcgrubber View Post
    Used out of contract from the person before.
    do a full restore with the new ios for your phone.there is no telling what the guy who had it before you did to it. if it is a 4s put ios 6 on it and follow instructions down a couple of threads

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    do a full restore with the new ios for your phone.there is no telling what the guy who had it before you did to it. if it is a 4s put ios 6 on it and follow instructions down a couple of threads
    Can I put all my stuff back on it after I do that? I have all the stuff from my iPod Touch on it. And it's a 4

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,139
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elimcgrubber View Post
    Can I put all my stuff back on it after I do that? I have all the stuff from my iPod Touch on it. And it's a 4
    yea u r gonna back it up first.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,139
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    here is the thing
    1 make sure software is good
    2 make sure it has a good sim
    3 if 1 and 2 ok then you have a hardware issue because unlockit nz should get you web surfing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    here is the thing
    1 make sure software is good
    2 make sure it has a good sim
    3 if 1 and 2 ok then you have a hardware issue because unlockit nz should get you web surfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    yea u r gonna back it up first.
    Yes, so I should just back it up and then reset it and try the sim thing again and if it still won't work it's the phones problem and not the OS or stuff I have on it?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    here is the thing
    1 make sure software is good
    2 make sure it has a good sim
    3 if 1 and 2 ok then you have a hardware issue because unlockit nz should get you web surfing.
    Okay thanks!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Okay I reset the phone and Tried the APN settings thing from HOFO and the unlockit thing and neither work.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    876
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elimcgrubber View Post
    Okay I reset the phone and Tried the APN settings thing from HOFO and the unlockit thing and neither work.
    If you are doing both sim swap and unlockit, in the past people had problems with both profiles installed. It was suggested that you uninstall the unlockit profile before doing the sim swap. But I would assume you did one and then tested before doing the other. If that's the case, then I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. unlocked iphone not working with telus sim - no service
    By telus4life in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM
  2. New Unlocked V360 not working with Debitel SIM
    By Sandra Jensen in forum Motorola Phone Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  3. Unlocked V620 Not Working With T-Mobile
    By BoriquaBaller in forum Motorola
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 05:57 PM
  4. Unlocked V620 Not Working With T-Mobile
    By BoriquaBaller in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 03:44 PM
  5. Agile Messenger not working with fido settings?
    By bag_of_trixz in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 05:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks